Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:03:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Benefits Log  (Read 62483 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Benefits Log
« Reply #240 on February 03, 2021, 06:20:36 pm by selby »
  Kato, you know I am as thick as a plank, I just enjoy life and making a bob or two to get by.
   The good news is I also had my vaccination today, and the coal fired heating is banging it out ok, must be like the third world in your area.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on February 03, 2021, 06:42:51 pm by wilts rover »
  Wilts, we are their biggest market, Eires and the EU  part of that market will be else where as time goes by as our trade with the world will.
  The illegal part of the Eire to Nortern Ireland business unhindered by checks up to now, but now a problem  will hurt the people of Eire much more than the legal business which in value compared to illegal arms and drugs is a drop in the ocean.

Good point Selby, hadn't thought of that.

Nor presumably had Google or Apple who have their European HQ's there or Jacob Rees-Mogg who recently moved his hedge fund there. Mabye you need to give them some of your financial wisdom?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #242 on February 03, 2021, 06:48:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That feeling when Mother Nature chucks in her two pennorth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamclarkitv/status/1357002525795352576

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on February 03, 2021, 07:11:43 pm by scawsby steve »

Some very unpatriotic tweets there. Why don't they f*ck off and live somewhere else if they don't like this country?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on February 03, 2021, 07:28:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Some very unpatriotic tweets there. Why don't they f*ck off and live somewhere else if they don't like this country?

Eggsf**kingzactly!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #245 on February 03, 2021, 07:31:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm struggling SS. Which ones were the unpatriotic ones?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on February 03, 2021, 07:35:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
SS, Methinks the leader of the Britain Surrendering Together party is just looking for an argument.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #247 on February 03, 2021, 08:09:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not in the slightest BB. I didn't make any assertions. Last thing I'm looking for is a fight.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on February 03, 2021, 08:16:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ah I see, you were just providing a bit of 5th form Twitter twaddle.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on February 03, 2021, 08:36:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I found it grimly amusing. You are at liberty not to. Goodnight.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on February 03, 2021, 08:48:18 pm by selby »
  BB, do you ever get the feeling that some on here are getting more bitchy as time passes?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #251 on February 03, 2021, 09:46:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
For sure SS. I've never known a situation like it where people are amused by gloom.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #252 on February 03, 2021, 10:51:48 pm by Not Now Kato »

The UK was doing just fine as part of the EU. So why don't those who didn't like it fcuk off somewhere else and leave us happy folk alone if they thought it was so bad?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on February 04, 2021, 12:55:56 am by tyke1962 »

The UK was doing just fine as part of the EU. So why don't those who didn't like it fcuk off somewhere else and leave us happy folk alone if they thought it was so bad?

Because there was a referendum and the result of that referendum concluded that we left the EU .

It's called democracy .

So wipe your tears away soft lad and accept it , the same as the rest of us have to accept every election or referendum we are on the wrong side of .

Your beginning to sound like one of Trump's mob .

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #254 on February 04, 2021, 08:08:57 am by Axholme Lion »
  BB, do you ever get the feeling that some on here are getting more bitchy as time passes?

Maybe because now the chickens are coming home to roost they are being proved wrong on many issues.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on February 04, 2021, 08:14:51 am by Ldr »

Because there was a referendum and the result of that referendum concluded that we left the EU .

It's called democracy .

So wipe your tears away soft lad and accept it , the same as the rest of us have to accept every election or referendum we are on the wrong side of .

Best response on here for a long time

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on February 04, 2021, 09:29:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So wipe your tears away soft lad and accept it , the same as the rest of us have to accept every election or referendum we are on the wrong side of.

Those who don't know their history, eh?

Within 8 years of the 1975 referendum, the Bennite Left that you so admire had taken over policymaking at the Labour party, and committed Labour to leaving the EEC in its 1983 Election manifesto.

It never stopped campaigning against our membership.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #257 on February 04, 2021, 09:32:06 am by Glyn_Wigley »

It's called democracy .

That doesn't answer why those who disliked the UK being in the EU didn't f**k off to somewhere they did like in the decades before the referendum..!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on February 04, 2021, 09:34:39 am by selby »
  Don't you like it now Glyn?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on February 04, 2021, 09:44:09 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I like it less than I did before, but then I don't subscribe to your pathetic black-and-whitist WUM attempts.

Didn't you leave the country when you didn't like it selby?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #260 on February 04, 2021, 09:55:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
People who are unhappy with the result of a democratic vote in the UK have a democratic right to object peacefully to the outcome, but demanding that the vote be overruled is beyond that democratic right. 

Those who don't like it have a right to f**k off and live somewhere where they can overrule a democratic vote.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #261 on February 04, 2021, 10:00:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Does that include peacefully campaigning for anotger vote? Only you've previously called that undemocratic.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on February 04, 2021, 10:00:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »
People who are unhappy with the result of a democratic vote in the UK have a democratic right to object peacefully to the outcome, but demanding that the vote be overruled is beyond that democratic right. 

Those who don't like it have a right to f**k off and live somewhere where they can overrule a democratic vote.

Who on here wanted it to be overruled? No-one as far as I recall.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on February 04, 2021, 10:13:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
BB.

Does that include peacefully campaigning for anotger vote? Only you've previously called that undemocratic.

You were campaigning for a revote. You were campaigning for the first vote to be scrapped before it was set in motion.

WE CAN'T ALLOW TRUMP-LIKE BEHAVIOUR TO OVERRULE OUR DEMOCRACY.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on February 04, 2021, 10:18:31 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That's my recollection too Glyn.

There WERE plenty of people wanting a democratic vote to confirm tat what people voted for in 2016 was what they actually supported. Most Brexit supporters howled in outrage at that, called it a betrayal of democracy and said "How dare you suggest that we didn't know what we were voting for!?!"

Well here's one prominent Brexit supporter from who didn't appear to understand what he was voting for.

This is him in 2016 assuring us that "No-one is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkof9CVerrQ

This is him in 2018 saying, "I don't understand why people are threatening our place in the Single Market."
https://www.businessinsider.com/senior-brexiteer-admits-leaving-eu-is-not-working-out-2018-5?r=US&IR=T

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #265 on February 04, 2021, 10:20:02 am by Glyn_Wigley »
BB.

You were campaigning for a revote. You were campaigning for the first vote to be scrapped before it was set in motion.

WE CAN'T ALLOW TRUMP-LIKE BEHAVIOUR TO OVERRULE OUR DEMOCRACY.

Not scrapped. Superceded. I'm sure you can understand the difference even when you pretend not to.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on February 04, 2021, 10:23:24 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Once again you entirely misunderstand what the choice was. I was NOT asking for a re-vote. I was asking for a vote to clarify what people actually wanted, once the options were clear, which they never had been in 2016. My stance ALWAYS was that the 2016 vote was flawed. Not because Remain lost. But because no-one (and I mean NO-ONE) had a clear idea what "Leave" actually meant. And as a result, the vote in 2016 (taken at a time when people like Hannan, Farage, Gove, Johnson etc were assuring us that "Leave" meant no change to our trading with the EU) had not in any possible way supported the eventual Leave that we ended up with.

For some unfathomable reason, Brexit supporters screamed that that was an outrageously undemocratic thing to suggest, and that it was a foul slur on the Leave voters to suggest that they didn't know what they were voting for.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #267 on February 04, 2021, 10:25:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Even as recently as last year, Leave supporters didn't seem to understand what sort of Brexit they had voted for. Johnson repeatedly insisted that Brexit wold not result in a customs border in the Irish Sea. That aged well didn't it?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on February 04, 2021, 10:29:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
To supersede is to replace.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on February 04, 2021, 10:33:41 am by Glyn_Wigley »
With something of equal validity.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012