Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:26:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dull v TLOD  (Read 12509 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Dull v TLOD
« Reply #90 on December 02, 2020, 07:54:07 pm by drfchound »
Sick of watching us have no clear plan going forward. I think we've been worked out now and Darren Moore needs to show he can adapt, and change our approach.

We've barely had a shot again. It must be four or five league games on the spin without a meaningful shot on target in the first half. What's it all about?

I have to agree with that RA.
Someone said to me that DM isn’t a good tactical manager but he might just be a lucky one.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on December 02, 2020, 07:54:11 pm by glosterred »

Wilks goes down with the slightest touch again and gets Halliday booked for doing very little.

We use to cheer him when he did that for us

COYR

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on December 02, 2020, 07:54:15 pm by jmt23 »
im not so sure Hull have got out of first gear, we are not playing well at the moment. It was noticeable that Whiteman was playing almost as a centre back in the first 15 mins, and we controlled the game better, he then went wandering up the pitch and we lost that control. The defenders do see the pass, but are too scared, or to slow to make it so we end up with a to you, to me situation between the defence, then back to the keeper.

Passing and control form all players has been the worst I have seen for some time, and Hull are not in their faces, so it is not their pressure.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on December 02, 2020, 07:55:07 pm by drfchound »
Very one sided first half. Hull look very strong

Possession 53%  : 47% to Hull

Our possession though is between our centre halves and our goalie

That is often the case.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on December 02, 2020, 07:55:21 pm by eastender »
Their commentator said "it's like watching a Champions League premier team playing against a bottom 3 team"

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on December 02, 2020, 07:55:35 pm by dickos1 »
James and John
Simply not good enough

WTF.?

We are up against a good side - neither of them have done much wrong.??

They’ve given the ball away almost every time they’ve had it.
That’s simply not good enough

To be fair if we were 9-0 down I’m pretty sure you’d be telling us all we’ve played well

John has made several clearances from dangerous positions.

I will always defend players if they give their best, or if they are being unnecessarily made scapegoats..

Hull are top of the league for a reason.  Yes we need to up our game second half, but we have done that before..

So what if I look for positives.?  You always only seem to look for negatives.. maybe you should switch allegiances to Peterborough..

That’s a very lazy response
Wouldn't take you long to realise most of my posts aren’t negative

But if we’re not playing well there’s no reason to try and pretend that we are

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on December 02, 2020, 07:55:57 pm by swain_drfc »
Guaranteed that Halliday will get a red this half. I hope I’m wrong

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on December 02, 2020, 07:57:32 pm by Barmby Rover »
What is the matter with our strategy for the first half of games? We seem to think that teams will lay down and allow Rovers to play pretty football building slowly with us taking a chance occasionally. It is going to take a DM boost at half time to wake players up again if Rovers get anything out of this game. That shouldn't have to happen, we should be taking the game to teams like Hull with pace and putting them on a back foot. There seems to be too much respect given to all teams who play us.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on December 02, 2020, 07:58:10 pm by colincramb »
im not so sure Hull have got out of first gear, we are not playing well at the moment. It was noticeable that Whiteman was playing almost as a centre back in the first 15 mins, and we controlled the game better, he then went wandering up the pitch and we lost that control. The defenders do see the pass, but are too scared, or to slow to make it so we end up with a to you, to me situation between the defence, then back to the keeper.

Passing and control form all players has been the worst I have seen for some time, and Hull are not in their faces, so it is not their pressure.

Problem is, how many games do we keep saying “it’s the worst passing I’ve seen” “worst we’ve been for ages” etc.

Or, it could just be against the better sides we just aren’t good enough at times and just need to accept we’ll be up against it? Yes we’ve beat some of them I know, but let’s not be too harsh on the team and manager. We are still a developing side

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on December 02, 2020, 07:58:27 pm by sha66y »
Is it possible to just buy one half of any future matches, because I am feeling very short changed again!!

If this team is a prospective top ten team.......my tools a tangerine.....

Now let the bollockin  reap some kind of reward

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on December 02, 2020, 07:58:37 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Just a catalogue of unforced errors. The pitch ain't great but we're our own worst enemy making it alot easier for Hull, plus a helping hand from the ref.

Wilks goes down with the slightest touch again and gets Halliday booked for doing very little.

We are capable of much better and wouldn't take much to get back into the game.

No mention of the booking on BBC?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on December 02, 2020, 07:58:54 pm by NickDRFC »
Hull look a good side, probably as good as I’ve seen this season. Way better than Sunderland. But they’re not making us look poor, we are doing that all by ourselves.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on December 02, 2020, 08:02:10 pm by Jersey Rover »
Our most influential player(whiteman) playing as a third center back, get up the pitch

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on December 02, 2020, 08:02:41 pm by SydneyRover »
surprised to see passing accuracy same as hull on the stats!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on December 02, 2020, 08:02:58 pm by RoversAlias »
Sick of watching us have no clear plan going forward. I think we've been worked out now and Darren Moore needs to show he can adapt, and change our approach.

We've barely had a shot again. It must be four or five league games on the spin without a meaningful shot on target in the first half. What's it all about?

I have to agree with that RA.
Someone said to me that DM isn’t a good tactical manager but he might just be a lucky one.

I think he is a good tactician and has shown it before, but he seems committed to a certain way of approaching games even if the personnel aren't right or we're struggling to get it going.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on December 02, 2020, 08:03:10 pm by adamtherover »
Doesn't help that near the end. The Hull keeper passed it out. No one was on the halF aside from fey..   10 men defending in our own half, and we wonder why we are under the cosh,  the exact opposite of the high press.  Which is something they did superbly versus Ipswich not that long ago,   is it jon Taylors influence that drags others around him to put a shift in?

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on December 02, 2020, 08:03:16 pm by jmt23 »
I think the problem is we have seen just hoe good they can be, then the form dropped off the edge of a cliff, no gradual decline

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on December 02, 2020, 08:04:02 pm by IDM »
James and John
Simply not good enough

WTF.?

We are up against a good side - neither of them have done much wrong.??

They’ve given the ball away almost every time they’ve had it.
That’s simply not good enough

To be fair if we were 9-0 down I’m pretty sure you’d be telling us all we’ve played well

John has made several clearances from dangerous positions.

I will always defend players if they give their best, or if they are being unnecessarily made scapegoats..

Hull are top of the league for a reason.  Yes we need to up our game second half, but we have done that before..

So what if I look for positives.?  You always only seem to look for negatives.. maybe you should switch allegiances to Peterborough..

That’s a very lazy response
Wouldn't take you long to realise most of my posts aren’t negative

But if we’re not playing well there’s no reason to try and pretend that we are

I never said we were playing well - I just don’t like your over criticism of certain players..

And yes, you do often come over on here as overly negative and you’re not the only one..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on December 02, 2020, 08:04:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We've made them look good. All our players have made errors passing the ball, so we haven't got up the pitch enough. We've got to force them into the same errors, which they will make.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on December 02, 2020, 08:04:34 pm by swain_drfc »
surprised to see passing accuracy same as hull on the stats!

Again more than half of that will be between our CB’s and GK. We have less than 50% passing accuracy in the final 3rd.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on December 02, 2020, 08:05:24 pm by jmt23 »
No 27 is in the refs ear all the time

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on December 02, 2020, 08:09:08 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
No 27 is in the refs ear all the time

Sounds like Blackpool’s Gary Madine, eh?

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on December 02, 2020, 08:11:28 pm by jmt23 »
Cameron John has the most awkward passing style I have ever seen, I thought Joe wright was painful to watch at times, but I panic every time John passes it back.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on December 02, 2020, 08:12:42 pm by NickDRFC »
Wow I think we got away with that one, how is that a dive?!

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on December 02, 2020, 08:13:17 pm by Scooter »
Is it a lack of creativity or poor decision making? We have a habit of passing it backwards when in decent positions. Prime example in the first half - we had a free kick deep into their half. We pushed players forward then whiteman played a square ball which then went backwards back into our own half. It’s like watching David Batty

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on December 02, 2020, 08:13:52 pm by RoversAlias »

Blatant dive for me, the slow motion replay really showed it.

Wilks made a right meal of it and was always looking to go down there.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on December 02, 2020, 08:13:59 pm by Scooter »

Looked a pen to me

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on December 02, 2020, 08:15:19 pm by IDM »
Hull didn’t complain..

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on December 02, 2020, 08:16:03 pm by NickDRFC »

Blatant dive for me, the slow motion replay really showed it.

Wilks made a right meal of it and was always looking to go down there.

Didn’t catch the replay but will be interesting to see it again. It looked to me like he’d knocked it past Lumley, who got nowhere near the ball and pulled him down. Happy the ref saw it the same way as you though!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on December 02, 2020, 08:16:09 pm by IDM »
How long before DM makes changes.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012