Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 02:08:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: They don't really get the North, these Tories.  (Read 4235 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
They don't really get the North, these Tories.
« on October 02, 2021, 07:40:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1444359001098043395

Just picture the chat between Jemima and Quentin, running the Twitter feed at Conservative Central Office.

G: Golly, I heard Boris is going to the conference in Manchester. I've never actually been north of Oxford. Where IS Manchester?

Q: (Putting on a fake Corra accent) Oop t'North lass. (Back to Home Counties). Remember. Where Gove said they all have toothless, mean faces.

G: Oh gosh I'm glad we don't have to go. Anyway, time to Tweet about our leader bravely heading there. Let's see if we can find a picture of him by the side of a train that looks like it's going oop north.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: They don't really get the North, these Tories.
« Reply #1 on October 02, 2021, 07:43:49 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Absolutely spot on BST, but don’t get me started on how they know Northern Ireland even less  :mad:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 02, 2021, 10:03:41 pm by scawsby steve »

Just picture the chat between Jemima and Quentin, running the Twitter feed at Conservative Central Office.

G: Golly, I heard Boris is going to the conference in Manchester. I've never actually been north of Oxford. Where IS Manchester?

Q: (Putting on a fake Corra accent) Oop t'North lass. (Back to Home Counties). Remember. Where Gove said they all have toothless, mean faces.

G: Oh gosh I'm glad we don't have to go. Anyway, time to Tweet about our leader bravely heading there. Let's see if we can find a picture of him by the side of a train that looks like it's going oop north.

Yeah, Keir Starmer really gets the North doesn't he. So much that he influenced them to bring about Labour's biggest mullering since 1935.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 02, 2021, 11:42:25 pm by belton rover »

f**k me Billy. Have you really nothing better to do than write the most unfunny political sketch in the history of unfunny political sketches on a Saturday night?
Jemima and Quentin? Really?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 03, 2021, 11:49:05 am by SydneyRover »
Everything starts from ........................ now!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 03, 2021, 12:47:26 pm by Sprotyrover »

Ah two twits who need to be purged from the Party they will be sinking even further and referring to us as SCUM next!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 03, 2021, 01:47:38 pm by Filo »

Ah two twits who need to be purged from the Party they will be sinking even further and referring to us as SCUM next!

“Working class men are likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless & hopeless. And perhaps claim to suffer from low self-esteem, brought on by unemployment.”

Boris Johnson (1995)

The insults started a long time ago Sproty

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 03, 2021, 05:42:42 pm by albie »
We know Bozo doesn't care about anything apart from his own prospects.

If Keith is the alternative, here is what he said in Liverpool at the hustings for Labour leader;
https://twitter.com/i/status/1444414110804893705

Today, he writes an opinion piece in the Sun for Murdoch, despite the past history of that paper!
Gets the north all right.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 03, 2021, 06:37:18 pm by tyke1962 »

If Keith is the alternative, here is what he said in Liverpool at the hustings for Labour leader;

Today, he writes an opinion piece in the Sun for Murdoch, despite the past history of that paper!

Keith's also defended Met boss Cressida Dick and called for her to remain in charge .

Which isn't entirely unsurprising given that Keith was head of the CPS when Jean Charles Menzes was murdered by the Met and they got away with it .

No case to answer for .

This was a bloke who was shot 7 times in the head from point blank range in broad daylight on a London street .

Fairly typical bog standard Establishment practice of which Keith is clearly a member .

Nearly as corrupt as Blair and his £300k tax avoidance that's broke today in the Guardian , Sydney must have missed it !!!! .

Centre of the Labour Party , the protectors of the system .

Who knew eh ??

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 03, 2021, 06:51:27 pm by roversdude »
Just proves they only care for themselves

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 03, 2021, 07:29:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The furore over the picture did amuse me. Turns out despite the labour claims it was a real picture taken yesterday, Boris went to Leeds before Manchester on said train...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 03, 2021, 07:35:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP
Odd then that they captioned it as him going to Manchester.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 03, 2021, 08:16:38 pm by tyke1962 »
Just proves they only care for themselves

Clearly Chumocracy isn't totally owned by the Tories .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 03, 2021, 09:19:02 pm by SydneyRover »

Keith's also defended Met boss Cressida Dick and called for her to remain in charge .

Which isn't entirely unsurprising given that Keith was head of the CPS when Jean Charles Menzes was murdered by the Met and they got away with it .

No case to answer for .

This was a bloke who was shot 7 times in the head from point blank range in broad daylight on a London street .

Fairly typical bog standard Establishment practice of which Keith is clearly a member .

Nearly as corrupt as Blair and his £300k tax avoidance that's broke today in the Guardian , Sydney must have missed it !!!! .

Who knew eh ??

Didn't know you felt so strongly about her there has been threads and conversations where she has been discussed

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 03, 2021, 09:20:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
BFYP
Odd then that they captioned it as him going to Manchester.

He was, via a stop off in Leeds.  People as ever have to look for every single pointless thing and make it a thing.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 03, 2021, 10:20:36 pm by tyke1962 »

No case to answer for .

Who knew eh ??

Didn't know you felt so strongly about her there has been threads and conversations where she has been discussed

Not entirely sure what your point is Sydney with those remarks .

I've an association with the Met that goes back to the strike and clearly it's always been a paramilitary more than its been a keeper of law and order .

It was found to be institutionally racist following the Stephen Lawrence murder .

The murder of Sarah shows a catalogue of failures from the Met .

Keith as an establishment figure does his duty of course .

At least Harriet Harman says it how it is .

If you can't see the game that's getting played out here then there's nothing much I can say .

Keith will sell any principle he has if there are any for a whiff of power that much is clear .

Making all the right friends in the right places and cosying up isn't why the Labour movement was founded .

Perhaps he'd be better advised to join the real experts in the Tory Party along with the rumoured three other Labour MP's who are rumoured to be walking across the house to join Johnson .

Absolute embarrassment .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 03, 2021, 10:27:14 pm by SydneyRover »
But you're all talk tyke you don't actually do anything for all your bluster, so much of this could be solved if enough people a mark in the correct box.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 03, 2021, 10:39:11 pm by SydneyRover »
Tyke if you got out and rallied the troops and created a large enough voting cohort of the left to take power then you'd have something to shout about. I would have voted for Corbyn over the tories.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 03, 2021, 10:52:59 pm by tyke1962 »
But you're all talk tyke you don't actually do anything for all your bluster, so much of this could be solved if enough people a mark in the correct box.

You vote for the Tory B team if it makes you feel better Sydney .

I'm comfortable enough to abstain .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 03, 2021, 10:58:20 pm by tyke1962 »
Tyke if you got out and rallied the troops and created a large enough voting cohort of the left to take power then you'd have something to shout about. I would have voted for Corbyn over the tories.

Well well see in due course how close Keith gets to the membership numbers and votes Corbyn won in 2017 .

And that's from a pretty flawed leader .

I don't have to rally the troops Sydney they merely need someone to vote for .

Two cheeks to the same ass isn't going to work .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 03, 2021, 11:40:52 pm by SydneyRover »
It's about winning and taking power from the tories, and yourself tyke it appears only jc has matched your criteria for 'good' leadership since you arrived at voting age and look how well that went?

You wouldn't support Andy Burnham for the job either cos that would make him a liar, wouldn't it tyke?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 04:07:45 am by SydneyRover »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 04, 2021, 10:18:24 am by Axholme Lion »

No case to answer for .

Who knew eh ??

Didn't do much about Juimmy Saville either?

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 04, 2021, 03:44:44 pm by foxbat »
who is this Keith  ?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 04, 2021, 05:33:29 pm by scawsby steve »
who is this Keith  ?

Keep up, Foxbat; it's all been explained in detail on here by Tyke and Albie.

The main reason is that the left of the Labour Party don't want Starmer to be known by the same Christian name as the great Keir Hardie.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 04, 2021, 05:47:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I've just swapped my Sorento for a Hyundai for the same reason!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 04, 2021, 08:56:34 pm by tyke1962 »
It's about winning and taking power from the tories, and yourself tyke it appears only jc has matched your criteria for 'good' leadership since you arrived at voting age and look how well that went?

You wouldn't support Andy Burnham for the job either cos that would make him a liar, wouldn't it tyke?

It's about taking power away from the Tories .

Well it is if the alternative is better and there's nothing to suggest that the Labour Party are that .

The Tories are more likely to nationalise the energy companies than Labour given Keith's latest backtrack .

They've recently taken a railway back in to public ownership because it was in trouble .

Absorb that fact .

Keith says now is not the time to be talking about nationalising the energy companies .

Well when would be a good time , when the fecking lights go out or the elderly freeze to death this winter ?

Your the Labour Party leader you clown you aren't supposed to believe in the total free market you absolute moron .

Even Brown had the nous the bring the banks in to public ownership following the 2008 crash and he was about as left wing as Keith Joseph .

How can doing nothing be a better alternative Sydney ?

Your supposed to be opposing and providing credible alternatives .

Plenty to be going on with Sydney at the moment and Keith can't think of one single credible alternative policy .

Tell you why in my opinion and it is only my opinion .

He's too shyte scared to be left where the real ideas are and more concerned on not being Corbyn .

The place he's dragged the party is devoid of any ideas or policies that cut through .

We are the centre now and not those nasty left wing types .

The public say , so what .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 04, 2021, 09:49:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Even Brown had the nous the bring the banks in to public ownership following the 2008 crash and he was about as left wing as Keith Joseph .

And here we go again. Playground stuff. If you're not as left wing as me, you're a Tory.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 04, 2021, 09:57:36 pm by SydneyRover »

It's about taking power away from the Tories .

Well it is if the alternative is better and there's nothing to suggest that the Labour Party are that .

The Tories are more likely to nationalise the energy companies than Labour given Keith's latest backtrack .

They've recently taken a railway back in to public ownership because it was in trouble .

Absorb that fact .

Keith says now is not the time to be talking about nationalising the energy companies .

Well when would be a good time , when the fecking lights go out or the elderly freeze to death this winter ?

Your the Labour Party leader you clown you aren't supposed to believe in the total free market you absolute moron .

How can doing nothing be a better alternative Sydney ?

Your supposed to be opposing and providing credible alternatives .

Plenty to be going on with Sydney at the moment and Keith can't think of one single credible alternative policy .

Tell you why in my opinion and it is only my opinion .

He's too shyte scared to be left where the real ideas are and more concerned on not being Corbyn .

The place he's dragged the party is devoid of any ideas or policies that cut through .

We are the centre now and not those nasty left wing types .

The public say , so what .

I'm surprised you support or even discuss McCluskey as he's a liar too, doesn't look like you have many you can rely on tyke.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 04, 2021, 10:01:47 pm by SydneyRover »
You could start a new party Steve, Albie and Tyke, if you can trust each other that is

'SAT'

You'll have to comb each other's back catalogue to see if you changed your minds (lied) at any time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:13:03 pm by SydneyRover »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 04, 2021, 10:15:24 pm by tyke1962 »

And here we go again. Playground stuff. If you're not as left wing as me, you're a Tory.

I never said that .

Keith is on camera at a Labour leadership hustings sticking his hand in the air when asked if he is in favour of nationalising the energy companies .

Is there anything he campaign on that he's not backtracked on ? .

This isn't about left , right or centre although Keith has made it so .

This is about standing on the fundamentals you were elected to stand on .

If this was a Tory you and Sydney would be ripping him to pieces , the colour of his rosette doesn't alter the fact he's a liar , a democracy denier and an extremely limited leader who has to taken the party to a place where it daren't be the party it's supposed to be and so therefore has little to say .

Next on his hit list will be Ed who is in favour of nationalising the energy companies .

Mark my words .

Billy I want to vote for him , I really do even if I have to hold my nose but this clown makes even that highly unlikely .

He's everything the party shouldn't be .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012