Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:55:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: WOW  (Read 2646 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: WOW
« Reply #30 on April 09, 2024, 10:59:11 pm by scawsby steve »
How many league goals has Joe scored from open play now?

Someone on here might be getting a bit anxious.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 09, 2024, 10:59:28 pm by Butchers Red »
Joe Ironside - MOM for me, his first half goal line clearance was outstanding and then his Goal - battled his socks off all night long.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 09, 2024, 11:01:08 pm by GazLaz »

10 I think. Hope he ends the season on 20.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 09, 2024, 11:08:02 pm by Campsall rover »
Grant need to get some rest into the the lads thankfully we are at home on sat so no long bus journey
Yes we looked tired first half (not surprised as they’ve all given everything the last 6 games)
I feel this is where the crowd comes in, the players need a big atmosphere now to carry them through, give them that extra few percent of energy.

Thought the South Stand were poor tonight until we scored.

Thank goodness we have players who can keep on it despite the silence.

We won ugly, scoring two goals from nothing and would agree re Maxwell and Sterry who were the standout, cool headed players tonight.

Pleased for Joe to score a much needed goal and who thought Adelakuns chance had gone before he stuck his head into where it could be hurt?

Buzzing. 4 bloody points.
Unfortunately we only got 3 DBR   ;)

Well I said we will scrape over the line tonight with our momentum and belief. That’s exactly what happened

Could have been 2 nil down in the 1st 6/7 mins. Walsall did to us what we did to Morecambe in the 1st 30 mins but the difference is we scored 2 goals & Walsall failed to score.

We then scored a good goal, great run and cross from Molly and Joe in the right place to finish.
We then wrestled control and in the 2nd half I thought we were the team in the ascendancy.
A fantastic ball from Sterry which Haka took brilliantly and scored at 2nd attempt sealed the win.
Barring a bit of a scare when Walsall scored with 3 mins of added time remaining.

A really gritty performance from the team tonight.
Jamie Sterry take a bow. What a fantastic performance and my m.o.m tonight.

Joe Olowu again tremendous, Maxwell excellent and what a run that he nearly scored from.
Any one who can say Ironside is on the beach I think that was answered emphatically with a superb display of hold up play, and work rate and knowing how to manage a game.
What a brilliant signing he has been for us.

The dream is on with Crawley defeat. The odds are still against us but if Crawley slip up this Saturday and we win then I make us favourites to pull off a quite remarkable feat.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 09, 2024, 11:29:48 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I think there were a few nerves out there to start with tonight, from the team & the crowd.

The stiff wind played its part with two excellent corners placed right under the bar. How the one that hit the far post & then the cross bar before bouncing onto the goal line stayed out I’ll never know! But, we weathered the storm (no pun intended) & grew into the game bit by bit.

Joe got in front of his man to put away the cross from Moly after a great run down the right by him & beating his man to whip the low cross back into the box.

Start of the second half we immediately made the best of the stiff breeze at our backs & I would love to see a replay of Adelukan’s ‘goal’ given offside after a great pass by Ironside.

Again there seems to be some weird decisions given by the Lino’s on that West Stand side. I think the ref seemed to lose the plot a bit too with a booking for Adelukan fo kicking the ball away but no admonishment for the Walsall player who did the same thing on two separate occasions!

That pass from Sterry to Adelukan from all of 40 yards was sublime then for Adelukan to finish with a touch with two defenders on him followed by a brave header (for which ne got a the keepers fist in the mouth for) to knock it past the keeper & make it 2-0 put us in 7th heaven (pun intended!).

They’d made us sweat with that late goal but hey, another home game coming up Saturday against Accy then again against Barrow, let’s see where we get to but wherever it ends up, these past dozen or more games have certainly whetted our appetite for what’s to come under Grants’ guidance.

I think I’ve covered everything!

Oh nearly forgot. That was Joe’s 15th league goal this season. His biggest ever return. Well done that man & more of the same please.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 09, 2024, 11:31:04 pm by Donnywolf »
Incredible to think we lost many many games and when we lost 5 0 to Morecambe I and many others thought we wouldn't win 7 more games in our history

Now we are applauding over hit passes or poor shots

That's progress

This is a great time to be a Rovets fan

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 09, 2024, 11:36:41 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Incredible to think we lost many many games and when we lost 5 0 to Morecambe I and many others thought we wouldn't win 7 more games in our history

Now we are applauding over hit passes or poor shots

That's progress

This is a great time to be a Rovets fan

And after the Stockport game knockers couldn't see us winning another match the rest of the season’!

Funny old game.

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 09, 2024, 11:41:51 pm by thumper »
Jamie Sterry, is he Cruyff or Hoddle
What a pass to Haks
He has been awesome last few weeks
Thought our 2 fullbacks were our best players tonight . We were miles off it , especially compared to recent performances, we rode our luck early doors but took our chances. Disappointing to concede , keeper at fault but job done

Sterry and Maxwell were excellent.
agree, Maxwell keeps getting better and better. Sterry is showing how good he can be too

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 09, 2024, 11:47:51 pm by drfchound »
I think there were a few nerves out there to start with tonight, from the team & the crowd.

The stiff wind played its part with two excellent corners placed right under the bar. How the one that hit the far post & then the cross bar before bouncing onto the goal line stayed out I’ll never know! But, we weathered the storm (no pun intended) & grew into the game bit by bit.

Joe got in front of his man to put away the cross from Moly after a great run down the right by him & beating his man to whip the low cross back into the box.

Start of the second half we immediately made the best of the stiff breeze at our backs & I would love to see a replay of Adelukan’s ‘goal’ given offside after a great pass by Ironside.

Again there seems to be some weird decisions given by the Lino’s on that West Stand side. I think the ref seemed to lose the plot a bit too with a booking for Adelukan fo kicking the ball away but no admonishment for the Walsall player who did the same thing on two separate occasions!

That pass from Sterry to Adelukan from all of 40 yards was sublime then for Adelukan to finish with a touch with two defenders on him followed by a brave header (for which ne got a the keepers fist in the mouth for) to knock it past the keeper & make it 2-0 put us in 7th heaven (pun intended!).

They’d made us sweat with that late goal but hey, another home game coming up Saturday against Accy then again against Barrow, let’s see where we get to but wherever it ends up, these past dozen or more games have certainly whetted our appetite for what’s to come under Grants’ guidance.

Oh nearly forgot. That was Joe’s 15th league goal this season. His biggest ever return. Well done that man & more of the same please.

Colin, I’m going for Scawsby Steve’s pedantry title here mate.
Mollys run and cross for the first goal was down the left side, not the right.

As for the disallowed goal, I am fairly sure that it was Ironside who was flagged offside when he received the ball before setting up Hacks for the finish.
I might be wrong but that was how I saw it.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 10, 2024, 12:05:49 am by Colin C No.3 »
Definitely accept I got my right from my left mixed up there hound.

The offside, Joe may have been the one flagged up but I’d still like to see a replay.

All’s well that ends well!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 10, 2024, 12:07:57 am by drfchound »
Yes, me too.
The highlights I have seen don’t show it.
Maybe someone will post a clip of it in the next day or two.

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 10, 2024, 12:52:09 am by DRFC_TID_93 »
Grant need to get some rest into the the lads thankfully we are at home on sat so no long bus journey
Yes we looked tired first half (not surprised as they’ve all given everything the last 6 games)
I feel this is where the crowd comes in, the players need a big atmosphere now to carry them through, give them that extra few percent of energy.

Thought the South Stand were poor tonight until we scored.

Thank goodness we have players who can keep on it despite the silence.

We won ugly, scoring two goals from nothing and would agree re Maxwell and Sterry who were the standout, cool headed players tonight.

Pleased for Joe to score a much needed goal and who thought Adelakuns chance had gone before he stuck his head into where it could be hurt?

Buzzing. 4 bloody points.
Unfortunately we only got 3 DBR   ;)

Well I said we will scrape over the line tonight with our momentum and belief. That’s exactly what happened

Could have been 2 nil down in the 1st 6/7 mins. Walsall did to us what we did to Morecambe in the 1st 30 mins but the difference is we scored 2 goals & Walsall failed to score.

We then scored a good goal, great run and cross from Molly and Joe in the right place to finish.
We then wrestled control and in the 2nd half I thought we were the team in the ascendancy.
A fantastic ball from Sterry which Haka took brilliantly and scored at 2nd attempt sealed the win.
Barring a bit of a scare when Walsall scored with 3 mins of added time remaining.

A really gritty performance from the team tonight.
Jamie Sterry take a bow. What a fantastic performance and my m.o.m tonight.

Joe Olowu again tremendous, Maxwell excellent and what a run that he nearly scored from.
Any one who can say Ironside is on the beach I think that was answered emphatically with a superb display of hold up play, and work rate and knowing how to manage a game.
What a brilliant signing he has been for us.

The dream is on with Crawley defeat. The odds are still against us but if Crawley slip up this Saturday and we win then I make us favourites to pull off a quite remarkable feat.

Interesting the main focus is on Crawley, meanwhile Barrow have a tough away trip to Gillingham, a tougher away trip to Crawley, then a showdown with us. There's every chance by the end of that game, we're level on points, and they've then got 2 tricky home games against Bradford and Mansfield, not impossible to say they struggle more than Crawley would

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 10, 2024, 05:41:36 am by Colin C No.3 »

10 I think. Hope he ends the season on 20.

Can’t believe I missed this ‘little gem’ last night.

10 you THINK! You bloody well KNOW it is!

I THINK you mean ‘Yes it is & I did say at the beginning of the year that he wouldn’t, being the silly little arrogant c**t (to use your phraseology) that I am’.

Would that be 20 from open play or are you counting penalties now too?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:45:02 am by Colin C No.3 »

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 10, 2024, 02:57:04 pm by LincsRover »

Sorry Colin, I mentioned in another thread I hadn’t seen anyone mention Sterry’s pass to Adelukan, then I found this! You’re right though, unbelievable pass and great finish!! :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012