Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:13:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blood boiling  (Read 3340 times)

bigallan

• Forum Member
Blood boiling
« on May 08, 2024, 01:28:48 pm by bigallan »
Makes my blood boil when everyone comes out of the cracks when we're doing great and on the verge of greatness eco full to rafters on Friday and come next season there gone

Be proud and support the rovers full time not part time !!!!!

RANT OVER

RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Blood boiling
« Reply #1 on May 08, 2024, 01:33:27 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Makes my blood boil when everyone comes out of the cracks when we're doing great and on the verge of greatness eco full to rafters on Friday and come next season there gone

RANT OVER

RTID

There are plenty of reasons why people can’t go all the time as frustrating as that might be, so celebrate the fact we’ve filled the stadium rather than have a go, I mean that kind of attitude is bound to make people feel welcome isn’t it?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 08, 2024, 01:45:11 pm by pib »
I understand the sentiment. Such is life, unfortunately.

Is it annoying? Yes. Would I rather we had 6500 there on Friday? No.

Let's hope this is a sign that people are engaging again. As has been discussed on the other thread, we only had 11,100 against Charlton in the L1 play-offs in 2019, 4000 of which were Charlton fans. Hard to put your finger on why this campaign has captured the imagination more than that one, let's hope we can put on a performance and convert some of these floating fans into regulars.

LakesideOwl

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 08, 2024, 01:50:42 pm by LakesideOwl »
Well this club has managed to capture a Wednesday fan and made him part with his money for a ST next season! I've been hypnotized!  :lol:

League One or League Two - Bring it on!  :scarf:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 08, 2024, 01:56:59 pm by idler »
Well this club has managed to capture a Wednesday fan and made him part with his money for a ST next season! I've been hypnotized!  :lol:

League One or League Two - Bring it on!  :scarf:
Welcome aboard, I hope that you enjoy the ride.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 08, 2024, 01:58:38 pm by Barmby Rover »
I haven't paid to get to a single game this season, or last. I can't afford to use that much money on diesel never mind the cost of tickets. I have been twice on a freebie from a friend, one of which was the Morecombe game. I have won money from the bookies over the season, that pays for two tickets to the Crewe game and a trip to Wembley (as long as Rovers win, I am confident). I listen to every game through ifollow, am I not allowed to support Rovers bigallan?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 08, 2024, 02:01:16 pm by mushRTID »
Really weird thread and weird attitude to have.

Im absolutely buzzing to experience it full again.

Weird.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 08, 2024, 02:03:14 pm by DRFC_AjA »
Don't think he's having a go at those who want to watch Rovers but can't. Rather those that could but would rather spend 3pm watching some annoying YouTuber watch a game or fake some fake passion for MU or Liverpool. Those who think buying every replica citeh or MU shirt makes you more of a fan. Get behind your local team.....and not jist when they're in the playoffs..  means more and matters more  :scarf:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2024, 02:05:00 pm by normal rules »
Rant or not going to the footy regularly is a life choice. And a reasonably hefty financial commitment to boot. Plenty of other things to distract people’s attentions and avert their wallets. I welcome all and any support to drfc.   

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 08, 2024, 02:06:29 pm by Fal »
Can someone tell Margaret that her husband Big Allan needs reeling back in….

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 08, 2024, 02:32:43 pm by ReadingViking »
I should imagine that most exiles with the ability and means to get there on Friday will be there (me and my lad included), I can't do every game for financial and work reasons, but I've done 8 home games this season ( with a 5 game flexi-membership) -  I guess they'll be southern based exiles that have done similar numbers - its just that usually we wont be at the same game. Can not wait to see the ground full again - excited and bricking it in equal measure.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 08, 2024, 02:33:02 pm by ravenrover »
Ah but a true fan.............

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 08, 2024, 02:34:21 pm by Metalmicky »
What an attention seeking hissy fit of a post... sort your life out fella..

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 08, 2024, 02:35:25 pm by ravenrover »
Whoooooosh!
You have never read my posts on this subject!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 08, 2024, 02:37:24 pm by normal rules »
I won’t be there.my dad and brother will be though. i was lucky enough to be at Crewe. I could have made it, but it clashes with something else I had planned this weekend. And I can’t do both. I hope it’s a great occasion. I thoroughly enjoyed Crewe. A proper footy day out. Who imagined we would be in the playoffs ? And I’ll be needing to look after the pennies for W also if all
Goes to plan. 

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 08, 2024, 02:49:03 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Not a fan of this attitude tbh. Next it’ll be cancelled those school/junior club tickets and kids for a quid because they are glory supporters!!

Every team has way more fans than can or would ever attend most games it’s normal and doesn’t mean they aren’t legitimate supporters. All should be welcomed and if the its half as good as the last home game a decent number will stick around.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 08, 2024, 03:06:26 pm by Rovers91 »
Calm down littleallan

DonnyAps

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 08, 2024, 03:20:43 pm by DonnyAps »
Up to 3 years ago I was a season ticket holder of more years I can remember going back to Belle Vue, travelling from Hertfordshire even on Tuesday nights. Stayed to the end of the 8 -0 drubbing bu Bournemouth, soaked to the skin at the Withdean at Brighton, frozen at Oldham etc etc etc.
But due to work and other circumstances I’ve not attended a match for 3 years.
Am I a plastic fan, far from it, it’s just circumstances and situations change.
Will I be there on Friday, yes but not physically.
If we should progress will I be at Wembley, course I will.
Rovers are my team and always will be, the fact I can’t get at the moment is irrelevant.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 08, 2024, 03:26:20 pm by Northants Nomad »
Whoooooosh!
You have never read my posts on this subject!

If that was aimed at Metalmicky in the post above yours, I think he was referring to the original poster. I concur, the OP does need to get some help if this really makes his blood boil!

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 08, 2024, 03:30:38 pm by philsky »
Isn't that just how it works across most clubs.

You do well and people want to be a part of it and less so when what's dished up is no good.

Id love to get to more matches but living in Hertfordshire and Andy in Cambridgeshire makes it hard to coordinate and justify financially at times.

Doesn't make us any less of a fan

old lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 08, 2024, 03:34:59 pm by old lad »

RANT OVER

RTID

Would you be happy if only 6000 turned up from Donny tonight then?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 08, 2024, 03:35:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It would only annoy me slightly if we didn't capture more of those who drifted away over the last few seasons, even if it's another 10 to 15% on more recent average attendances etc.

Of course, what we're fortunate to be witnessing is the final chapter of a wonderful story...for which we hope there's a few sequels.

Definitely surpassed what I hoped for plus it's a rare thing the stadium being sold out days in advance of the match. Would also echo the praise for the ticket office staff, working those long hours recently, plus having the RL semi final to contend with too.

Always proud to be a Rover and even more so now.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 08, 2024, 03:43:33 pm by turnbull for england »
End of day for many people it's not life or death it's entertainment. It's a reasonably expensive hobby if youre not died in the wool keen and has not represented vfm for the casual visitor in comparison to the mass of other choices out there for a few years in fairness. 

You can even watch every game at home now if you so wish . We know that it's the bad that makes the good even sweeter, but in a Man City era it's easy to why a night in front of tele watching de bruyne outstrips a dismal 2-0 loss on a cold wet sat aft. This could be the start of a lifetime supporting Rovers, or just a nice day out - but we are filling the place for the first time in years, short of cloning the die hards how else are we going to do it . No one who comes regularly has been disadvantaged tickets wise by a first timer so why worry

old lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 08, 2024, 03:48:13 pm by old lad »
That is the problem with forums. There are always some numpties that think everyone is in the same situation as them. I have barely got enough time in my life as it is.
You spout on about let’s fill the stadium. Get it rockin. So people make an effort. Bring family and friends that haven’t really got much of an interest to help get bums on seats. To have morons spouting LOOK AT ME I GO TO RVERY MATCH. WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
Blah Blah Blah

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 08, 2024, 04:05:54 pm by Bills view »
We have filled the stadium and probably could have done a few thousand more. It shows the scope of the club given the support that is out there.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 08, 2024, 04:06:21 pm by Filo »

RANT OVER

RTID

Would you be happy if only 6000 turned up from Donny tonight then?
Thats dedication 6k in the queue, 48 hours from kick off lol!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 08, 2024, 04:18:39 pm by pib »
We have filled the stadium and probably could have done a few thousand more. It shows the scope of the club given the support that is out there.

It's good to show GM and current/future player targets the potential is there. It might factor into their thinking if approaches are made from other clubs.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 08, 2024, 04:25:10 pm by Mike_F »
I can never get my head around the attitude of the OP.

As a Rovers fan I want as many people as possible to get down and support the club financially and vocally.

Of course I want to see them back every week and hopefully we'll do enough on Friday night to make some of the occasional fans consider a season ticket. The last few years have been awful and it's felt like a duty going to watch the Rovers. I can't blame anyone who has decided not to bother but we've done something quite remarkable since January and the more people caught up in the surge of positivity the better!

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 08, 2024, 04:51:47 pm by RoversInSpain »
It’s fabulous we’ve got a full house on Friday. I won’t be there, but I’ve watched every league match in the last 3 seasons on IFollow, it’s been tough.
My only live match this season was Notts County away.
Spain to Newquay to Nottingham to Newquay to Spain (took my youngest who’s also a huge fan), he will be there Friday with his girlfriend who’s never been to Rovers. How can that make anyone’s blood boil.
I have two other son’s who used to be season ticket holders, they can’t be there as they now live in Sydney.
Everyone has different circumstances, but one things for sure me and my 3 lads are ‘real’ fans.
Even though only one of us will be ‘there’ in person. The rest of us will be screaming at a TV screen.
As for the Wednesday fans coming along to support, I think that’s the biggest compliment we could ever have- Brilliant!

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 08, 2024, 05:03:09 pm by Pside »
Bizarre post. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012