Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:34:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bet Bogle plays Sat  (Read 5733 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Bet Bogle plays Sat
« Reply #30 on December 03, 2021, 04:14:49 pm by BobG »
Re your final paragraph Sammy: you mean like Bogle??

Bob

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 03, 2021, 04:37:40 pm by ravenrover »
Not match fit says G Mc

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 03, 2021, 04:40:56 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I%u2019d play him. Ok he%u2019s not the saviour or anything like that but you%u2019d think he%u2019d be fired up to prove a point we know he can be a handful. If he can%u2019t get fired up then it%u2019ll prove Wellens was right.

We all know long term he ain%u2019t the answer but between now and Jan if he%u2019s got a bit of fight in him he could make a difference

Williams is rubbish even Moore didn%u2019t bother with him think there%u2019s no hope with that one.
Why was Bogle not fired up when the season was about to start. If he cannot be arsed then I think he will still be the same now.  He conned DM into a good contract or are they best buddies.

I do not want to see him in a Rovers shirt again. It is players like him that have dragged the standard downwards. Not just talking ability here I am talking attitude. 
We need all the players playing for the shirt and a unified dressing room.

RW was right to do what he did. We do not need bad apples around the club. 

If any of you saw him at Harrogate then you would know what I am talking about. RW gave him the chance and he threw it back in his face.

I agree he needs to go and I’m not bothered Wellens froze him out really. But now is a chance to get something out of him. Desperate times and all that.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 03, 2021, 05:07:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
Trained with the youth team since left out. The meeting on Monday will discuss both of them according to MccSheffrey along with other players

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 03, 2021, 05:10:24 pm by danumdon »
If GMcS says he's not match fit then he would be even worse than when he last played!

Anyone care to remind us what he brought to the team alongside his sparkling atitude.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 03, 2021, 05:14:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
If GMcS says he's not match fit then he would be even worse than when he last played!

Anyone care to remind us what he brought to the team alongside his sparkling atitude.

Danum I’m not sure it’s about Match fitness he said they will be discussed in the meeting on Monday along with other things.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 03, 2021, 05:53:43 pm by danumdon »

Danum I’m not sure it’s about Match fitness he said they will be discussed in the meeting on Monday along with other things.

Well unless he's been moonlighting for Melchester United i think that covers the match fitness section. Next.

Going to be a short meeting.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 03, 2021, 06:22:39 pm by The Beast »
It’s an impossibility for him to be match fit as we haven’t got a team for him to play in, hence he’s played no matches.
 :chair:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 03, 2021, 06:26:00 pm by Alan Southstand »
Was he match fit at all?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 03, 2021, 06:36:02 pm by steve@dcfd »

Well unless he's been moonlighting for Melchester United i think that covers the match fitness section. Next.

Going to be a short meeting.

The meeting is with hierarchy (his words) to discuss all players Bogle and Williams being part of it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on December 06, 2021, 11:41:19 am by Bentley Bullet »
Who said Bogle and Williams were bad influences?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 06, 2021, 11:42:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You haven't been paying attention BB. Several people in here have just accepted it as a given, because, why else would Wellens have sidelined them?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 06, 2021, 11:50:23 am by Bentley Bullet »
I thought he sidelined Bogle because he didn't play as instructed, therefore was detrimental to the team. I don't know about Williams other than not impressing.

I certainly can't have been paying attention to anyone of any importance who has said they were a bad influence. Perhaps you can show me?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 06, 2021, 11:50:57 am by normal rules »
The truth is , we may never know exactly what has gone off between bogle and Wellens and the rest of the playing staff.
When DM left, it may be the case that Bogle threw his dummy out. We may never know without admissions from the player himself or those close to him.
His footballing ability has clearly been questioned as RW went very public with it.
Since the very public sidelining , bogle has clearly had a choice in how he conducts himself. It is positive that he has engaged well with the youth team. Maybe he had his eye on a future after drfc and thought it was best he continued in a positive vein.
If he were to return to the first team,  and play well/ score, then it will go some way to vindicate the departure of RW.
We shall see.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 06, 2021, 11:52:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I didn't say "anyone of importance" BB. I was talking about opinions in here. I'm sure you can find examples for yourself.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on December 06, 2021, 11:57:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
No, sorry, can't find any.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 06, 2021, 11:58:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
NR.
I still don't get why there's this speculation about Bogle's attitude.

Wellens clearly and unambiguously criticised his ability and his decision not to leave. It would be strange for him to have done that, but refrained from criticising Bogle's attitude if there was a problem with that.

Occam's Razor suggests a much simpler reason for the sidelining. Wellens was pissed off with the pair of them for not leaving and decided to exclude them. It fits with what we know of the facts and it doesn't need any other surmises about what might or might not have happened.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 06, 2021, 11:58:52 am by BillyStubbsTears »
No, sorry, can't find any.
Try a bit harder then. You'll get there in the end.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 06, 2021, 12:09:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The thing is BST, just like the way your political mind works, you cannot and will not accept anyone else's opinion that goes against yours. Wellens was appointed manager, against your wishes, and ever since you have trawled for reasons to prove you were right.

Sad really, and what makes it sadder is you having to resort to defending a substandard player who is likely to not get any better, in an attempt at criticising Wellens.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 06, 2021, 12:18:46 pm by normal rules »
Bogles decision to stay at the club, under contract, which I fully accept and understand was clearly his. And perhaps that of his agent.
Wellens tried to move him on, unsuccessfully.
Bogles decision is inextricably linked to his attitude at that time. By definition.
I’m not using attitude in a negative way, purely objectively.
Our own decisions are influenced by our own attitudes. ( amongst other things)
Attitude - a settled way of thinking or feeling about something
Bogles “attitude” was in direct conflict with Wellens’. Bogle did not feel it was right to move on to another club. Even if it meant he did not play first team football.
That’s not speculation or surmising.
That’s fact.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 06, 2021, 12:19:42 pm by Filo »
The thing is BST, just like the way your political mind works, you cannot and will not accept anyone else's opinion that goes against yours. Wellens was appointed manager, against your wishes, and ever since you have trawled for reasons to prove you were right.

Sad really, and what makes it sadder is you having to resort to defending a substandard player who is likely to not get any better, in an attempt at criticising Wellens.

Perhaps you could leave your obsession with a poster in off topic where you have spoiled it for everyone else by being Tommy Opposite

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 06, 2021, 12:26:11 pm by drfchound »
Bogle and Wellens may well have had a fall out but now RW has gone there is a clean slate for OB and if he wants to, he can try to resurrect his career.
For his and our sake, I hope he pulls it off.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on December 06, 2021, 12:26:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Filo. Have you actually done any research on what you have just said? Are you actually saying that I disagree with BST more than he disagrees with me?

All the evidence is in the history of this forum.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 06, 2021, 12:33:42 pm by Cramby10 »
I thought he sidelined Bogle because he didn't play as instructed, therefore was detrimental to the team. I don't know about Williams other than not impressing.

I certainly can't have been paying attention to anyone of any importance who has said they were a bad influence. Perhaps you can show me?
but Wellens had since called out all the other players, he signed most of them, for not playing to instruction also. He didn’t banish them to the sidelines. I think it says more about Wellens than Bogle to me.
The bloke was a toxic bully and we are most definitely best rid of him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 06, 2021, 12:36:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Your obsession with how you think I think is leading you astray yet again BB.

My point is that there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that Bogle and Williams have been a bad influence at the club. Yet several people on here have jumped to the conclusion that they must have been, in order to explain Wellens's decision.

Regarding Wellens, I wanted him to succeed from the off, as of course I want every Rovers manager to succeed. But I had doubts about his suitability as should anyone who remembered him refusing to play for the club at the end of his time here. The way he spun that in his interview with Hoden about the Bogle situation set massive alarm bells ringing for me. He put himself forward as a decent old pro who had reached the end of the line and made the right decision for all concerned by leaving. He didn't mention the fact that a few weeks earlier, he had refused to play for the club, leading as straight a pro as Rob Jones to say that it was up to Wellens to decide if he wanted to play for the club, and to prove himself a positive influence. That was disingenuous at best and it did leave me massively questioning Wellens's credibility.

As I say, I very much wanted him to be a resounding success. (Shouldn't really need to say that of course, but the way this place is these days...) But he wasn't. And given how things have planned out, I won't hide the fact I'm relieved he's gone and we can start afresh.

Finally, I have no axe to grind for Bogle. He's a poor player. He just happens to be better than the alternatives that Wellens signed. As ever, I want the best for the Rovers, and I don't see how we are getting the best by playing kids who are several levels below the standard required, while excluding a player who, however limited, is better than them.

Clear enough for you now?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 06, 2021, 12:45:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »

but Wellens had since called out all the other players, he signed most of them, for not playing to instruction also. He didn’t banish them to the sidelines. I think it says more about Wellens than Bogle to me.
The bloke was a toxic bully and we are most definitely best rid of him.
He hasn't called out ALL the other players, and he could hardly have banished all of them if he had! I'm not aware of Wellens criticising any of the senior players, other than Bogle, who maybe he thought should have known better.

We don't really know what has happened behind the scenes, and the point I am making is that to come to a conclusion that suits an agenda is the wrong way to go about it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on December 06, 2021, 12:48:19 pm by roversdude »
BB he had a public dig at Taylor saying he should be playing through the pain. That on top of some of the abuse the players got from the sidelines I really felt for AJ one game

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 06, 2021, 12:48:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Well all I can say is Bogles attitude did not look good in the Pre season friendly at Harrogate.
He was not making the runs that RW was screaming at him to make.
He lost patience with him that day and it has been down hill between the 2 of them from then onwards it would seem.
RW was also screaming at Louis Jones regarding distribution throughout the match also.

Simon Weaver was actually looking a bit embarrassed by Wellens antics on the touch line.
Nothing changed once the season got underway regarding the way RW behaved.
He was hindering the players performance not helping imo.
He was almost a clone of Fatty Evans with his antics and bad language.

No I was delighted when he got the job but I was even more delighted when he got the sack.

He had little or no man management skills from what i perceive.
He had the board fooled and most of us. Massive mistake in hindsight. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 12:52:11 pm by Campsall rover »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 06, 2021, 12:56:52 pm by GazLaz »
They were obviously sidelined to (in RWs mind) increase the chances of them leaving in January thus freeing up funds. I’m pretty sure he never said they were bad influences.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012