Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:09:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Benefits Log  (Read 62482 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit Benefits Log
« Reply #1020 on August 12, 2021, 05:01:26 pm by normal rules »
For job roles such as HGV and Police we should be training up soldiers about to leave the army, to give them the future they have earned, rather than leaving them to become homeless.

I get the sentiment AL. But some soldiers would never make cops just like some cops would never make soldiers.
Soldiers getting jobs as drivers though is pretty on point. Many do. I know of ex squaddies and ex cops who drive for a living. Not just trucks, but taxis and delivery stuff too. Problem is getting the training for those without c or c+e status.
When I left the forces some of my mates went down the hazmat route (or whatever it is called these days ) Driving tankers and the like. It was always rumoured to be very good money doing that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1021 on August 12, 2021, 05:26:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So potentially, Glyn, 100,000 new jobs with excellent pay! You’re good at this Brexit benefit lark, aren’t you?

The only problem is, you can't just get HGV drivers off the street. Where are they going to come from, and how is stuff going to get delivered while we're waiting for them all to get qualified?

If you haven't got an answer to that you're not very good at this Brexit lark, are you?
You’re not very good at coming up with your own phrases are you?

It was your Brexit benefit, not mine.

No solution to your supposed 'benefit' I notice. Of course.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1022 on August 12, 2021, 06:09:45 pm by belton rover »
It wasn’t my benefit, Glyn, it was yours. I just pointed it out to you. It’s not up to me to put meat on your Brexit benefit bones.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1023 on August 12, 2021, 06:19:18 pm by selby »
  It is the transport companies fault for the shortage of HGV drivers,not training them themselves over the years.
  They have been quite happy to employ foreign drivers who in a lot of cases have not had the training required to get a licence in this country, and have been a source of cheap labour for the industry and kept the wage structure artificially low for years which is now being highlighted, and in some cases have been a danger to the public on the roads.
  Like other trades they will have to start to train their own employees now, and stop feeding off other companies that subsidise the training of skilled workers, and an opportunity for British workers to earn a good living wage.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1024 on August 12, 2021, 06:50:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It wasn’t my benefit, Glyn, it was yours. I just pointed it out to you. It’s not up to me to put meat on your Brexit benefit bones.

You said it was a benefit, not me. It isn't. You justify it.

But you won't, because you can't.

Cue blather response.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1025 on August 12, 2021, 08:16:23 pm by belton rover »
Sorry Glyn, but if you can’t back up your own Brexit benefits, then they don’t count.
Try again.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1026 on August 12, 2021, 08:33:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So you agree it's not a benefit then. Good.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #1027 on August 12, 2021, 08:51:35 pm by Metalmicky »
For job roles such as HGV and Police we should be training up soldiers about to leave the army, to give them the future they have earned, rather than leaving them to become homeless.

I get the sentiment AL. But some soldiers would never make cops just like some cops would never make soldiers.
Soldiers getting jobs as drivers though is pretty on point. Many do. I know of ex squaddies and ex cops who drive for a living. Not just trucks, but taxis and delivery stuff too. Problem is getting the training for those without c or c+e status.
When I left the forces some of my mates went down the hazmat route (or whatever it is called these days ) Driving tankers and the like. It was always rumoured to be very good money doing that.

My neighbour (ex RLC) did this for quite a few years but gave it up when he had paid off his mortgage and he didn't need to do it............he now drives a disability bus for the council part time and lives off his pension.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1028 on August 12, 2021, 09:15:57 pm by belton rover »

You put a Brexit benefit on here and then get upset when you can’t explain why it’s a benefit. Then you say it’s not a benefit.

WUM

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1029 on August 12, 2021, 09:37:58 pm by wilts rover »
All them foreigners coming over here picking our fruit and veg and delivering our food. B****ds.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1030 on August 12, 2021, 10:49:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You put a Brexit benefit on here and then get upset when you can’t explain why it’s a benefit. Then you say it’s not a benefit.

WUM

You think being short of 100,000 HGV drivers is a benefit? I certainly don't and have consistently said so.

If you try - yet again - to pretend that I've been giving a benefit we'll all know who the WUM is.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1031 on August 12, 2021, 11:01:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It will be a benefit to those 100,000 who get jobs as HGV drivers.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1032 on August 12, 2021, 11:14:35 pm by SydneyRover »
well, yes

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1033 on August 13, 2021, 12:06:53 am by belton rover »
There you go Glyn - even our Sydney thinks it’s a benefit.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1034 on August 13, 2021, 09:40:49 am by Glyn_Wigley »
There you go Glyn - even our Sydney thinks it’s a benefit.

I posted the non-benefit side of this:

The only problem is, you can't just get HGV drivers off the street. Where are they going to come from, and how is stuff going to get delivered while we're waiting for them all to get qualified?

Which absolutely no-one has answered. Especially you. No doubt you still won't answer it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1035 on August 13, 2021, 09:42:44 am by Glyn_Wigley »

It's not a benefit to the country as a whole.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1036 on August 13, 2021, 09:56:40 am by SydneyRover »
There is no net benefit, there is not a need for truckies due to increased trade it's because so many have chuffed off. When every job is filled there will no net gain to production it will only go towards filling the huge hole.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1037 on August 13, 2021, 10:22:29 am by Bentley Bullet »

It's not a benefit to the country as a whole.
It will reduce unemployment therefore it will be a benefit to the country as a whole.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1038 on August 13, 2021, 10:54:17 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I mean we could just train up our unemployed as drivers, offer it as an option for school leavers etc couldn't we?

We could also treat the drivers we do have a little better couldn't we?  Financially they make a very good wage but the unsocial hours and treatment could be far better.  Perhaps we need to be less reliant on cheap immigrant workforces and train up our population to fulfil skills we need.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1039 on August 13, 2021, 11:09:25 am by belton rover »
I mean we could just train up our unemployed as drivers, offer it as an option for school leavers etc couldn't we?

We could also treat the drivers we do have a little better couldn't we?  Financially they make a very good wage but the unsocial hours and treatment could be far better.  Perhaps we need to be less reliant on cheap immigrant workforces and train up our population to fulfil skills we need.

All good, positive points. Sometimes when options (cheaper ones, in this case) are removed, then it can be for the greater good.

But it won’t be a quick fix. Mentalities of employers and potential employees would need to change - that will take time. Bur who said Brexit would be a short term, quick fix?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1040 on August 13, 2021, 07:34:28 pm by normal rules »
There jobs a plenty in Lincolnshire. For the first time ever, one of the local big veg producers (Clements) have a big advertising hoarding near their factory in Wrangle wanting food processing operatives and tractor drivers.    They have never needed to advertise before in this way. Sign of the times I guess.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1041 on August 14, 2021, 08:46:01 am by Not Now Kato »

All good, positive points. Sometimes when options (cheaper ones, in this case) are removed, then it can be for the greater good.

But it won’t be a quick fix. Mentalities of employers and potential employees would need to change - that will take time. Bur who said Brexit would be a short term, quick fix?

Many people during the leave campaign.  Not least of all David Davis, Brexit Minister - “there will be no downside to Brexit at all, and considerable upsides”.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1042 on August 14, 2021, 08:59:34 am by SydneyRover »
Let's take back control .................

If anyone offered a deal such as brexit to a business, we're going to take you away from your major market and give you enough paperwork to keep you busy for a couple of years, give your competitors the chance to grab your customers .............

ooh yes please, do it now

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1043 on August 14, 2021, 09:18:18 am by belton rover »

Many people during the leave campaign.  Not least of all David Davis, Brexit Minister - “there will be no downside to Brexit at all, and considerable upsides”.

Not. I can’t shake of this nagging feeling that you don’t really want to hear about any Brexit benefits.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1044 on August 14, 2021, 10:28:05 pm by Not Now Kato »

Not. I can’t shake of this nagging feeling that you don’t really want to hear about any Brexit benefits.

You are so wrong Belton.  I can't wait to here all these benefits we've achieved.  After all, we were promised so much.  Got any to report?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1045 on August 14, 2021, 10:32:26 pm by Not Now Kato »

If anyone offered a deal such as brexit to a business, we're going to take you away from your major market and give you enough paperwork to keep you busy for a couple of years, give your competitors the chance to grab your customers .............

Problem is SR, people who have been conned typically find it very hard to admit they've been conned. Happens all the time - which is of great benefit to the conmen.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1046 on August 14, 2021, 11:13:29 pm by belton rover »

You are so wrong Belton.  I can't wait to here all these benefits we've achieved.  After all, we were promised so much.  Got any to report?
LOL

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1047 on August 14, 2021, 11:40:42 pm by SydneyRover »

Problem is SR, people who have been conned typically find it very hard to admit they've been conned. Happens all the time - which is of great benefit to the conmen.

It's either that, or as billy said they didn't know they've been had. Now of course we are all stuck with a government that doesn't know what to do next a government that needs scientists to tell them the difference between shit and clay and yet still grab handfuls of the wrong stuff.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1048 on August 15, 2021, 08:47:23 am by Not Now Kato »

LOL

LOL? Ah, yes, leave voters believed Lots Of Lies.....  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/list-of-brexit-lies&ved=2ahUKEwjJ4r3zwbLyAhUMTsAKHcTbDvwQFnoECDQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2dLeP7mRn5yCO5DsETowAn&cshid=1629013548222

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1049 on August 15, 2021, 10:28:25 am by belton rover »

LOL

LOL? Ah, yes, leave voters believed Lots Of Lies.....  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/list-of-brexit-lies&ved=2ahUKEwjJ4r3zwbLyAhUMTsAKHcTbDvwQFnoECDQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2dLeP7mRn5yCO5DsETowAn&cshid=1629013548222
lol

TinyPortal © 2005-2012