Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:19:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bet Bogle plays Sat  (Read 5708 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Bet Bogle plays Sat
« Reply #60 on December 06, 2021, 12:58:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Your obsession with how you think I think is leading you astray yet again BB.

My point is that there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that Bogle and Williams have been a bad influence at the club. Yet several people on here have jumped to the conclusion that they must have been, in order to explain Wellens's decision.

Regarding Wellens, I wanted him to succeed from the off, as of course I want every Rovers manager to succeed. But I had doubts about his suitability as should anyone who remembered him refusing to play for the club at the end of his time here. The way he spun that in his interview with Hoden about the Bogle situation set massive alarm bells ringing for me. He put himself forward as a decent old pro who had reached the end of the line and made the right decision for all concerned by leaving. He didn't mention the fact that a few weeks earlier, he had refused to play for the club, leading as straight a pro as Rob Jones to say that it was up to Wellens to decide if he wanted to play for the club, and to prove himself a positive influence. That was disingenuous at best and it did leave me massively questioning Wellens's credibility.

As I say, I very much wanted him to be a resounding success. (Shouldn't really need to say that of course, but the way this place is these days...) But he wasn't. And given how things have planned out, I won't hide the fact I'm relieved he's gone and we can start afresh.

Finally, I have no axe to grind for Bogle. He's a poor player. He just happens to be better than the alternatives that Wellens signed. As ever, I want the best for the Rovers, and I don't see how we are getting the best by playing kids who are several levels below the standard required, while excluding a player who, however limited, is better than them.

Clear enough for you now?

BST, anyone who suggested Bogle and Williams was a bad influence would surely have considered how daft it would have been to put such players with the youngsters. As I understand it with the information I've read, is that Bogle was put in with the youngsters because he didn't follow playing instructions. Maybe he wasn't capable of following them, I don't know, but I came to the conclusion he was removed from the first-team squad because he was detrimental to its progress.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 06, 2021, 01:00:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
This forum is becoming as toxic as everything else at the Club, it seems to me.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 06, 2021, 01:07:10 pm by normal rules »
AS.
I try to get involved in balanced discussion on here. But you are right, there are some long standing toxic relationships on here that degenerate almost every discussion to its base political level. With personal insults thrown in for good measure too.

Left v right
Brexit v remain
Vax v non vax
Tory v Labour.

There are possibly a dozen or so who should break off and form their own personal online battleground.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 06, 2021, 01:19:27 pm by Jonathan »
Bogle and Wellens may well have had a fall out but now RW has gone there is a clean slate for OB and if he wants to, he can try to resurrect his career.
For his and our sake, I hope he pulls it off.

This. It really is all that needs to be said on the matter.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 06, 2021, 01:28:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Bogle and Wellens may well have had a fall out but now RW has gone there is a clean slate for OB and if he wants to, he can try to resurrect his career.
For his and our sake, I hope he pulls it off.

This. It really is all that needs to be said on the matter.
I am all for that. We need all bodies available. It’s a siege mentality that is needed. The team spirit needs to be spot on with the entire playing staff singing from the hymn sheet.
Bogle and Williams have the opportunity to prove most of us wrong. It’s up to them now, or they will be back playing in non league.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 06, 2021, 01:44:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
They were obviously sidelined to (in RWs mind) increase the chances of them leaving in January thus freeing up funds. I’m pretty sure he never said they were bad influences.

Again, I personally never said that Wellens said they were bad influences. I said people in HERE said they were.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 06, 2021, 01:46:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

My point is that there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that Bogle and Williams have been a bad influence at the club. Yet several people on here have jumped to the conclusion that they must have been, in order to explain Wellens's decision.

Regarding Wellens, I wanted him to succeed from the off, as of course I want every Rovers manager to succeed. But I had doubts about his suitability as should anyone who remembered him refusing to play for the club at the end of his time here. The way he spun that in his interview with Hoden about the Bogle situation set massive alarm bells ringing for me. He put himself forward as a decent old pro who had reached the end of the line and made the right decision for all concerned by leaving. He didn't mention the fact that a few weeks earlier, he had refused to play for the club, leading as straight a pro as Rob Jones to say that it was up to Wellens to decide if he wanted to play for the club, and to prove himself a positive influence. That was disingenuous at best and it did leave me massively questioning Wellens's credibility.

As I say, I very much wanted him to be a resounding success. (Shouldn't really need to say that of course, but the way this place is these days...) But he wasn't. And given how things have planned out, I won't hide the fact I'm relieved he's gone and we can start afresh.

Finally, I have no axe to grind for Bogle. He's a poor player. He just happens to be better than the alternatives that Wellens signed. As ever, I want the best for the Rovers, and I don't see how we are getting the best by playing kids who are several levels below the standard required, while excluding a player who, however limited, is better than them.

BST, anyone who suggested Bogle and Williams was a bad influence would surely have considered how daft it would have been to put such players with the youngsters. As I understand it with the information I've read, is that Bogle was put in with the youngsters because he didn't follow playing instructions. Maybe he wasn't capable of following them, I don't know, but I came to the conclusion he was removed from the first-team squad because he was detrimental to its progress.

BB. That's fine. You're perfectly at liberty to come to whatever conclusion you wish. My point was that SOME people in here (not you) had been assuming the two were bad influences. And according to McSheffrey, they haven't been.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 06, 2021, 02:05:46 pm by RugbyRover »
I think its perfectly possible for someone to be a bad influence in one group and not in another. Different circumstances cause people to behave differently.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 06, 2021, 02:06:15 pm by Jonathan »
I’ll be honest I don’t remember people claiming they were bad influences either, but it’s obviously struck a chord somewhere so maybe best to find examples / name who it was to nip this in the bud.

For my part, I remember criticising Bogle’s social media content where he appeared to be making light of his ‘exile’ and the club that pays his wages. And I certainly backed the manager over two players that have produced almost nothing for us in their careers to date.

However the manager is gone now, and if the new manager wants to bring them back into fold then he (and by default they) will get my support.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 06, 2021, 02:10:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BB. That's fine. You're perfectly at liberty to come to whatever conclusion you wish. My point was that SOME people in here (not you) had been assuming the two were bad influences. And according to McSheffrey, they haven't been.
BST, perhaps there has been a misunderstanding here and I've misinterpreted your point. If so, I apologise.

Maybe I trusted the board too much regarding Wellens' appointment because if all the negativity about him is true then they have a hell of a lot to answer for in their decision to give him the job.

With that in mind, how can we trust them to make correct decisions in future?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 06, 2021, 02:21:49 pm by roversdude »
BB don’t beat yourself up about it he came across brilliantly in interviews and sold himself really well. I’ve set people on after a solid interview and references only for them to not get beyond their parole period.
I was totally onboard with the appointment and how he dealt with OB (not so much with Ed Williams) and backed him right up to the Burton game.
I can see there was probably more to the Bogle situation than met the eye

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 06, 2021, 02:25:00 pm by RugbyRover »
I’ll be honest I don’t remember people claiming they were bad influences either, but it’s obviously struck a chord somewhere so maybe best to find examples / name who it was to nip this in the bud.

For my part, I remember criticising Bogle’s social media content where he appeared to be making light of his ‘exile’ and the club that pays his wages. And I certainly backed the manager over two players that have produced almost nothing for us in their careers to date.

However the manager is gone now, and if the new manager wants to bring them back into fold then he (and by default they) will get my support.

I posted something that said Bogle was a bad apple. Still stand by it. Like I just said someone can be an absolute shite stirrer in one group and nice as pie in another.....

Also I'm not really bothered what McSheffery says. I'd be more interested in what Tommy Rowe thinks. He's likely to be around the first team group a lot longer.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 02:29:11 pm by RugbyRover »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 06, 2021, 06:36:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Confirmed on football heaven both players will be part of tomorrow's squad.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 06, 2021, 06:47:37 pm by steve@dcfd »
Under three managers Williams as never got a start. So let’s see he can get a start now while he’s here.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on December 06, 2021, 06:47:49 pm by roversdude »
Beggars can’t be choosers

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 06, 2021, 07:00:50 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Under three managers Williams as never got a start. So let’s see he can get a start now while he’s here.

Probably both be on the bench due to match fitness

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 06, 2021, 09:09:27 pm by elmsallrover »
And what will be the reaction of the fans if bogle misses a sitter

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 06, 2021, 09:24:31 pm by Jonathan »
And what will be the reaction of the fans if bogle misses a sitter

Astonishment that we created a clear cut chance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on December 06, 2021, 11:04:58 pm by dickos1 »
Managers don’t fancy players all the time and then new managers do fancy them.
Way people are talking on here you’d think it had never happened before

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 07, 2021, 07:26:21 am by normal rules »
I wonder if Gary mc is mates with RW.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 07, 2021, 07:41:21 am by DonnyOsmond »
Think McSheffrey just wants to leave the next manager as many options as possible and if they want rid of Bogle then that's their choice but at least he's available if they want.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012