Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:29:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Contracted players  (Read 4526 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Contracted players
« on July 23, 2013, 04:59:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
Contracted players

McCombe(injured)
Jones
Husband
Finnegan
Binns

De Val Fernandez(injured)
Furman
Harper (not really)

Coppinger
Cotterill
Duffy
Bennett
Syers
Meade
Middleton

Brown
Paynter
Wincop
Peterson

These are the players we have for 3rd August. We are trying to sign players for the first team and development squad. So the players who are out of contract and the three others for the development squad are still to sign. When we do it will be like Watford signing numerous players all together, plus any more on the list.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:38:55 pm by steve@dcfd »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: Contracted players
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2013, 05:00:08 pm by Chris »
Has Spurr signed?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2013, 05:42:53 pm by MrFrost »
No, knock him off the list.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2013, 07:39:16 pm by steve@dcfd »
No, knock him off the list.

Done sorry

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2013, 10:01:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Is this a private whittlers' club or can anyone join?

Slimneil

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2013, 10:14:25 pm by Slimneil »
Has maxted signed ? Or is he classed as youth

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2013, 10:21:09 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23424749 at least it's not as bad a situation as market Drayton there really scrapping the barrel

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2013, 10:28:25 pm by steve@dcfd »

We may get money to sign the rest, we may get the money to buy out the present owners. If we cannot sign our ex first year professionals then we can blame it on the agents. Is it the present owners do not want to spend their money. It's all part of the whittlers club.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2013, 10:33:43 pm by dickos1 »

We may get money to sign the rest, we may get the money to buy out the present owners. If we cannot sign our ex first year professionals then we can blame it on the agents. Is it the present owners do not want to spend their money. It's all part of the whittlers club.

Had a beer?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2013, 10:38:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
No but lets wait to see what's comes out in the washing. The money to sign the players we all want will be available but the old regime may have to take at back seat.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2013, 10:41:06 pm by dickos1 »

I'm sorry but genuinely have no idea what any of this means.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2013, 10:57:20 pm by Copps is Magic »
Not that bothered about Mvoto - have a feeling he'll turn out to be another Martis.

The problem is that we need at least 7 more players between now and Blackpool. Logistically this simply will not happen.

Dickov will be on thin ice come the start of the season unfortunately.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2013, 11:07:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not that bothered about Mvoto - have a feeling he'll turn out to be another Martis.

The problem is that we need at least 7 more players between now and Blackpool. Logistically this simply will not happen.

Dickov will be on thin ice come the start of the season unfortunately.

Not going to agree or disagree about the first point.

Why do we need 7 more players before the Blackpool game?

Why is Dickov on thin ice?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 23, 2013, 11:09:06 pm by Lipsy »
With this heatwave over, it's going to get cold very quickly?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 23, 2013, 11:22:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
Not going to agree or disagree about the first point.

Why do we need 7 more players before the Blackpool game?

Why is Dickov on thin ice?

Hi Baz,

We need 7 more players to complete a squad of players. Typically clubs field a 'squad' of players which interchange throughout the season due to injury, tactics etc.

Some even aim for the dizzy heights of two players in each position. Sadly, we do not have 1 in every position but people on here pretend that we do.

Cheers.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 23, 2013, 11:35:44 pm by dickos1 »
We don't need that many before the season starts in my opinion. In an ideal world we would but it's not essential, I'd be happy with the existing players renewing, a goalkeeper, a striker, and a centre mid, along with forrester.
Think that will be good enough

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 23, 2013, 11:45:59 pm by Donnybax »
We don't need that many before the season starts in my opinion. In an ideal world we would but it's not essential, I'd be happy with the existing players renewing, a goalkeeper, a striker, and a centre mid, along with forrester.
Think that will be good enough
no cb?! So that leaves us with jones at cb for the Blackpool game. Unless you would play Wakefield?

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 23, 2013, 11:56:57 pm by Donnyrovers »
We need a goalkeeper, centre back, striker, Forrester and all out of contract players signed up as well before Blackpool. Ideally another centre mid as well but I don't think that is as desperate as the other positions before the start of the season because I feel we could get by with Furman, Keegan and Syers for a couple of games if need be. It's poor that we won't have had a squad again for preseason and its a concern that we will need the team to gel very quickly in an extremely strong league.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 23, 2013, 11:57:26 pm by Danmckay456 »
What I can't understand is when dickov was saying he wanted most of the signings
In place before the Bradford game so they could implement tactics and systems for the Blackpool league game , Another manager working with his hands tied it appears ....

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 23, 2013, 11:58:30 pm by dickos1 »
Centre back not centre mid

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 24, 2013, 12:18:07 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Best part of 2 weeks left. We don't need 7 players before Blackpool game.

Granted, we would hope to acquire a squad of 22 players before windows close BUT let's not forget the possibility of longer term loans. I don't really care that much how big the squad is, as long as we have enough depth of quality to compete well enough.

We've all been around long enough to know that it's as rare as rocking horse muck, that you assemble your entire squad  before the season starts. So much so you wonder about the merit of a pre-season team photo!!

If memory serves me right, whilst Wellens is a hot topic, wasn't he a late addition in his first spell?

I don't see this pre-season that much different to any other pre-season. The club have underplayed links to any specific players for what is now obvious reasons. Better to under-promise and over-deliver.

So far, the signings that we have made, have been good ones. I'm certain that PD and Gavin the rest are doing what they can to tie down the players they want. That's all we can believe otherwise, if you allow all the speculation, rumour and titbits from the press to get to you, then it's going to be torturous waiting for official announcements.

Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll have 16 players coming out in red and white hoops to play Blackpool on 3rd August, and do you know what, even with players we have now, I think we'll win.

As far as Dickov being on thin ice? Well as we have not played a competitive match yet, it's rather premature isn't it.

Sod This For a Laugh

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 24, 2013, 12:34:58 am by Sod This For a Laugh »
Although I trust we will get a competitive squad together, doing it by the end of the transfer window could cost us some points in our first few games of the season. My biggest problem with all of this is I see us as a bottom half championship club. Can we afford to not be ready come August 3rd. 2-3 points could be the difference in staying up or going down at the end of the season.

I think if we don't sign a GK,CH,CM and CF before the first game it is bordering on neglect. With 3-4 more to follow in August

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 24, 2013, 01:09:52 am by RobTheRover »

If memory serves me right, whilst Wellens is a hot topic, wasn't he a late addition in his first spell?

HE certainly was, Baz.  I cooked Rigo his lunch on the back of that signing, and it was a lovely summers day for chilli and ginger b*llocks, with onions and peppers.  Yum!

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 24, 2013, 02:59:49 am by Orlandokarla »
Although I trust we will get a competitive squad together, doing it by the end of the transfer window could cost us some points in our first few games of the season. My biggest problem with all of this is I see us as a bottom half championship club. Can we afford to not be ready come August 3rd. 2-3 points could be the difference in staying up or going down at the end of the season.

I think if we don't sign a GK,CH,CM and CF before the first game it is bordering on neglect. With 3-4 more to follow in August

It's conceivable that it may not happen in time for the start of the season, and yes it's possible that may cost us a few points. That said, if we end up with a couple of top class loanees, that will more than make up for it over the course of the season.

We are clearly being ambitious with our transfer targets, and gambling that we can sign better players than those readily available to us. I'd rather we held off and went for quality, than sign average players to fill out the squad.

I'd hate for the likes of BS or Given to become available at the close of the loan window, only for us to have blown the budget prematurely on inferior quality 1st teamers and a couple of substandard squad players.

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 24, 2013, 08:31:37 am by donnymatty »
It worries me that we don't have a goalkeeper under contract

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 24, 2013, 09:56:30 am by roverssam1879 »
In my opinion we need 5 more players to be comfortable to complete in this league

GK
Two defenders
another midfielder
another striker (BS)

Clocks a' ticking

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 24, 2013, 12:24:30 pm by uptonson »
It worries me that we don't have a goalkeeper under contract

Can always get Gary Woods back for a game.  He still hasn't signed for anybody. :rtid:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 24, 2013, 01:24:56 pm by IDM »

HE certainly was, Baz.  I cooked Rigo his lunch on the back of that signing, and it was a lovely summers day for chilli and ginger b*llocks, with onions and peppers.  Yum!

Billy Sharp was a late addition first time round too?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 24, 2013, 10:59:42 pm by steve@dcfd »

I'm sorry but genuinely have no idea what any of this means.

The cryptic information will come out shortly.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012