Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:30:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Benefits Log  (Read 62478 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit Benefits Log
« Reply #930 on August 05, 2021, 09:25:38 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Not sure who would have said that HA, it's fairly obvious, to me at any rate that more labor freely available would not help wages, it may help employment but that's not the issue. Not sure what it would be based on either.

It was claimed over and again during and after the referendum Syd and it was also claimed on her when I raised it a couple of years ago.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #931 on August 05, 2021, 09:37:12 am by SydneyRover »
Not sure who would have said that HA, it's fairly obvious, to me at any rate that more labor freely available would not help wages, it may help employment but that's not the issue. Not sure what it would be based on either.

It was claimed over and again during and after the referendum Syd and it was also claimed on her when I raised it a couple of years ago.

That may be the case HA, but it's certainly not something I would say, it doesn't make any sense, the article is not making that case either as far as I can see. It is making the case that people said that those voting to leave are voting against their own interest and I think that is still the case for the many reasons that have already been well discussed.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #932 on August 05, 2021, 09:37:46 am by Glyn_Wigley »
This is an interesting and thought provoking article explaining how recent wage increases in industries that were heavily reliant (and often exploited) on EU Labour, provides us with proof that free movement of workers contributed to keeping salaries artificially low.

This was a claim that was, and continues to be, aggressively denied by EU supporters. However, the evidence seems to show the contrary. See what you think…,

https://unherd.com/2021/08/leavers-were-right-about-immigration/

Any competitive market will keep prices low, it isn't artificial, it's basic supply and demand.

However, now that wage prices would be back to what you would call 'normal', why can't I find any sprouts in the shops anywhere? Surely the good folks of Boston are jumping at the chance to earn the money picking them from the umpteen farms in the area..?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #933 on August 05, 2021, 11:32:37 am by selby »
  If the EU were a federal state which is the ultimate objective for many of the unelected leaders they have, and had the same minimum wage level as we do throughout all the member countries,  1) would we have the problems of economic workers coming from countries like Poland and Romania etc. 2)if our minimum wage allows these immigrants to come here and earn more than they can in their own country and send money home, are parts of the EU paying slave labour wages and 3) Shouldn't the Eu with the euro have the same minimum wage in all their member countries.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #934 on August 05, 2021, 11:53:41 am by SydneyRover »
  If the EU were a federal state which is the ultimate objective for many of the unelected leaders they have, and had the same minimum wage level as we do throughout all the member countries,  1) would we have the problems of economic workers coming from countries like Poland and Romania etc. 2)if our minimum wage allows these immigrants to come here and earn more than they can in their own country and send money home, are parts of the EU paying slave labour wages and 3) Shouldn't the Eu with the euro have the same minimum wage in all their member countries.

you are going to have to say which ones so we know what you're talking about selby and are you comparing it to the federal state of the UK?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #935 on August 05, 2021, 12:27:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If...if...if...if...if...if...if...

'If' selby made sense for once he might have a point.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #936 on August 06, 2021, 09:29:54 am by bobjimwilly »

maybe we should get our own house in order now we're out of the EU and look at our own unelected leaders
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lords

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #937 on August 06, 2021, 10:05:43 am by SydneyRover »
Yes bob, you'd think that should keep selby quiet for a day or two  :)

Not only are they unelected there is a sexist aspect to it.

''Membership was once an entitlement of all hereditary peers, other than those in the peerage of Ireland, but the House of Lords Act 1999 restricted it to 92 hereditary peers.[6] Since the resignation of the Countess of Mar in May 2020 (who had been the only female hereditary peer since 2014), none of these 92 is female. Most hereditary peerages can be inherited only by men.[7]

And if you travel a short distance to the end of The Mall you find more privileged unelected members of the community that can secretly lobby for financial advantage for themselves.

It's weird it should be located where the Mall meets Constitution Hill

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #938 on August 06, 2021, 11:50:28 am by selby »
  Well deflected lads, but not the subject, they are your questions, I didn't think for one minute you would answer simply.
  BB has you all wrapped up with your AHHHHHHHHH Butttttttttttts

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #939 on August 06, 2021, 11:58:32 am by SydneyRover »
  Well deflected lads, but not the subject, they are your questions, I didn't think for one minute you would answer simply.
  BB has you all wrapped up with your AHHHHHHHHH Butttttttttttts

1000 years of unelected pomposity and mad dog selby has nothing to say on the subject

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #940 on August 06, 2021, 12:07:22 pm by selby »
  It's about power Syd, people have been on about it for a thousand years, and when it was used by the electorate in a straight referendum you and your lot six years later have still not accepted it have you.
   Pot, Kettle, idiots.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #941 on August 06, 2021, 12:10:07 pm by SydneyRover »
  It's about power Syd, people have been on about it for a thousand years, and when it was used by the electorate in a straight referendum you and your lot six years later have still not accepted it have you.
   Pot, Kettle, idiots.

And still you have nothing to say about it selby, 1000 years and you moan about a few decades in the EU. Know your history, wasn't this one if your central arguments for leaving?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #942 on August 06, 2021, 12:26:52 pm by Axholme Lion »
This is an interesting and thought provoking article explaining how recent wage increases in industries that were heavily reliant (and often exploited) on EU Labour, provides us with proof that free movement of workers contributed to keeping salaries artificially low.

This was a claim that was, and continues to be, aggressively denied by EU supporters. However, the evidence seems to show the contrary. See what you think…,

https://unherd.com/2021/08/leavers-were-right-about-immigration/

The company which i deal with has just given pay rises to all it's warehouse and driving staff as many of the EU workers have gone home.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #943 on August 06, 2021, 12:43:23 pm by SydneyRover »
   Pot, Kettle, idiots.

this is not about the vote selby, you won enjoy, it's about the ramifications of the vote and your ignorance about your own parliamentary system.

Nearly 800 unelected members in the lords at the last count.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #944 on August 06, 2021, 01:53:24 pm by scawsby steve »
   Pot, Kettle, idiots.

this is not about the vote selby, you won enjoy, it's about the ramifications of the vote and your ignorance about your own parliamentary system.

I hope you're not criticising Baron Bullet of Bentley, and Squire Stephen of Scawsby, Sydney.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #945 on August 06, 2021, 02:38:14 pm by SydneyRover »
   Pot, Kettle, idiots.

I hope you're not criticising Baron Bullet of Bentley, and Squire Stephen of Scawsby, Sydney.

Certainly not Steve, I wouldn't dream of such a thing, but you have to admit that even selby must see the funny side of this, for years he's been using 'the great unelected' as a central plank of his argument and bjw has done him like a dinner in one fell swoop.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #946 on August 06, 2021, 03:37:54 pm by selby »
  Your a diamond face Syd you are all for democracy when it suits you. but not willing to accept a democratic vote six years later, just like a child sent to bed for being naughty.
  You have shown your colours and are trying to deflect away, poor form buddy.
     loads of AHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:40:04 pm by selby »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #947 on August 06, 2021, 03:41:26 pm by Axholme Lion »
   Pot, Kettle, idiots.

Certainly not Steve, I wouldn't dream of such a thing, but you have to admit that even selby must see the funny side of this, for years he's been using 'the great unelected' as a central plank of his argument and bjw has done him like a dinner in one fell swoop.

Hardly. The system in this country has been here in various forms for over a thousand years. The EU has sneakily tried to creep upon us over the past three decades as it has morphed from a trading block into a superstate. We were born into the British state, we were dragged into the EU.
3/10. Must try harder.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #948 on August 06, 2021, 04:02:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
We were born into an undemocratic British state.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #949 on August 06, 2021, 06:04:48 pm by selby »
  Easily remedied Glyn if you don't like it here go live somewhere else, if they will have you. There are twenty odd countries you admire just over the water, take your pick.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #950 on August 06, 2021, 06:50:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Easily remedied Glyn if you don't like it here go live somewhere else, if they will have you. There are twenty odd countries you admire just over the water, take your pick.

Why didn't you follow your own advice and bugger off when you didn't like living in the EU?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #951 on August 06, 2021, 07:00:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's quite pleasant on here when I'm not involved!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #952 on August 06, 2021, 07:25:03 pm by scawsby steve »

Why didn't you follow your own advice and bugger off when you didn't like living in the EU?

I noticed you censored yourself there, Glyn.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #953 on August 06, 2021, 07:56:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Yes, I bit my tongue there.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #954 on August 06, 2021, 07:57:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It's quite pleasant on here when I'm not involved!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is pleasant compared to when you stick your oar in.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #955 on August 06, 2021, 08:06:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's good coming from the most obnoxious mouthpiece on the forum by a country mile!

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #956 on August 06, 2021, 08:55:05 pm by belton rover »
Another benefit of Brexit.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #957 on August 06, 2021, 09:27:34 pm by selby »
  Well Glyn I still have a place over in Turkey buddy, but I like it here, hows the tongue? that could be sore.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 09:35:32 pm by selby »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #958 on August 06, 2021, 10:57:50 pm by SydneyRover »
   Pot, Kettle, idiots.

And still you have nothing to say about it selby, 1000 years and you moan about a few decades in the EU. Know your history, wasn't this one if your central arguments for leaving?

Your a diamond face Syd you are all for democracy when it suits you. but not willing to accept a democratic vote six years later, just like a child sent to bed for being naughty.
  You have shown your colours and are trying to deflect away, poor form buddy.
     loads of AHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Still nothing selby, this is not a branch meeting of the tory party with a lot of backslapping where if it is said more than twice it becomes lore, you have been hung out to dry well and truly and you can't face up to that fact.

The vote is done move on, accept you are still stuck in year one parliamentary history and come back a grown up.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #959 on August 06, 2021, 11:12:49 pm by SydneyRover »
That's good coming from the most obnoxious mouthpiece on the forum by a country mile!

Mirror mirror on the wall who drinks piss then abuses all  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012