Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:51:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Absolute disgrace  (Read 4237 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Absolute disgrace
« on April 10, 2021, 05:02:36 pm by scawsby steve »
Our team has become an absolute f*cking disgrace.

When will someone at the club do something about it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
Re: Absolute disgrace
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2021, 05:08:39 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
As the co-commentator said on Ifollow more than once “just not good enough”. No one could argue with that. On fight, no passion clearly the loan players heads have gone since Moore left.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2021, 05:10:03 pm by drfchound »
It is time for the owners to stop being nice people.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2021, 05:12:37 pm by LincolnDonny »
looked like it was us down for relegation to me .....the body language on all the players told a massive tale .........WHY IS WRIGHT ON THE BLOODY WING ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2021, 05:13:08 pm by silent majority »

Who said we're nice?

I dont think anybody's accused DB of being 'nice'.

And I certainly wouldn't want to cross TB.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2021, 05:13:43 pm by mjg »
Some our players have the concentration span of a goldfish

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2021, 05:14:00 pm by anton123 »
Stop blaming it solely on the loan players as well it’s a cop out as smith was the only player on the pitch who put his body on the line for the club as he does most games

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2021, 05:15:07 pm by Filo »
Some our players have the concentration span of a goldfish

Thats not fair on the humble goldfish

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2021, 05:15:33 pm by Chris Black come back »

Who said we're nice?

They are a sensible bunch so am sure they will take the right course of action. We must though get moving on this now so we have someone in place come May.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2021, 05:18:20 pm by drfchound »

Who said we're nice?

Martin. i know TB and he is a gentleman.
I was alluding to the fact that we are against approaching managers at other clubs because "we don't do that".
We should be doing it if we think it will improve our circumstances.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2021, 05:20:08 pm by since-1969 »
Sensible bunch ? These the same bunch who sold Whiteman brought in Bostock & Bogle . Promoted the girls team manager to position he wasn’t qualified for  , allowed him to stop playing when he was ever present in the team and they still required his services to help out !! Sensible don’t make me puke

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2021, 05:47:08 pm by Donnywolf »
Team for Tuesday

Bentley Bullet {nowt will get past him - though summat may go over his head]

Raithy [no winger will get round him] Easy for denis [out of position] Champagne SR [Capt] Filo [see Raithy]
                 BST [talks a good game  ;) ] SM [Midfield organiser] Donnywolf [always out of left field]
               Selby [right winger]                     Drfchound [pacey CF]     Notnowkato [left winger]

1-4 again but heigh ho
[/left][/right]

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2021, 06:09:34 pm by Not Now Kato »

Who said we're nice?

In that case, he should get his arse down to Cantley Park and prove it!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2021, 07:05:55 pm by silent majority »

Who said we're nice?

I was alluding to the fact that we are against approaching managers at other clubs because "we don't do that".

No we shouldn't.

Its not us, and in this game you'd be surprised at just how we can achieve things because we are so well respected. Players want to come here, clubs want their players to come here, managers want to come here, the list is endless. You'd be surprised how many intangible benefits that having a great reputation gives you, from dealings with the FA, EFL etc.

You want a club to be successful, sure we all do, but it can be done without being ruthless. We've had Hull and SWFC nick managers of us in recent seasons, jut look at their reputations and tell me that you'd be happy being a supporter of those clubs? You can't pick and choose the ruthless bits, and then be annoyed when they drive up ticket prices like they do, cancel concessions like Hull did, and then sell the stadium form under your feet like SWFC did. No, all that comes in a package.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2021, 07:12:28 pm by RoversAlias »
Hull are top of the league and 8 points clear of 3rd. Yes, they shouldn't have gone down last season but right now poaching a manager from us is working out for them.

Having a blanket policy of not ever approaching managers in work is bizarre. It limits our pool of potential managers severely, and it hasn't exactly led us back to the Championship since we adopted said policy, has it?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2021, 07:15:40 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Does not going for a manager in work mean exclusively head hunting or would it rule out any in work managers who apply for the job and are interviewed being offered the post?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2021, 07:17:25 pm by normal rules »
Hull are top of the league and 8 points clear of 3rd. Yes, they shouldn't have gone down last season but right now poaching a manager from us is working out for them.

Having a blanket policy of not ever approaching managers in work is bizarre. It limits our pool of potential managers severely, and it hasn't exactly led us back to the Championship since we adopted said policy, has it?

And conversely, Wednesday have poached DM and it has done them no favours at all. DM has not exactly bathed himself in glory either,  and I for one will be at the km next season to let him know exactly how I feel.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2021, 07:17:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Nothing saying that the in work managers don't approach us though :)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2021, 07:19:25 pm by silent majority »
Does not going for a manager in work mean exclusively head hunting or would it rule out any in work managers who apply for the job and are interviewed being offered the post?

That's right DO, we're not against interviewing Managers who are already working, but we're not going to be tapping up.

I should have made that clearer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2021, 07:21:16 pm by drfchound »
I think I am right though in saying that if we approached a club and asked to speak to their manager.....that isn’t tapping the manager up.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 10, 2021, 07:22:12 pm by silent majority »

And conversely, Wednesday have poached DM and it has done them no favours at all. DM has not exactly bathed himself in glory either,  and I for one will be at the km next season to let him know exactly how I feel.

Didn't work for Wolves either when they poached Dean Saunders, so its hardly a strategy that's guaranteed to work.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2021, 07:23:27 pm by godlike1 »

Who said we're nice?

No we shouldn't.

Its not us, and in this game you'd be surprised at just how we can achieve things because we are so well respected. Players want to come here, clubs want their players to come here, managers want to come here, the list is endless. You'd be surprised how many intangible benefits that having a great reputation gives you, from dealings with the FA, EFL etc.

You want a club to be successful, sure we all do, but it can be done without being ruthless. We've had Hull and SWFC nick managers of us in recent seasons, jut look at their reputations and tell me that you'd be happy being a supporter of those clubs? You can't pick and choose the ruthless bits, and then be annoyed when they drive up ticket prices like they do, cancel concessions like Hull did, and then sell the stadium form under your feet like SWFC did. No, all that comes in a package.

Sorry sm I just can't see how approaching another club for their manager is seen as something that could create a bad reputation for the club.

Have you never heard of talent spotting? There is no reason why drfc cannot approach a manager if they think he is good enough and fits the CD approach.

The application process yes has worked OK the last few managers but we are mid to end of season and someone needs to be seen to keep pushing tge club and players forward. It's clearly just not happening at the min.

It's just nieve talk and that is what is screaming out of the club once again is we don't know what we're doing!!!!!.

Yes they are business men. No they are not football men not even GB.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 10, 2021, 07:31:06 pm by ditch_drfc »

Who said we're nice?

No we shouldn't.

Look at what you're writing, it's laughable. Somehow poaching a manager would lead to selling the stadium from under your feet. Come off it. You're defending the indefensible! All that supposed good will and great reputation isn't helping us so much now.

It's obvious we need a new manager, get the bloody ball rolling and stop messing around wasting time. We're in real danger of writing off next season already.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2021, 07:51:08 pm by GazLaz »

Who said we're nice?

No we shouldn't.

Sorry sm I just can't see how approaching another club for their manager is seen as something that could create a bad reputation for the club.

Have you never heard of talent spotting? There is no reason why drfc cannot approach a manager if they think he is good enough and fits the CD approach.

The application process yes has worked OK the last few managers but we are mid to end of season and someone needs to be seen to keep pushing tge club and players forward. It's clearly just not happening at the min.

It's just nieve talk and that is what is screaming out of the club once again is we don't know what we're doing!!!!!.

Yes they are business men. No they are not football men not even GB.

Paying compensation obviously isn’t an option.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2021, 07:56:33 pm by MachoMadness »
SMs made clear now that he meant we won't use back channels to tap up a manager, not that we won't approach clubs through the proper channels if necessary. I think that's fair enough. I don't think there's a soul on here who doesn't realise DMs head was turned by the Wednesday job long before he took it. We all know it happens, there are ways of doing things.

Unless there's a blanket ban on approaching in-work managers I don't have a problem with that approach.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2021, 09:24:40 pm by RedRover »

Careful what you wish for. They might stop putting their money in and start listening to offers.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2021, 09:34:16 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The biggest most well respected clubs in the country rarely appoint a manager who isn’t currently been successful which means head hunting. We are desperate for them to loan us players. Do they really care that we appoint managers from another club? Not sure on that one personally

If we don’t want to approach clubs that’s fine seems weird but can’t see it helping our standing in the game. Fair enough tapping up of agents isn’t right I get that but it’s not illegal to approach an in work manager the same as it’s ok to make an offer for a under contract player 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2021, 10:16:28 pm by dickos1 »
SMs made clear now that he meant we won't use back channels to tap up a manager, not that we won't approach clubs through the proper channels if necessary. I think that's fair enough. I don't think there's a soul on here who doesn't realise DMs head was turned by the Wednesday job long before he took it. We all know it happens, there are ways of doing things.

Unless there's a blanket ban on approaching in-work managers I don't have a problem with that approach.

I’m not sure that’s what he meant,
I believe he means if a manager applies who is at another club we will interview him, but we won’t approach a club and ask to speak to their manager

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2021, 10:43:41 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Well I support SM on this one. Let’s just say we “ for once” try to illegally approach a manager. What next, pay ridiculous transfer fees & wages. Let’s get the club into severe financial debt in the forlorn hope of getting to the PL? No, no & no. Of course I’d love to win the vast majority of our games & win the league,but let’s do it right. I’m sure in the background the board will already be thinking ahead to next season & who the manager will be, along with a budget and expectations.
Remember DM ?, he knew his salary, the budget and expectations and he was slaughtered by many ( myself included) for not “ doing things properly”. Our club tries to do things properly & I support that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2021, 10:45:13 pm by GazLaz »
Well I support SM on this one. Let’s just say we “ for once” try to illegally approach a manager. What next, pay ridiculous transfer fees & wages. Let’s get the club into severe financial debt in the forlorn hope of getting to the PL? No, no & no. Of course I’d love to win the vast majority of our games & win the league,but let’s do it right. I’m sure in the background the board will already be thinking ahead to next season & who the manager will be, along with a budget and expectations.
Remember DM ?, he knew his salary, the budget and expectations and he was slaughtered by many ( myself included) for not “ doing things properly”. Our club tries to do things properly & I support that.

Why would it have to be illegal? You can approach clubs to speak to their manager. It’s not outlawed!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012