Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:31:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Investment  (Read 13220 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Investment
« Reply #60 on July 26, 2013, 06:26:09 pm by Filo »
We`ve got to face facts, JR, TB and DW are not getting any younger, at some point in the future whether we like it or not, some one else will be in charge, do we wait while that time comes and take pot luck on who takes over or do the current owners look now and ensure the club is left in good hands? It`s a difficult one, but we have to trust the judgement of the current owners on whether this investment is good for the long term benefit of the club or not, all we can hope is they get this decision right

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 26, 2013, 06:43:36 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
I've said it before, I believe JR's ambition from day one was to get them to the prem and then find a buyer! But since the lower leagues were changed an rebranded (one of the best most succsessful rebrandings of any British enterprises I can think of) JR and co can no longer compete financially in the championship, which has lead him to seek out other options to make sure he sees them compete and play in the prem in his life time! And I think it will be a takeover on some level (jr to stay on as a figure head at most) just a fans opinion

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 26, 2013, 06:51:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What baffles me Filo, is when folk who claim to care passionately about our club, just don't do a bit of background reading of the information that's available via this site to educate themselves about what the VSC is all about.

I just think paying £1 a month it's an easy way of showing a commitment that helps safeguard the club. As you say, many are old enough and wise enough to know things can go awfully wrong and if we do not have the right representation and stake, we could be in deep doo doo.

Thankfully we currently have enough to be effective but, we could be more effective with more people on board to help us work in partnership with whomever is in charge. I keep looking at the Swansea example and what they have achieved in recent times.

It seems some folk get confused about what that £1 represents. It's nothing to do with participating on a forum!

It's a very small investment that means so much more.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 26, 2013, 06:55:27 pm by Filo »
What baffles me Filo, is when folk who claim to care passionately about our club, just don't do a bit of background reading of the information that's available via this site to educate themselves about what the VSC is all about.

I just think paying £1 a month it's an easy way of showing a commitment that helps safeguard the club. As you say, many are old enough and wise enough to know things can go awfully wrong and if we do not have the right representation and stake, we could be in deep doo doo.

Thankfully we currently have enough to be effective but, we could be more effective with more people on board to help us work in partnership with whomever is in charge. I keep looking at the Swansea example and what they have achieved in recent times.

It seems some folk get confused about what that £1 represents. It's nothing to do with participating on a forum!

It's a very small investment that means so much more.

If ever there was a time to really understand what role the VSC players, it`s probably now, and as you say £1 a month is hardly bank breaking is it?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 26, 2013, 07:00:49 pm by The L J Monk »

Or you could ask questions and read the answers.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 26, 2013, 07:18:43 pm by scaley back rover »
i think JR will hand over the club to someone he believes will have the best intrests of the club . Lets face it he built this club brick by brick from f*** all so why would he decide to hand his project over to someone else who would destroy it? to me that would make no sense.ike others on here i beleive he will have some kind of role to play at the club even if he was bought out fully. The money needed to take us to the next level is going to be difficult to find and as each season goes by will cost more. Maybe just maybe rhis could be a deal thst suits all concerned even the fans. JR and co sell to a company that will look after rovers, Our playing squad gets more investment and we progress as a football club on the field . I must admit though one of my concerns is will the good work of the IRWT project and such like carry on , however its just as likely this another good reason to buy our club and can be expanded further still. Time will tell as they say one things for sure JR and co wont make this decision lightly and whatever the outcome we should respect the descision made even though it may not be what every fan wants .

For me i would prefer no buyout as it means our club is safeguarded however i also understand the need for progression and that all things good and bad come to an end at some point
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:31:01 pm by scaley back rover »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 26, 2013, 07:24:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
We all trust JR but we also need some guarantees for ourselves. The VSC should be setting the potential new owners criteria for what they need to guarantee in order to get our support. We don't want any of the crap we have seen at clubs like Cardiff where the new owners changed the colour of the kits unilaterally. The damn cheek of anything like that. Who on earth are new owners to start dictating matters like that. We need guarantees NOW before any deal is concluded. 

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 26, 2013, 07:30:53 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Unfortunately the VSC will have no influence on the outcome.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding himself.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 26, 2013, 07:40:10 pm by scaley back rover »
i think that someone at the top of the VSC hierachy actually does but just cant say ( this is my gut feeling), notice how there has been no panic and the club have a good rappore with the VSC . If there was concerns then i am sure that they would have been put on here by certain members but i dont see any . Naturally everyone who supports our great club has concerns myself included . But its belief and only that and nothing else that makes me think whatever the outcome we will be alright.
On the cardiff shirts thing the owners got the red shirts in as they are seen as lucky in malaysia . These are Irish investors so the colour the would go for would be green , now on that basis i think we did ok in green last time we played.. In all seriousness CBCB i see your point and its a valid one in regard to owners doing what the f**k they want but hopefully we will as a club see the benefits

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 26, 2013, 07:50:00 pm by bobjimwilly »
i think that someone at the top of the VSC hierachy actually does but just cant say ( this is my gut feeling), notice how there has been no panic and the club have a good rappore with the VSC . If there was concerns then i am sure that they would have been put on here by certain members but i dont see any . Naturally everyone who supports our great club has concerns myself included . But its belief and only that and nothing else that makes me think whatever the outcome we will be alright.

:that:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 27, 2013, 02:24:11 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

It's these kind of comments that disturb me. 17 words in that statement and only 2 words have any meaning Influence and outcome

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 27, 2013, 07:48:18 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I thought 'kidding' wasn't bad either...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 27, 2013, 08:13:10 pm by River Don »

Perhaps not but I feel we should wait and find out what the deal is first before we get too concerned. I mean there is a chance it could be a good outcome.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 27, 2013, 08:28:20 pm by ravenrover »

Perhaps not but I feel we should wait and find out what the deal is first before we get too concerned. I mean there is a chance it could be a good outcome.
Exactly!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 27, 2013, 08:30:48 pm by silent majority »

Oh dear, somebody else who underestimates our position.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 08:33:25 pm by silent majority »

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 27, 2013, 09:56:21 pm by Lifelong supporter »

Are you seriously suggesting the VSC minority shareholding will hold sway in these talks?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on July 27, 2013, 09:59:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Are you seriously suggesting the VSC minority shareholding will hold sway in these talks?

Think of it this way, if you were to take over an organisation would you want the blessing of your biggest stakholders?

Small shareholding maybe, but the biggest stakeholder group by far, that is important.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 27, 2013, 10:05:06 pm by Wellred »

Think of it this way, if you were to take over an organisation would you want the blessing of your biggest stakholders?

Small shareholding maybe, but the biggest stakeholder group by far, that is important.
[/

Are you serious?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 27, 2013, 10:26:22 pm by colincramb »
My question is, if we get new investment and its substantial, how does that affect us with financial fair play? I will be honest in saying I don't know enough about it and how it actually works. Surely the players that are being branded about would put us outside these rules with out income stream?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 27, 2013, 11:12:09 pm by Lifelong supporter »

I agree, it would help.
But are you saying that the blessing has already been asked for...and given?

epworth red

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 27, 2013, 11:23:51 pm by epworth red »
JR is not back till Monday so chill till then guys !!!!!!!  :clapping: :laugh:

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 28, 2013, 12:25:18 am by Lifelong supporter »
JR was back on Thursday and was at the game today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012