Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:16:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rotherham Handball  (Read 3570 times)

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
Rotherham Handball
« on November 11, 2017, 04:04:33 pm by DRFCMach2man »
Just got back from the game and watched the highlights on Sky. Has anyone seen the obvious handball block in the Rotheram area - should have been a penalty. Also Marquis's  call for penalty was a good one - have seen more of those sort of decisions given than not!
All in all good Derby performance from the Reds heartbreak to concede the equaliser in the manner we did and in the 96th minute. Moore out of order with his celebration in front of South Stand - again players have been booked for for less - like take no your shirt off!!! :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Rotherham Handball
« Reply #1 on November 11, 2017, 04:17:45 pm by GazLaz »
Definite penalty the hand ball.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 11, 2017, 04:20:23 pm by German Rover »
Just seen the video. His hand wasn't up. He was off balance standing back up. Not a penalty.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 11, 2017, 04:33:28 pm by selby »
  German Rover,hand on heart would Bayern Munich have been given  a pen for it or not?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2017, 04:36:21 pm by rtid88 »
Just seen the video. His hand wasn't up. He was off balance standing back up. Not a penalty.
His hand wasn't up??? He clearly moved his arm up to block the ball intentionally!! Don't understand how you can say no penalty.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 11, 2017, 04:54:42 pm by German Rover »
  German Rover,hand on heart would Bayern Munich have been given  a pen for it or not?

Probably but then again so would Man United. Big teams get those decisions. Doncaster rivers don't.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2017, 05:31:26 pm by Wild Rover »
The reason ( as far as I can tell ) the handball not given was how close offending player was to Marquis, add to that Marquis also handled in build up to the shot,

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2017, 05:57:40 pm by mrfrostsdad »
The reason ( as far as I can tell ) the handball not given was how close offending player was to Marquis, add to that Marquis also handled in build up to the shot,

Our player (could have been Marquis, not sure) handled before their player. So, if he didn't give the first one he couldn't give the second one.
The foul on Marquis was probably a penalty, but having seen it four or five times now, he was on his way down before he was tackled

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2017, 06:44:23 pm by POD »
Looking at the TV replay from behind the goal, the referee had several players in his direct line of sight, so doubtful if he saw it at all.  If he had been in a better position, I think he would have had to give it as the player's hand/arm was in an unnatural position, which is normally the yardstick by which the judgement is made. 
He was in an excellent position for the Marquis penalty shout and I can see no reason why he would not give it, as the Rotherham player clearly caught him from behind.  The consensus in the TV studio was that it should have been given.

salisburyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 11, 2017, 06:46:54 pm by salisburyrover »
Have a look at the pen we should have had when Baudry got dragged to the ground on the pen spot and around the neck. The ref had a clear view of this one as well.....On another day we could have had three pens.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 12, 2017, 08:44:09 am by idler »
That was the most nailed on of the three. There was also the blatant foul that took out Joe Wright early on that went unpunished.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 12, 2017, 09:09:46 am by Rovers91 »
Think we had a strong shout for all 3, the handball was a good save because that was on target.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2017, 09:17:44 am by karldew »
Did Alcock handball before they scored? I thought we'd got away with it, but they scored straight after anyway 😞

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 12, 2017, 09:30:53 am by Jenny »
Just got back from the game and watched the highlights on Sky. Has anyone seen the obvious handball block in the Rotheram area - should have been a penalty. Also Marquis's  call for penalty was a good one - have seen more of those sort of decisions given than not!
All in all good Derby performance from the Reds heartbreak to concede the equaliser in the manner we did and in the 96th minute. Moore out of order with his celebration in front of South Stand - again players have been booked for for less - like take no your shirt off!!! :rtid:

Give over on the celebrations. He'd just scored a 96th minute equaliser in a derby game, what did you expect him to do, walk away and not celebrate? You'd have loved it if one of ours did the same.

Talk about trying to sanitise football.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 12, 2017, 10:42:02 am by GazLaz »
Speaking about decision, their left back should have been booked early in the game and then was booked in the second half.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 12, 2017, 11:11:19 am by 1879Rovers »

His arm is away from his body and is a definite penalty.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 12, 2017, 11:15:06 am by GazLaz »
He stopped the ball going in the net with his arm, he wasn’t in a natural position. Penalty.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 12, 2017, 11:17:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Give over on the celebrations. He'd just scored a 96th minute equaliser in a derby game, what did you expect him to do, walk away and not celebrate? You'd have loved it if one of ours did the same.

Amen Jenny. If you're not big enough to cope with that, a football ground isn't the place for you.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 12, 2017, 12:42:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Amen Jenny. If you're not big enough to cope with that, a football ground isn't the place for you.

I really wasn't I was well pissed off.

And that's exactly why I like football, that emotion. Take it out it spoils it.

Would I have done the same as him? No I would have gone even more crackers most likely. But it's not the most sensible thing to do.

Tell you what though the guys bloody ugly isn't he?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 12, 2017, 12:46:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No. I wouldn't either. But that's because I'm not a bell-end. Unlike many footballers.

And yes, of course he's ugly. He's from 30 generations of farming in-breeding and then he rocked up in Rotherham. What else do you expect but stomach-churningly ugliness?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012