Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:37:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Midweek home games  (Read 2336 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Midweek home games
« on September 04, 2020, 12:05:46 pm by Retdon1 »
I’ve noticed our midweek home games are listed as 20:00 kick offs. Is this correct ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: Midweek home games
« Reply #1 on September 04, 2020, 12:17:42 pm by EasyforDennis »
Don't know about that but why do we have to keep to 3.00pm for the games where nobody can attend?
Lets face it normally most of us are kicking our heels on Saturdays waiting to go the KMS so why not play the games at 12.00?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 04, 2020, 01:03:52 pm by Campsall rover »
Don't know about that but why do we have to keep to 3.00pm for the games where nobody can attend?
Lets face it normally most of us are kicking our heels on Saturdays waiting to go the KMS so why not play the games at 12.00?
Why 12-00 specifically? Don’t see anything wrong with 3-00 personally.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 04, 2020, 01:11:01 pm by MachoMadness »
Assume it works for the players in what will be a strange time for them. And means us fans can still have a few on the sofa before the game. 3pm on Saturday just feels right to me, don't see why they'd change it.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 04, 2020, 01:33:34 pm by EasyforDennis »
Assume it works for the players in what will be a strange time for them. And means us fans can still have a few on the sofa before the game. 3pm on Saturday just feels right to me, don't see why they'd change it.

It would also be better for the players. They could get back earlier to their families and see their young children before they go to bed as well as making it easier for those who want to go out that evening without having to rush and getting home about 6.00?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 04, 2020, 01:35:15 pm by RoversAlias »
What about the fact clubs can't likely stay in hotels overnight? Not much good with a midday kick-off when we're away at Plymouth is it?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 04, 2020, 02:19:02 pm by EasyforDennis »
What about the fact clubs can't likely stay in hotels overnight? Not much good with a midday kick-off when we're away at Plymouth is it?

It doesn't have to be all games though.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 04, 2020, 04:50:34 pm by Draytonian III »
12:00 on Saturday !!! So we can’t see them live, so let’s have kick off at midday and shaft anyone who works half day on a Saturday and can’t get home in time to watch them . What a selfish suggestion

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 04, 2020, 06:05:17 pm by EasyforDennis »
12:00 on Saturday !!! So we can’t see them live, so let’s have kick off at midday and shaft anyone who works half day on a Saturday and can’t get home in time to watch them . What a selfish suggestion

Apologies to all those who I have offended with my suggestion. I didn't realise (or maybe I should have known) that there are so many sensitive souls who support DRFC.
Maybe you should have a word with South Yorkshire Police just in case they change the Hull game to an earlier kick off as you work on Saturday mornings.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 06:07:59 pm by EasyforDennis »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 04, 2020, 06:10:44 pm by sha66y »

Whoooaaaaa! Ease on up ....it was a bloody suggestion, and would this half day Saturday be overtime by any chance.....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 04, 2020, 06:39:01 pm by drfchound »
Why would it matter if it was overtime?
Before I retired I had to do two Saturday mornings a month.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 04, 2020, 06:39:01 pm by IDM »
I work Saturdays and that’s not overtime..

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 04, 2020, 10:21:06 pm by RedRover45 »
I work 5 out of 6 Saturdays and that’s not overtime either.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 04, 2020, 10:59:13 pm by idler »
Maybe the Saturday morning overtime for some allows them to afford watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 04, 2020, 11:11:02 pm by Draytonian III »
I’m not a sensitive soul as you referred to me far from it, but if you’re using the name Easy for Dennis you must be of a certain age therefore more than likely don’t need to work on a Saturday morning if work at all. I know of a lot OUR supporters who have to/need to work on a Saturday and some of these are the most dedicated we have or have ever had, I suggest you think of the bigger picture before posting your selfish views.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 11:19:53 pm by Draytonian III »

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 05, 2020, 12:44:36 am by elmsallrover »
Not everyone who works on a Saturday works morning /dinner time I know people that would love a 12 o'clock start then go home before going to work

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 05, 2020, 06:09:35 am by EasyforDennis »
I’m not a sensitive soul as you referred to me far from it, but if you’re using the name Easy for Dennis you must be of a certain age therefore more than likely don’t need to work on a Saturday morning if work at all. I know of a lot OUR supporters who have to/need to work on a Saturday and some of these are the most dedicated we have or have ever had, I suggest you think of the bigger picture before posting your selfish views.

I think you need to calm down and maybe consider who is being the selfish one here. Yes I don't work anymore having now retired. I have been a Rovers supporter through both good times and bad times for over 60 years, so I think that makes me a pretty dedicated supporter. It a was just a suggestion! I'm sorry it didn't suit your personal circumstances I was just looking at the bigger picture.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 05, 2020, 07:45:47 am by Campsall rover »
Well i like tradition and 3-00 on a Saturday is my preferred kick off time.

Saturdays from Early August to May are football days. It’s in my DNA & i hope the kick off time will will remain as it is for all EFL clubs.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 05, 2020, 09:26:42 am by Draytonian III »

I think you need to calm down and maybe consider who is being the selfish one here. Yes I don't work anymore having now retired. I have been a Rovers supporter through both good times and bad times for over 60 years, so I think that makes me a pretty dedicated supporter. It a was just a suggestion! I'm sorry it didn't suit your personal circumstances I was just looking at the bigger picture.

I’m not on about my circumstances but other peoples therefore I am unlike yourself looking at the bigger picture

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 05, 2020, 10:19:03 am by EasyforDennis »

I’m not on about my circumstances but other peoples therefore I am unlike yourself looking at the bigger picture

Calm down dear. Calm down  :laugh:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 05, 2020, 10:48:20 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Saturdays from Early August to May are football days. It’s in my DNA & i hope the kick off time will will remain as it is for all EFL clubs.

So much of our traditions are built around the pub culture and opening hours. Wasn't that one of the reasons Chesterfield always had 3:15 kick offs, while the rest of us kicked off at 3pm? Much to the frustration of the pools when you were waiting for another vital score draw!

3pm allows for travelling time for away games including lunch and a jar. I like tradition!

We saw the traditional 7:30pm evening kick off moved to 7:45om for god knows what reason. Maybe less manual workers finishing at 4:30pm and more office workers finishing at 5pm??

8pm might have more impact on parents with bin lids on school nights?

A move up to the EPL however will cock up any tradition and regular habits.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 05, 2020, 11:23:37 am by Campsall rover »

So much of our traditions are built around the pub culture and opening hours. Wasn't that one of the reasons Chesterfield always had 3:15 kick offs, while the rest of us kicked off at 3pm? Much to the frustration of the pools when you were waiting for another vital score draw!

3pm allows for travelling time for away games including lunch and a jar. I like tradition!

We saw the traditional 7:30pm evening kick off moved to 7:45om for god knows what reason. Maybe less manual workers finishing at 4:30pm and more office workers finishing at 5pm??

8pm might have more impact on parents with bin lids on school nights?

A move up to the EPL however will cock up any tradition and regular habits.
We won’t have to worry about the EPL though DBR for a couple of seasons.  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012