Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:50:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sammy Clingan  (Read 9469 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Sammy Clingan
« Reply #30 on December 27, 2012, 10:19:55 am by Norfolk N Chance »
strong words are linking clingan to signing for chesterfield

You mean some bloke ringing radio united saying it would be nice if Chesterfield could sign him and the presenter agreeing?

Made me laugh this!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 27, 2012, 10:57:40 am by The Red Baron »
Wonder if Sammy Clingan has got the same agent as Andy Watson or Theo Streete. "Don't worry lad, I can get you a better contract than this down the road..."  ;)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 27, 2012, 12:11:23 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Not that bothered personally. Didn't bring anything to the party we don't already have.
Would love to see RW come back on loan, but how match fit will he be? He hasn't played for ages. No point bringing someone in who can only play for 20 minutes for the first 6 weeks

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 27, 2012, 02:49:36 pm by RedJ »
RR you're talking b*llocks.

Once again, and I won't stop asking until you can do this - can you show me concrete evidence that we as a club are skint? Hmm? If we were skint do you genuinely believe we'd be employing the likes of Cotterill and Spurr? Or Coppinger next month? Or paying part of Hume's wages?

Do yoursen a favour lad, give it up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:51:46 pm by RedJ »

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 27, 2012, 05:05:50 pm by Spud »
He won't. But i love the way you're not letting go of the bone either :0)

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #35 on December 27, 2012, 05:34:52 pm by Rovin Reporter »

Once again, and I won't stop asking until you can do this - can you show me concrete evidence that we as a club are skint? Hmm? If we were skint do you genuinely believe we'd be employing the likes of Cotterill and Spurr? Or Coppinger next month? Or paying part of Hume's wages?

Its all Smoke & Mirrors You show me where we have spent anything , we get the chance to sign Sammy and WE CAN NOT afford him . Enough said ... For now .
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 05:39:20 pm by Rovin Reporter »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 27, 2012, 05:38:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You show me where we have spent anything , we get the chance to sign Sammy and WE CAN NOT afford him . Enough said ... For now .

Just because the club aren't prepared to pay silly money how does it automatically mean the club are skint, Sherlock?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #37 on December 27, 2012, 05:40:54 pm by Rovin Reporter »

You show me where we have spent anything , we get the chance to sign Sammy and WE CAN NOT afford him . Enough said ... For now .

Just because the club aren't prepared to pay silly money how does it automatically mean the club are skint, Sherlock?
Any money then Watson , will do .

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 27, 2012, 05:45:36 pm by Wellred »

What do you think we are paying these players with then RR?
Or maybe you think they would be happy to accept apples oranges or bananas?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 27, 2012, 06:01:18 pm by MachoMadness »
Didn't you hear? We can't afford Lionel Messi and Ronaldo. We're skint.

RR obviously has an agenda to peddle for whatever reason, I refuse to believe that anyone is so thick that they have to deal in absolutes all the time. If something's not black, then that doesn't necessarily mean it's white, now does it? Just because we're being careful with money and not throwing millions about does NOT in any way mean that we're skint. And if you'd like to explain how paying Championship level players like Spurr, Cotterill, Coppinger, Hume and so on is "smoke and mirrors" that we're somehow getting away with, I'm listening. We decided to let one player go to pursue other options. It's not a big deal. Every club does that. Even Chelsea and Man City occasionally miss out on players because they don't want to be held to ransom. Or are they potless, using smoke and mirrors to get by as well?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on December 27, 2012, 06:32:38 pm by RobTheRover »
The club now has a strict salary cap in place, a cap they have set at what is a very good league 1 salary for a player.  Some players (or more accurately their agents) either a) dont believe this, b) think they are worth more, or c) believe they can play a brinksmanship game and the club will cave in eventually.

Let me spell it out to you if you are a player agent with wares to be peddled - the club will give its best wages offer.  Take it, or take your player elsewhere.  The club wont be negotiating.  It cant.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 27, 2012, 06:38:07 pm by RedJ »
He won't. But i love the way you're not letting go of the bone either :0)
:lol: never one to give up, especially on such an easy target!

Firstly, I can barely comprehend what you're trying to say there.

Also, erm, there's still no ACTUAL evidence there - you're just ASSUMING - big word, I know, but try to stay with me - that we've got f**k all as Glyn points out as we're not spending big bucks.

Business management, my friend. You don't spend what you don't need to.

Now while you're busy cobbling together your incoherent nonsensical response to this, try and find me a link or a graph, or a bloody napkin signed by someone who'd ACTUALLY KNOW, that proves your.. er, assumption.

Thank you,

signed, RJ.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #42 on December 27, 2012, 06:38:36 pm by Rovin Reporter »
The club now has a strict salary cap in place, a cap they have set at what is a very good league 1 salary for a player.  Some players (or more accurately their agents) either a) dont believe this, b) think they are worth more, or c) believe they can play a brinksmanship game and the club will cave in eventuallyy.

Let me spell it out to you if you are a player agent with wares to be peddled - the club will give its best wages offer.  Take it, or take your player elsewhere.  The club wont be negotiating.  It cant.
"It can't " why so skint?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 27, 2012, 06:40:15 pm by The Red Baron »
Its all Smoke & Mirrors You show me where we have spent anything , we get the chance to sign Sammy and WE CAN NOT afford him . Enough said ... For now

Err- it's Sammy Clingan we didn't sign, not Lionel f**king Messi! There will be other fish in the sea. Blimey- how many games did the bloke start while he was with us? Is he that much of a loss?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #44 on December 27, 2012, 06:44:31 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Its all Smoke & Mirrors You show me where we have spent anything , we get the chance to sign Sammy and WE CAN NOT afford him . Enough said ... For now

Err- it's Sammy Clingan we didn't sign, not Lionel f**king Messi! There will be other fish in the sea. Blimey- how many games did the bloke start while he was with us? Is he that much of a loss?
Correct !

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 27, 2012, 06:47:29 pm by The Red Baron »
I think you've missed my point. I don't think Clingan is worth splashing out on. Nor do I think it means we're skint- just making good use of our resources.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 27, 2012, 06:52:11 pm by RedJ »
I'm not convinced he knows what he's on about, never mind you or anybody else TRB.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 27, 2012, 06:58:22 pm by RobTheRover »
The club now has a strict salary cap in place, a cap they have set at what is a very good league 1 salary for a player.  Some players (or more accurately their agents) either a) dont believe this, b) think they are worth more, or c) believe they can play a brinksmanship game and the club will cave in eventuallyy.

Brian, the club has finite resources available, and it sees the best way to acquire the players we need by spending these on wages within a defined salary ladder.  Not on fees, not on anything else around the periphery.  Wages.  The money is there to pay these wages every week, therefore by definition we are not skint.  What we are doing is following a strategy that gives us a better negotiating position with agents and not putting the money into other club chairmen's pockets.

I hope that clarifies things for you.  I am off to the pub in half an hour.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 27, 2012, 07:01:34 pm by StocktonRover »

Brian, the club has finite resources available, and it sees the best way to acquire the players we need by spending these on wages within a defined salary ladder.  Not on fees, not on anything else around the periphery.  Wages.  The money is there to pay these wages every week, therefore by definition we are not skint.  What we are doing is following a strategy that gives us a better negotiating position with agents and not putting the money into other club chairmen's pockets.

I claim my £5 - RR is Brian the Blade...

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #49 on December 27, 2012, 11:03:00 pm by Rovin Reporter »

I claim my £5 - RR is Brian the Blade...
I agree we are cutting our cloth so to speak , but Deano and the boys are going to need strengthening and taking long shots on Klingon and woods without success leaves the squad no better off and Deano still having to sound pragmatic where signings are concerned. The club has made a stance and I do not believe they will sanction more than 1 or 2 players now that Copps is returning . When we may need 3or 4 if we are to avoid long term injuries .  Deano mentioned he may even loose the odd player , so its a tight budget indeed no matter what words I use , but skint sounds good to me .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 27, 2012, 11:50:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
but skint sounds good to me .

Prudent is a better word to describe our approach to expenditure.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 28, 2012, 01:08:28 am by silent majority »

Prudent is a better word to describe our approach to expenditure.

I wouldn't even call it that Baz, we have the 3rd highest wage budget in this division (now likely to increase significantly) and yet people still insist we are skint and have no money. It does beggar belief!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 28, 2012, 01:15:10 am by RedJ »

Skint sounds wrong to me. No, SM, the only person on here insisting this is someone who consistently talks b*llocks and is consistently wrong.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #53 on December 28, 2012, 01:54:27 pm by Rovin Reporter »
In your opinion

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on December 28, 2012, 01:57:52 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I bet there are a lot of clubs wishing they were as skint as us............

Portsmouth for one

Now Pompey is (in my opinion) a club that is skint RR

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #55 on December 28, 2012, 02:17:10 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Were not flashing the cash, only talking about it , that all just talk. One in One out tells me we are having cash flow problems . Skint then

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 28, 2012, 02:24:29 pm by KC_DRFC »
Is this kid for real?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on December 28, 2012, 02:27:13 pm by eastender »
Were not flashing the cash, only talking about it , that all just talk. One in One out tells me we are having cash flow problems . Skint then

It tells me were staying with in a budget.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 28, 2012, 02:30:54 pm by Filo »
I was n`t far off the mark with Clingan was I?

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=235420.msg277986#msg277986

I would n`t bank on him staying around too long, he rejected new deals at Forest, Norwich, and Coventry, whilst he was at those clubs, all because he thought the grass was greener elsewhere. Geat signing if he stays long enough mind

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 28, 2012, 02:44:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

How come what we think is only opinion but what you think is fact?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012