Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:21:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The board  (Read 7320 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
The board
« on July 24, 2014, 01:23:16 pm by Retdon1 »
Get bramall out of our club he's destroying it, well and truly fu**ed of with our club last few days, enough is enough

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: The board
« Reply #1 on July 24, 2014, 01:27:48 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Get bramall out of our club he's destroying it, well and truly fu**ed of with our club last few days, enough is enough

How is he destroying it? The failed TO wasn't his fault, the promised contracts to players on the failed TO's budget wasn't his fault, the fact we were relegated which put us in this position wasn't his fault, you may be annoyed as are most with yet another fiasco of a pre-season but it isn't entirely down to the current board.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 24, 2014, 01:32:12 pm by Lipsy »
I do think that fans deserve a little more honesty. Appreciate the need for some half-truths and all that, but I am reminded of this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0</a>

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 24, 2014, 01:32:47 pm by Retdon1 »
Saying that they would give dickov a budget to aim for promotion and now seemingly changed his mind on that and letting all our players go with no sign if anyone good coming in. We've got no hope of having a good season this year and that is the boards fault.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 24, 2014, 01:34:12 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Saying that they would give dickov a budget to aim for promotion and now seemingly changed his mind on that and letting all our players go with no sign of anyone good coming in. We've got no hope of having a good season this year and that is the boards fault.

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 24, 2014, 01:35:03 pm by Derby Viking »
Yeah - lets get rid of the board - no money at all is the way to go. FFS

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 24, 2014, 01:35:46 pm by ravenrover »
Flipping heck is The Chosen One in the background at about 1.55 ?  :lol:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 24, 2014, 01:36:58 pm by GazLaz »
TBs money is irrelevant, he will be putting none in.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 24, 2014, 01:38:55 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Saying that they would give dickov a budget to aim for promotion and now seemingly changed his mind on that and letting all our players go with no sign if anyone good coming in. We've got no hope of having a good season this year and that is the boards fault.

How do you know? Have you seen the budget? or are you reacting to the hysteria of some because certain players are leaving because of the budget we don't have one. Those players were on large salaries that we cannot afford and I'm sorry but the Wellens interview smacks more of, I was promised x under the To and Y under the current board and I want x, fair play Ritchie but it's not all about you.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 24, 2014, 01:39:23 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Why, have you asked him?

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 24, 2014, 01:39:48 pm by DonnyRover »
he is going for the cheap option, going to throw a bunch of youth teamers in who arent good enough. building a good young team would be a good idea if we had the talent to do so but we don't. it seems to me like the sustainability plan is going to be a big backward step.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 24, 2014, 01:40:45 pm by River Don »

... And replace him with who?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 24, 2014, 01:45:11 pm by DearneValleyRover »
he is going for the cheap option, going to throw a bunch of youth teamers in who arent good enough. building a good young team would be a good idea if we had the talent to do so but we don't. it seems to me like the sustainability plan is going to be a big backward step.

Is he? Just because certain players have left, won't sign the contract offered doesn't mean there isn't going to be any coming in. If the TO palava hadn't happened we would have most in place by now, It's up to PD and GB to sort that out and for us to wait and see just who these players will be.

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 24, 2014, 01:55:37 pm by DonnyRover »

Is he? Just because certain players have left, won't sign the contract offered doesn't mean there isn't going to be any coming in. If the TO palava hadn't happened we would have most in place by now, It's up to PD and GB to sort that out and for us to wait and see just who these players will be.
i will be astounded if we bring in any players close to the calibre we need to progress, if he is not going to take the cheap option and buy some good young talent then the cost of that will be far greater than keeping the players we have now, i think the james bailey scenario summed it up for me, he would have been a prime candidate to play a holding role and hopefully provide a strong backbone to the team for a number of years which is what bramall wants but he didnt put the money up for him, who came through a very succesful youth academy, but people think he will put the money in for others? i really struggle to see it myself.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 24, 2014, 02:00:50 pm by Not Now Kato »

God, you can tell it's the school holidays!

Exactly who would you get in to replace him?  And how would you go about doing it?

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 24, 2014, 02:08:51 pm by DonnyRover »

Exactly who would you get in to replace him?  And how would you go about doing it?
TB would put the club up for sale and look for a new buyer with a bit of ambition? he is going to destroy the club because look at the fans, the majority are pissed off and if coppinger goes to one of our rivals the repercussions will be horrendous. 

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 24, 2014, 02:11:14 pm by River Don »
DonnyRover

If you can identify this new owner who has both requisite wealth and ambition, then by all means point him in the direction of Terry Bramall, he's always prepared to listen to offers.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 24, 2014, 02:12:02 pm by Not Now Kato »

TB would put the club up for sale and look for a new buyer with a bit of ambition? he is going to destroy the club because look at the fans, the majority are pissed off and if coppinger goes to one of our rivals the repercussions will be horrendous.

As I said, you can tell it's the school holidays.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 24, 2014, 02:14:05 pm by not on facebook »

please mush think before you type

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 24, 2014, 02:14:18 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Apart from the fact that James Bailey isn't a holding midfielder and that he didn't do himself justice in Portugal and he's injury prone I'm not so sure he would be one of those players but that's my opinion and we will all have them about any that come in, the proof will be the results on the pitch coupled with the performance yet some are willing to state we will be crap before a ball is kicked, great support that is.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 24, 2014, 02:20:51 pm by Retdon1 »

Quote from: Retdon1
link=topic=247879.msg466257#msg466257 date=1406204596
Get bramall out of our club he's destroying it, well and truly fu**ed of with our club last few days, enough

please mush think before you type

I have though about what I am typing, so what good is he doing for our club, I carnt see anything positive at the minute.

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 24, 2014, 02:26:42 pm by DonnyRover »
Apart from the fact that James Bailey isn't a holding midfielder and that he didn't do himself justice in Portugal and he's injury prone I'm not so sure he would be one of those players but that's my opinion and we will all have them about any that come in, the proof will be the results on the pitch coupled with the performance yet some are willing to state we will be crap before a ball is kicked, great support that is.
well he is a holding midfielder...

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 24, 2014, 02:30:07 pm by DonnyRover »
DonnyRover

If you can identify this new owner who has both requisite wealth and ambition, then by all means point him in the direction of Terry Bramall, he's always prepared to listen to offers.
its not my job to identify new owners, there are always people out there looking to invest, its just you all think now the takeover failed terry brammal is our only option. and as for the school holidays 'joke', stop embarrassing yourself and bring some actual substance to the conversation. 

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 24, 2014, 02:35:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Who's plugging the gap if not him then?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 24, 2014, 02:36:37 pm by bobjimwilly »
of course there are always people looking to invest, especially people who want to see returns on their investments. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen at most football clubs. Now, if there are people who want to give millions away a year to DRFC for no return, then sure, come on down!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 24, 2014, 02:40:15 pm by silent majority »

Wrong again Gaz.

Who plugged the gap last year? Who'll be plugging the budgeted gap this coming season?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 24, 2014, 02:42:52 pm by GazLaz »

Wrong again Gaz.

Who plugged the gap last year? Who'll be plugging the budgeted gap this coming season?

So the playing budget will be topped up by TB then?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 24, 2014, 02:44:22 pm by silent majority »

Wrong again Gaz.

Yes.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 24, 2014, 02:46:11 pm by GazLaz »

Wrong again Gaz.

Yes.

Last question I promise, do you know if the budget is lower than last time we were in this division?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 24, 2014, 02:50:37 pm by silent majority »

Wrong again Gaz.

Yes.

Last question I promise, do you know if the budget is lower than last time we were in this division?

I can't answer that one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012