Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:17:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: North West Corner Singing Section  (Read 3458 times)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
Re: North West Corner Singing Section
« Reply #30 on December 09, 2011, 08:45:40 pm by Berkshire Rover »
As has been pointed out it is about choice, and about supporting the team,I do believe a noisy atmosphere has an impact on team performance. So let everybody make their own mind up and act accordingly.

:rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 10, 2011, 02:32:11 am by Mr1Croft »
Huddersfield are currently trying something similar, if they play opposition that isn't going to be a huge away following (As I found out going to watch Stevenage there a couple of months back) they opened up that stand for a better atmosphere, and the crowd respsonded, loads of terrier fans crammed in, the only problem was; it was 90% teenagers and it was silent untill Stevenage missed a 90 minute penalty which would have made it 2-2. They were outsung by 300 boro fans and this was a specific 'singing area'.

That said, it doesn't mean we can't try this idea, we have asked for it for a long time now and it seems like the constant debates on here a season of two back, and we may finally be getting somewhere, however we couldn't pull a decent crowd last season against premiership wolves and we were doing relatively well in the league then, I can't seem to imagine this game attracting more than 8000 fans, which will be 7000 Rovers fans, the other problem is when we go to away games and take a big following and it is still unreserved seating, sometimes the atmosphere never really kicks off, I have found the weather a contributing factor and how well the team is playing.

Also there is the issue of the drummer, he has one designated spot in the south stand, and I recall recently this season a second drum being told it couldn't be used in the same place (in front of barrier) at the opposite side of the stairs. There isn't this kind of room in the West Stand, and the only place is the disability sections close to the concourse tunnels about half way up, not entirely a ideal choice for a game that needs atmosphere, personally I don't think we should have a drum at the Keepmoat, but it does generate more voices and claps.

In my opinion we need Rovers to market this game and this section as much as possible using the DROS, facebook, and maybe we have enough time for some flyers? It's okay setting up the arrangements but we need bodies for this to work. It's not impossible but I can't see it being any more a sucess than Ian Duncan Smith. That said it could be something to build on to allow DRFC to consider it for the future.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 10, 2011, 09:50:40 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Let's hope the club will really push this section, I'll get as many as I can in there and hopefully they'll make a point of announcing it well and saying standing may occur so that we don't end up with people complaining that we've set this thing up and they don't want people standing and shouting near them.  Let's hope we can open this area up and get 3-4 blocks full of people who want to sing for 90 minutes and stand.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 10, 2011, 12:48:59 pm by donnyallday »
The chances of standing for 90 minutes are zilch

The safety officer will not allow that as its against the rules, you know it and i know it :silly:

Sorry to point out the obvious.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012