Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:56:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers vs Brighton and Hove Albion.  (Read 1920 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Rovers vs Brighton and Hove Albion.
« on March 03, 2012, 10:29:27 am by Mr1Croft »
So then guys and gals, it is the return fixture of the opening game of the season that was a great trip to the new Amex with the Rovers fans travelling in numbers. Considering their fans sung \"is that all you bring away\" I'm expecting them to sell out, anything less should be greeted by chants of poor support from us.

Anyone wanna guess at the attendance?

I'll say 8463

:thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers vs Brighton and Hove Albion.
« Reply #1 on March 03, 2012, 08:44:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
Brighton boss Poyet said he felt sorry for his team's supporters and partly blamed the pitch for a match of poor quality.

He said: \"We didn't play well but it was difficult to pass the ball on such a bumpy pitch.

\"I'm not making that an excuse because it was the same for both teams and I feel sorry for the Doncaster players because we can go home now while they have to play on it every other week.

\"I felt sorry for the fans as well because it was an ugly game - there were some bad decisions for both sides and it wasn't pretty to watch.\"

Yes you are?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 03, 2012, 09:24:13 pm by The Red Baron »
It was a truly awful game- one of the worst I've seen for a long time. However, I was delighted that we stopped Poyet and his crew from taking three points. What a dreadful side Brighton are. Cynicism turned almost into an art-form, aided by a weak referee. If they go up this season then it just proves that this season's Championship is a rotten vintage.

I feared we'd get a hammering when Stock went off early on (groin by the looks of it, so he could miss several games). Saunders got the tactics wrong (again)- playing a narrow midfield three against a team with two wingers makes no sense at all. His selection of the bench was poor and all he had was a bunch of lightweight midfielders. But fair play to the likes of Martis, Bagayoko, Barnes (best game so far IMO) and Chimbonda who really put a shift in. A fair result overall, but poor quality from both sides.

Mackail-Smith is a decent player but he's also a con-man, and I see El-Abd has replaced Dunk as a hatchet man. Lovely team they are (not!), although I do like Buckley. Wish we had someone like him,

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 04, 2012, 10:45:45 am by bobjimwilly »
I thought Barnes did ok 1st half, but contributed nothing in 2nd half, and didn't seem to bother going for tackles that he knew he might not win :thumbdown:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 04, 2012, 10:50:27 am by RedJ »
I remember someone standing up and shouting twice \"why?! he's done absolutely f**k all.\" I tend to agree. I only remember him having one sustained spell of possession, the rest of the time he backed off, played 5 yard passes (sometimes even they looked misplaced) and I just thought he was poor all round.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012