Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:11:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Money the club have lost  (Read 5025 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Money the club have lost
« Reply #30 on April 01, 2020, 09:29:55 am by drfchound »
Well Portsmouth paid over a million quid for one of the players that we didn’t have on loan, and then of course there is Mr Coppinger.

If that's what you call quality players then neither would get on our bench this season or last.

Coppinger. Goodness. That radio Sheffield interview he did when he begged Barnsley to sign him about 2014.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 01, 2020, 11:28:42 am by silent majority »
Without the sale of marquis it would look alot worse.

It doesn't really matter how it looks though does it? The point is that its a choice to operate at the level we operate at. We could make the figures look a whole lot better than they do, but we wouldn't have the quality of players we currently have.

Can I ask what quality players do you have?

Didn't you have two players that were any good last season? Those two players were on loan. Barnsley picked one up from Leeds in Wiliks and then loaned him out when he wasn't good enough and That Kane you had from Liverpool that you couldn't keep.

I think you need to learn how to understand English and read what I actually wrote.

Whilst English football has its flaws in terms of the financial operations of most of its clubs holding Barnsley up as a paragon of virtue is laughable. Its become increasingly obvious that your new owners have one intention and one only, and that's to bleed the profits from your club to line their own pockets. Enjoy the ride, its going to be exceedingly dull.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 01, 2020, 12:10:25 pm by tyke1962 »

It doesn't really matter how it looks though does it? The point is that its a choice to operate at the level we operate at. We could make the figures look a whole lot better than they do, but we wouldn't have the quality of players we currently have.

Didn't you have two players that were any good last season? Those two players were on loan. Barnsley picked one up from Leeds in Wiliks and then loaned him out when he wasn't good enough and That Kane you had from Liverpool that you couldn't keep.

I think you need to learn how to understand English and read what I actually wrote.

Whilst English football has its flaws in terms of the financial operations of most of its clubs holding Barnsley up as a paragon of virtue is laughable. Its become increasingly obvious that your new owners have one intention and one only, and that's to bleed the profits from your club to line their own pockets. Enjoy the ride, its going to be exceedingly dull.

Correct .

There is no ride here to be enjoyed .

However their lack of ambition may well actually work in our favour once this pandemic is over .

Financially the club is in a very good place although the league table tells another story .

The problem coming up on the horizon for us is that it's likely the transfer market could well collapse which is our greatest source of income to keep the books balanced .

Pre pandemic Cauley Woodrow was a £12m striker , it's unlikely once things get back to normal that he will be worth anywhere near that amount of money .

This pandemic is almost certain send the football industry especially in the EFL in to a massive recession with the highly geared big championship clubs struggling to even exist never mind spend £12m on players such as Woodrow .

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 01, 2020, 12:48:28 pm by pib »

Yes, teams with 2 good players always make the play-offs.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 01, 2020, 01:35:25 pm by firestarter »
He’s clearly about 10 years old.. don’t waste time on him

Barnsley Fan

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 01, 2020, 02:50:43 pm by Barnsley Fan »

Yes, teams with 2 good players always make the play-offs.

In league 1 yes teams with 2 players above the avg of the league will get you in the promotion places.

This season in L1 looking at Coventry and Rotherham those with 4/5 could get you automatic.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 01, 2020, 02:52:40 pm by pib »
He’s clearly about 10 years old.. don’t waste time on him

Suppose he needs something to do while school's out.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 01, 2020, 05:14:20 pm by RobTheRover »
Anyone seen the crowdfunder that Plymouth have done to ensure the club has liquidity to pay their creditors?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-argyle-crowdfunding-campaign-already-3994844

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 01, 2020, 06:29:25 pm by scawsby steve »

Have you come on this forum just to wind people up? Have you forgotten last season, when our team, with just 2 good players according to you, made your team look like a set of f*cking clowns at Oakwell?

I don't know one single Barnsley fan who has any idea as to how you managed to scrape a point out of such a one sided game.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 03, 2020, 06:39:49 pm by Not Now Kato »

Oh come on SM, be fair, how can you expect our six fingered friend to read big words?  I doubt he's got through the first Janet and John book yet!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 04, 2020, 11:28:06 am by silent majority »

Oh come on SM, be fair, how can you expect our six fingered friend to read big words?  I doubt he's got through the first Janet and John book yet!

Oops, my bad!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012