Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:17:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)  (Read 37646 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Channel crossing record beat.
« Reply #120 on August 02, 2021, 01:20:47 pm by SydneyRover »
So why don't they remain in France then instead of risking their lives sailing across the Channel in dinghies to get in the UK where they will receive fewer benefits?

Because it's not purely about the monetary figure they'd receive. They may be able to speak English or may have family over here already.
In that case, they may have a stronger case to apply for asylum. What about those who can't speak English or don't have family here?

The 1951 Refugee Convention

https://www.unhcr.org/en-au/1951-refugee-convention.html

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on August 02, 2021, 01:26:34 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
saw this on france 24 the other day

you have heard the phrase " i've started and i'll finish"

you all know where the migrants want to "finish"  (The Uk -basically the French don't want the refugees to progress their life- just stay as menial workers) and it doesn't take a "mastermind"  to see where they started from ........

"Migrant boat departures from Libya and Tunisia to Italy and other parts of Europe have increased in recent months as weather conditions have improved.

According to the U.N.-affiliated International Organization for Migration, more than 1,100 people fleeing conflict and poverty in Africa and the Middle East have perished this year in the Mediterranean"

https://www.france24.com/en/africa/20210801-rescue-ships-pull-394-migrants-from-dangerously-overcrowded-boat-off-tunisia

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on August 02, 2021, 01:37:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So why don't they remain in France then instead of risking their lives sailing across the Channel in dinghies to get in the UK where they will receive fewer benefits?

Because it's not purely about the monetary figure they'd receive. They may be able to speak English or may have family over here already.
In that case, they may have a stronger case to apply for asylum. What about those who can't speak English or don't have family here?

Have a look online. I don't personally know everyone's circumstances. Feel free to make your point if you're trying to walk me down the garden path.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on August 02, 2021, 01:54:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Without walking you down the garden path, my point is you haven't answered post 111.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on August 02, 2021, 02:09:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Without walking you down the garden path, my point is you haven't answered post 111.

I can't find anything about people claiming for family members in other countries. Maybe you should vote for another party if they're not solving current issues the country is having. ;)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on August 02, 2021, 02:30:58 pm by bobjimwilly »

Post 111 is just full of statements? No questions; nothing to answer to.

I'll bite though - why wouldn't we be proud our country has so much to offer people that people would prefer to come here that stay in France?

(BB - That is a question, and you seem to insist on people answering questions when they are asked, so...)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on August 02, 2021, 02:33:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I can't find anything about people claiming for family members in other countries. Maybe you should vote for another party if they're not solving current issues the country is having. ;)
https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-move-to-uk

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on August 02, 2021, 02:35:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I'll bite though - why wouldn't we be proud our country has so much to offer people that people would prefer to come here that stay in France?

(BB - That is a question, and you seem to insist on people answering questions when they are asked, so...)

BJW. Have a walk around Hexthorpe, for instance, and come back and tell me it makes you proud of our country.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on August 02, 2021, 02:58:26 pm by Axholme Lion »
Why would we want people to come here? We have enough rubbish of our own without importing anyone else's.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on August 02, 2021, 03:01:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

BJW. Have a walk around Hexthorpe, for instance, and come back and tell me it makes you proud of our country.

And this is the problem that rightly should be addressed.  It's not about them coming to the UK it is what they do when they get here.  It's not one or the other though, we should proudly accept refugees whilst ensuring the culture of the UK remains intact.

I've never understood why you'd want to go to another country and try to turn it in to the place you've left.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on August 02, 2021, 03:08:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Absolutely, and it is NOTHING to do with racism.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on August 02, 2021, 06:00:43 pm by Sprotyrover »
I always find it strange why anyone would be against immigration anyway? How do people think American became the most powerful, and at one point the richest, country in the world?
That's a good comparison! The population Density of the USA is 80 per square mile, the population Density of the Uk is 700 per square mile.

Yeah but with an EU passport you could live in any of 27 other countries in the wealthiest bloc in the world
Yes the EU is the promised land!, so why have we got illegal immigrants crossing the Chanel from this Utopian Paradise?
Why have we got hundreds of thousands of Romas living here just what is wrong with the EI that makes us so attractive?

I guess the Roma were born in the UK which makes them citizens, what's your heritage sprot, related to the royal family?
Wrong there Sydders most of the Roma were born in the former Czech Republic and Romania, where they lived literally on rubbish tips
That's one of the reasons they chuck everything into the street, no Bobby has ever taught them how to behave. The other reason is is you go down Popple Street in Fir Vale sheffield you will think it's a football crowd, but that's what you get when 32 folks share a 2 up 2 down! Somebody set up a pop up hut buying jumble clothes, nobody dare put their washing out to dry for 6 months!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on August 02, 2021, 06:07:52 pm by Sprotyrover »

Your Cobbers know how to sort em mate, thirteen ships of the Armidale class for a start, the RNLI are a humanitarian organisation, we need to take a leaf out of Sydders adopted countries books and use our navy to take em back to France?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on August 02, 2021, 09:47:38 pm by SydneyRover »
I always find it strange why anyone would be against immigration anyway? How do people think American became the most powerful, and at one point the richest, country in the world?
That's a good comparison! The population Density of the USA is 80 per square mile, the population Density of the Uk is 700 per square mile.

Yeah but with an EU passport you could live in any of 27 other countries in the wealthiest bloc in the world
Yes the EU is the promised land!, so why have we got illegal immigrants crossing the Chanel from this Utopian Paradise?
Why have we got hundreds of thousands of Romas living here just what is wrong with the EI that makes us so attractive?

I guess the Roma were born in the UK which makes them citizens, what's your heritage sprot, related to the royal family?
Wrong there Sydders most of the Roma were born in the former Czech Republic and Romania, where they lived literally on rubbish tips
That's one of the reasons they chuck everything into the street, no Bobby has ever taught them how to behave. The other reason is is you go down Popple Street in Fir Vale sheffield you will think it's a football crowd, but that's what you get when 32 folks share a 2 up 2 down! Somebody set up a pop up hut buying jumble clothes, nobody dare put their washing out to dry for 6 months!

You seem to be a bit of a bobbies helmet you could do your civic duty and show them how you begave in sprotland.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on August 02, 2021, 10:27:01 pm by SydneyRover »

Your Cobbers know how to sort em mate, thirteen ships of the Armidale class for a start, the RNLI are a humanitarian organisation, we need to take a leaf out of Sydders adopted countries books and use our navy to take em back to France?

11 years not long enough sprot?

Hey just a thought, you could have a border in the English Channel?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:29:38 pm by SydneyRover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on August 14, 2021, 09:58:39 pm by normal rules »
Record beat again last Thursday. 592 people made the crossing in a single day.
Where on earth are all these people being put.?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on August 14, 2021, 11:25:24 pm by tyke1962 »

At yours and mine's expense .

We can't even solve our own relative poverty .

Never mind at least the lefty middle class ease their conscience in the big city's .

The metropolitan middle class ?

Is why you'll never get a Labour government .

Fact .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on August 14, 2021, 11:44:54 pm by SydneyRover »

At yours and mine's expense .

We can't even solve our own relative poverty .

Never mind at least the lefty middle class ease their conscience in the big city's .

The metropolitan middle class ?

Is why you'll never get a Labour government .

Fact .

You are entitled to your own opinion of course but not to your own facts Tyke.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Channel crossing record beat.(again)
« Reply #138 on August 15, 2021, 09:31:50 am by Not Now Kato »
It's quite disturbing, (distressing?), how many people on here, (and elsewhere in the UK), fail to see these people as human beings in dire need of help.

Farage and his yob mob did a right good job on some folk!  I hope you're, (NOT), proud of yourselves!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on August 15, 2021, 10:24:08 am by normal rules »
It's quite disturbing, (distressing?), how many people on here, (and elsewhere in the UK), fail to see these people as human beings in dire need of help.

Farage and his yob mob did a right good job on some folk!  I hope you're, (NOT), proud of yourselves!

Please don’t mistake my comments as anti humanitarian. They are not intended that way. This is a crisis. We are not the land of milk and honey. We have our own issues in this country with poverty and homelessness. We don’t need it adding to.
As a suggestion, there is plenty of work in Lincolnshire for these people, instead of putting them in four star hotels in Kensington. Clements veg processing plant even has its own small town of static caravans to house them in.
But they will end up on the black underground labour market, slaving away in some car wash or takeaway business.
The uk govt is powerless to deport them also. All this talk from PP about sending them back to the last euro country they came from is poppy cock . There is no way the french will take them back.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on August 15, 2021, 10:35:05 am by SydneyRover »
So where is all the money NR, 7th wealthiest country in the world? Food banks increased in number by 1200% since 2010, child welfare in real crisis, 2 million classed as poor, working poor, what's going on?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on August 15, 2021, 03:52:03 pm by Not Now Kato »

Please don’t mistake my comments as anti humanitarian. They are not intended that way. This is a crisis. We are not the land of milk and honey. We have our own issues in this country with poverty and homelessness. We don’t need it adding to.
As a suggestion, there is plenty of work in Lincolnshire for these people, instead of putting them in four star hotels in Kensington. Clements veg processing plant even has its own small town of static caravans to house them in.
But they will end up on the black underground labour market, slaving away in some car wash or takeaway business.
The uk govt is powerless to deport them also. All this talk from PP about sending them back to the last euro country they came from is poppy cock . There is no way the french will take them back.

You should stop reading the Daily Mail/Express/Sun/Telegraph, it isn't good for your mental well-being!

Of course your comments are anti-humanitarian, (though others on here have posted worse!), and you clearly don't understand the 'rules' about asylum seekers.  Asylum seekers are NOT put up in four star hotels in Kensington; and for the record, both Germany and France take more refugees than we do in the UK.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 04:54:52 pm by Not Now Kato »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on August 15, 2021, 04:06:35 pm by wilts rover »
I have pointed it out several times Kato, but some people just don't care about the difference, and legal status, between asylum seekers and economic migrants.

It's not becaus they don't know. It's because they dont care, All they want is the opportunity to be cruel to foreigners.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on August 15, 2021, 08:33:28 pm by normal rules »
You have no idea what I do for a living. I work closely with immigration enforcement as part of a partner agency strategy. The uk govt makes no disparity between economic migrants and asylum seekers. They are either illegal entrants or not. It’s that simple.
I read no daily rag. I base my comments on real life experience.
I have personally been involved in extraditions within the schengen  area pre covid.
The uk is not the place for tens of thousands of migrants to settle.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on August 15, 2021, 11:32:16 pm by tyke1962 »
You have no idea what I do for a living. I work closely with immigration enforcement as part of a partner agency strategy. The uk govt makes no disparity between economic migrants and asylum seekers. They are either illegal entrants or not. It’s that simple.
I have personally been involved in extraditions within the schengen  area pre covid.

On the ground experience seems to escape the lefty experts on here .

But fair play for trying .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on August 15, 2021, 11:47:03 pm by SydneyRover »

Tyke he also I think told us he was in the army

''Non Taliban leave afghan.
Then carpet bomb every f**king square kilometre. Twice over''

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on August 16, 2021, 01:10:31 am by tyke1962 »

Sydney I'm for everyone having a fair crack in this world .

Reality doesn't exactly fit that narrative .

I've had more lessons from Billy and co on reality with regards to the this and that on this board that you can shake a fecking stick at .

Life ain't fair , twas ever thus .

Absolutely ain't no way you will sell illegal crossings of the English channel as some kind of humanitarian crisis  that's going to strike a chord with enough of the  electorate .

This is planet reality .

I've a heart and I'm a socialist at heart but I ain't a mug and clearly that's the issue here .

This is a country with wealth except you fail to understand it's not shared enough within its population to any significant extent .

Expecting people to be sympathetic towards illegal migrants is at best flawed and naive for those who are struggling themselves .

The Tories have you played all day long but many of you continue down the path that gives them the ammunition they need to get elected .

Your as much as the problem as anybody .

Who gives a feck about cruel to foreigners when our own low paid have it hard .

Get fecking real please .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on August 16, 2021, 01:37:10 am by SydneyRover »

Sydney I'm for everyone having a fair crack in this world .

Reality doesn't exactly fit that narrative .

I've had more lessons from Billy and co on reality with regards to the this and that on this board that you can shake a fecking stick at .

Life ain't fair , twas ever thus .

Absolutely ain't no way you will sell illegal crossings of the English channel as some kind of humanitarian crisis  that's going to strike a chord with enough of the  electorate .

This is planet reality .

I've a heart and I'm a socialist at heart but I ain't a mug and clearly that's the issue here .

This is a country with wealth except you fail to understand it's not shared enough within its population to any significant extent .

Expecting people to be sympathetic towards illegal migrants is at best flawed and naive for those who are struggling themselves .

The Tories have you played all day long but many of you continue down the path that gives them the ammunition they need to get elected .

Your as much as the problem as anybody .

Who gives a feck about cruel to foreigners when our own low paid have it hard .

Get fecking real please .

Apologies Tyke, when you can point to me ever supporting tories directly or indirectly by voting for another team or not voting at all then you may have a point.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on August 16, 2021, 08:39:32 am by Not Now Kato »
You have no idea what I do for a living. I work closely with immigration enforcement as part of a partner agency strategy. The uk govt makes no disparity between economic migrants and asylum seekers. They are either illegal entrants or not. It’s that simple. R

Quite frankly, I don't care what you say you do, but whatever it is you clearly don't know or understand the rules regarding asylum seekers. You appear not to be alone in this lack of understanding.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on August 29, 2021, 07:54:48 pm by normal rules »
There should be an Olympic sport for migrant channel crossing. Broke again yesterday.800 made the trip.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012