Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:15:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Belle Vue Bar  (Read 5581 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: Belle Vue Bar
« Reply #30 on February 17, 2013, 10:14:53 pm by andysly »
After all the fuss, lets hope the lads give us something to cheer about and that there's a good few in the bar to have a crack and encourage the club to do this again if the situation arises.
Fair play to you lot travelling there on a week night, above and beyond the call of duty, hope it's worth it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 17, 2013, 10:36:52 pm by hoolahoop »
Tut it is then!

From someone that`s quick to criticise the club when they don`t try things, I would have thought you`d be the first through the doors at the BV bar putting money into the club coffers!

Why? It's hardly convenient for where I live. Plus, I don't like the place. That okay with you?

Could n`t give a shit where you watched it, it`s your hypocrisy that amazes me, you bang on about marketing and ticketing and how the club are not trying, and when the club does try something you decide to take your custom elsewhere.

I assume you live next door to the tut if the BV bar is not convenient regarding where you live, the tut and BV bar are barely a mile and a half apart!

Isn't about time your moderating status was removed? You seem to get off on slagging off other forum users for absolutely no reason, with no consequence.
I wasn't even aware the BV Bar was open until I saw this thread, so clearly they have done a fantastic marketing job as usual. Doesn't take away from the fact I don't like the place, and wouldn't choose to drink in there.

Frosty , Filo has only pointed out the major difference in what you call for i.e. increased marketing, merchandising etc. and the difference in your proposed actions.
Hardly a reason for him to be removed of his moderating duties is it ?
If we don't put the money in we can't expect the club to prosper and be able to market itself to the level which you would presumably want. If you put your profit through the tills of the Tut instead of the Belle Vue bar it is plainly............hypocritical . More than this it would surely be less enjoyable than spending 2/3 hours in the company of fellow supporters.  :headbang:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 17, 2013, 10:52:57 pm by MrFrost »
Tut it is then!

From someone that`s quick to criticise the club when they don`t try things, I would have thought you`d be the first through the doors at the BV bar putting money into the club coffers!

Why? It's hardly convenient for where I live. Plus, I don't like the place. That okay with you?

Could n`t give a shit where you watched it, it`s your hypocrisy that amazes me, you bang on about marketing and ticketing and how the club are not trying, and when the club does try something you decide to take your custom elsewhere.

I assume you live next door to the tut if the BV bar is not convenient regarding where you live, the tut and BV bar are barely a mile and a half apart!

Isn't about time your moderating status was removed? You seem to get off on slagging off other forum users for absolutely no reason, with no consequence.
I wasn't even aware the BV Bar was open until I saw this thread, so clearly they have done a fantastic marketing job as usual. Doesn't take away from the fact I don't like the place, and wouldn't choose to drink in there.

Frosty , Filo has only pointed out the major difference in what you call for i.e. increased marketing, merchandising etc. and the difference in your proposed actions.
If we don't put the money in we can't expect the club to prosper and be able to market itself to the level which you would presumably want. If you put your profit through the tills of the Tut instead of the Belle Vue bar it is plainly............hypocritical . More than this it would surely be less enjoyable than spending 2/3 hours in the company of fellow supporters.  :headbang:

If we take it to that extreme, every fan who buys food or drink from anywhere other than the stadium is a hypocrite.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 17, 2013, 11:03:26 pm by hoolahoop »
Tut it is then!

If we take it to that extreme, every fan who buys food or drink from anywhere other than the stadium is a hypocrite.

Whatever , this just happens to be a bit 'special' that's all and it's your choice should you want to sit in a pub full of oppo fans as well. As Filo said it's only 1 1/2 miles approx apart.
Btw it's not really a comparison you've decided given the option not to put the money into the club that's your perogative but please don't go on about the need for marketing/merchandising by the club again. Final words on this as I don't think this discussion merits any further attention from me anyway.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 18, 2013, 12:07:28 am by Filo »
Tut it is then!

You don`t half come out with some rubbish, I have n`t slagged you off, I stated that I could n`t give a shit where you watched the game, I`m just amazed at your hypocrisy. Watch it where you like, I don`t care!

No doubt I should be stripped of my moderating rights now I`ve made this post eh? are are there more dramatics to come from you?

Flog me now, I`m a moderator that`s dared to have an opinion!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 18, 2013, 12:16:22 am by MrFrost »
Tut it is then!

You don`t half come out with some rubbish, I have n`t slagged you off, I stated that I could n`t give a shit where you watched the game, I`m just amazed at your hypocrisy. Watch it where you like, I don`t care!

No doubt I should be stripped of my moderating rights now I`ve made this post eh? are are there more dramatics to come from you?

Flog me now, I`m a moderator that`s dared to have an opinion!

To be honest, I thought the club did this for televised Rovers games anyway, so was surprised it wasn't the norm. I had already made the choice to head to town with friends to watch the game. I don't see what is hypocritical about that. If I was on here last week moaning that the club weren't showing the game in the bar, maybe, but I haven't.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 18, 2013, 12:17:49 am by Filo »
Why are you even a moderator filo?

You reds

RedmanRufus, or is it Ketamine Ken or SouthstandStantheMan?

I`m not sure I know the answer to your question, is it a trick question?

Maybe when you`re back at school after half term you could get your teacher to help you construct something that consists of more than one line!

I`ve got your card marked Redman, beware!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 18, 2013, 10:10:13 am by BobG »
Christ! You better be careful RedmanRufus. That Filo - he's a real git! :):)

Cheers chaps

BobG

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 18, 2013, 12:41:00 pm by NickDRFC »
Although I don't think that anyone would begrudge Filo his opinion, I'm not sure getting into a slanging match with a fellow poster is a good reflection on somebody who moderates the site. Maybe would be better done in a private message?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 18, 2013, 01:07:30 pm by hoolahoop »
Although I don't think that anyone would begrudge Filo his opinion, I'm not sure getting into a slanging match with a fellow poster is a good reflection on somebody who moderates the site. Maybe would be better done in a private message?

Nick this is not a 'slanging match' Filo is entitled to his opinion and to state it whether he is a Moderator or not. Do I think he's gone over the top ?..........not one bit I agree entirely with him pointing out hypocritical statements from others like Frosty we all have to face these assertions from time to time including Filo and me. It's a forum ffs and why would you want to encourage some sort of 'tit for tat' by PM, now that is a recipe for disaster.
Both parties are stating their positions and I've just realised that I've been hypocritical bearing ion mind that I did state earlier in the thread that I wouldn't comment further on this thread !! :(
Filo and I have some differences but he is a damn good Moderator, why would you think otherwise.
Every member on here (regardless of status) is entitled to explain their position on any subject under discussion............we should all be big boys on here this is a forum.  :headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012