Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:52:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bristol City v Rovers  (Read 12551 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Bristol City v Rovers
« Reply #30 on January 21, 2012, 03:41:25 pm by MrFrost »
Who do we blame for this then? It's about time someone took responsibility.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 21, 2012, 03:42:11 pm by Lipsy »
:suicide:

Oh dear. I think a miracle is now needed for us to stay up.

Millwall two up now...

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 21, 2012, 03:42:21 pm by StocksArmy »
Could the last 15 minutes of got any worse for us? Its an absolute joke!!!!!

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 21, 2012, 03:45:41 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Quote from: \"i_ateallthepies\" post=214042
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=214033
This could be the game that sinks Rovers this season. Bristol City....???? Why Bamogo and Plessis aren't on that pitch instead of piss poor Gillett and (nice bloke, misses sitters) Hayter I'll never know? :cry:

Because our genius manager picked them?

If our manager picked them, the majority of the forum would be saying its McKay's fault!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 21, 2012, 03:46:30 pm by MrFrost »
Can we please get rid of Saunders? The guy is clearly out of his depth. We are't just losing away from home, we are getting slaughtered and there is a distinct lack of discipline.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 21, 2012, 03:46:35 pm by ScillyRover »
Has Billy touched the ball at all yet

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 21, 2012, 03:48:40 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=214049
Still time for Diouf to get into trouble yet the way he is having a go at the officials.

As far as Im concerned we can hardly be surprised with the sendings off and lack of discipline. Its a result of players being brought in who really have no interest in Doncaster Rovers or the predicament we are in.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 21, 2012, 03:48:56 pm by Filo »
Still time for Diouf to get into trouble yet the way he is having a go at the officials.

He`s every right to have a go at the officials, Tom Biltcliffe said the tackle on Copps that put him out of the game, half an our later would have got a card! half an hour later Beye commits a bad tackle, red card issued1 Now by all accounts Beye`s red was deserved, but we are getting a raw deal from officials!

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 21, 2012, 03:51:13 pm by godlike1 »
this is as much the players fault as the managers.  they have no back bone away from home and cant cope with the slightest amount of pressure

radio off, blinkers on, miracle hoped for but not expected

finally a massive well done to those who have paid to go and watch the pain once again, you dont deserve it and the players should pay you your costs back out of their wages

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 21, 2012, 03:54:19 pm by Barmby Rover »
A sending off for the home side would have put a different complexion on the game, however it didn't happen, we were under a fair bit of pressure and it has cost us. What we need now is to put some effort into fighting our way out of this, even if it doesn't work. A second half with some thoughtful football would make a difference to the way people look at the match.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 21, 2012, 03:56:17 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=214062

As far as Im concerned we can hardly be surprised with the sendings off and lack of discipline. Its a result of players being brought in who really have no interest in Doncaster Rovers or the predicament we are in.

Knee jerk again!

What excuse do you have from 1 point from the first 7 games?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 21, 2012, 03:57:36 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=214059
Can we please get rid of Saunders? The guy is clearly out of his depth. We are't just losing away from home, we are getting slaughtered and there is a distinct lack of discipline.

Give it a rest will ya. Players get sent off all over the country, nothing to do with the manager. We need 8 wins still from 19 games

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 21, 2012, 03:57:56 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Leave him alone!

After all he gives good soundbites in post and pre match interviews, talks a good talk and isnt boring and uninteresting - all the qualities you need to manage a Championship Club infact. :thumbdown:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 21, 2012, 03:58:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Really working for us this experiment eh?  When was the last time we had players sent off in consecutive games?

I-was-there1976

« Reply #44 on January 21, 2012, 03:59:54 pm by I-was-there1976 »
The wheels on the bus go round and round all day long

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 21, 2012, 04:00:25 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=214069
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=214062

Knee jerk again!

What excuse do you have from 1 point from the first 7 games?

I don't.

What excuse is there for our frankly abysmal disciplinary record since the change of manager / introduction of players who couldnt care less?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 21, 2012, 04:01:42 pm by DaveDRFC »
Quote from: \"i_ateallthepies\" post=214072
Really working for us this experiment eh?  When was the last time we had players sent off in consecutive games?

Who got sent off against Cardiff??

Or against Notts County and Barnsley for that matter.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 21, 2012, 04:03:11 pm by Dutch Uncle »
We had Hird and Souza sent off against Scunthorpe and Sheffield United a year ago

No-one was sent off last week against Cardiff

A sh*t half  - but come guys there is a lot of the season left, and one day we will get the rub of the green from those 'gentlemen' in black

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 21, 2012, 04:04:15 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=214070

Give it a rest will ya. Players get sent off all over the country, nothing to do with the manager. We need 8 wins still from 19 games

The guy is out of his depth. God knows what we were thinking appointing him. A year managing a non league team, and then expected to perform miracles to save a Championship team from relegation? I'm sorry, it's not his fault he can't manage at this level. Name me another football league club who would have appointed him. None.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 21, 2012, 04:07:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Ok I'll correct that, 'consecutive away games'.  Now do you follow?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 21, 2012, 04:09:18 pm by Lipsy »
I'm afraid I totally agree, MfFrost.

Where are these 8 wins coming from? We were down ages ago, and it's pretty much nailed on now. Shame, but it's been fun/precarious.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 21, 2012, 04:10:33 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"i_ateallthepies\" post=214085

Ha ha what a ridiculous arguement

VikingJames

« Reply #52 on January 21, 2012, 04:10:36 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=214082

The guy is out of his depth. God knows what we were thinking appointing him. A year managing a non league team, and then expected to perform miracles to save a Championship team from relegation? I'm sorry, it's not his fault he can't manage at this level. Name me another football league club who would have appointed him. None.

He was in charge of Wrexham for 3 years, but never mind.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 21, 2012, 04:12:16 pm by dickos1 »

He has more managerial experience than Howe, who struggled for many months at burnley before finding his feet. But never mind. You keep talking rubbish

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 21, 2012, 04:12:41 pm by NickDRFC »

Whilst your unwavering support for Saunders is admirable, if he sends out teams who keep putting in these gutless, spineless performances every time we leave Doncaster you can't criticise people who question whether he is the man to keep us up.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 21, 2012, 04:13:45 pm by Wellred »
Here we go again. The usual suspects spouting the same old crap. Why don't you all go and support your God at Trent Bridge?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 21, 2012, 04:14:40 pm by DaveDRFC »
People said the same when Clough went from Burton to Derby and he took a while to settle in but they are doing alright now. I think he just needs time, something which most people on here seem unprepared to give.

Also, nothing more annoying than people going mad on here about a game they aren't at or haven't been to. I'm not there today either but notice I'm not banging on about what a disgrace we are when I've nothing to back it up. The home form is good at the moment and I'm confident we've still got a fighting chance of staying up, and even if we do go down we've been here 3 seasons longer than I thought we would be.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 21, 2012, 04:14:51 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=214095

He has more managerial experience than Howe, who struggled for many months at burnley before finding his feet. But never mind. You keep talking rubbish

I think it's you talking rubbish. I'm sure you're continued masturbation over Saunders will still evident even if we are sinking in the depths of League One.

I'd rather have Micky Walker in charge.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 21, 2012, 04:16:01 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"i_ateallthepies\" post=214085

Don't worry, I knew what you meant ;)

VikingJames

« Reply #59 on January 21, 2012, 04:17:39 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=214099

I'd rather have Micky Walker in charge.

And what if we were shit then?

We had all this when SOD first joined, and look how that turned out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012