Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:16:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I follow  (Read 5317 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
I follow
« on December 15, 2020, 10:06:59 pm by Retdon1 »
Last 2 home games I’ve had no luck in streaming the game from my phone to my TV on I Follow.... is there anyone at the club you can contact for help ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: I follow
« Reply #1 on December 15, 2020, 10:11:42 pm by rich1471 »
I could never get ifollow to stream from phone to TV so use a laptop and HDMI cable

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 15, 2020, 10:21:39 pm by Retdon1 »
I keep trying via air play but it just keeps trying to load and nothing happens... I have google chromcast also but I can’t see any option to stream it via that so having to make do with watching it on my phone

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 15, 2020, 10:22:45 pm by Filo »
I gave up n all that stuff and just watch on the ipad now

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 15, 2020, 10:33:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Use the sticky thread at the top of this page. It might help.

Also try casting something before the match starts for practice. Highlights or summat from the iFollow pages.

If not... “Please contact the customer support team by emailing ifollow@efl.com or live chat service which can be found on the bottom right hand corner of your club’s homepage“

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 15, 2020, 10:40:46 pm by drfchound »
......but don’t hold your breath waiting for iFollow to respond.
I paid for the Wigan game but wasn’t able to get it on.
I emailed them half an hour before kick off but never got a reply.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 15, 2020, 10:50:44 pm by Retdon1 »

Also try casting something before the match starts for practice. Highlights or summat from the iFollow pages.

If not... “Please contact the customer support team by emailing ifollow@efl.com or live chat service which can be found on the bottom right hand corner of your club’s homepage“

I can cast and air play virtually anything on my phone and it’s works spot on but for some reason I Follow doesn’t

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 16, 2020, 09:20:51 am by deebee »
Are you casting from the cast option in Google Chrome? works for me.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 16, 2020, 09:27:33 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

I can cast and air play virtually anything on my phone and it’s works spot on but for some reason I Follow doesn’t

That's why I suggest casting something from iFollow.

Cast your device.
Load up iFollow app
Go to Matches
Go to Results
Click on Rovers v Swindon
Click on Watch now for full match replay.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 16, 2020, 09:48:54 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Are you casting from the cast option in Google Chrome? works for me.

Buffers like crazy for me unfortunately, was fine with hdmi cable (until the hdmi port broke on laptop).

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 16, 2020, 09:57:42 am by jamesrover17 »
Casting and AirPlay doesn't work from mobile devices as far as I know, my Rotherham supporting pals have the same problem with their IFollow, HDMI from laptop to TV has worked flawlessly for me all season

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 16, 2020, 10:27:49 am by EasyforDennis »
Was it just me or did anyone else's picture looked like we only had half the floodlights working?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 16, 2020, 11:01:46 am by bobbymax »
Got a blank screen a few times last night but the commentary continued. Lasted for about a minute, better stream second half but cut out again in, guess what, the 72nd minute. Finally got to see James' second this morning.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 16, 2020, 11:08:43 am by IDM »
Steamed to my laptop with no interruptions..

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 16, 2020, 11:11:08 am by Branton Rover »
I gave up a long time ago trying to get it on the tele - it was just too bloody frustrating - I bought a 10” iPad which does the trick - not ideal but adequate and I’m not swearing anymore

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 16, 2020, 12:04:08 pm by Donnywolf »
I am in the techophobe camp as most people will know but use my Laptop with HDMI Cable into my big tele wall

Select HDMI3 in my case - and bingo. Great coverage and in HD by the look of it

So if I can anyone can ..... (HDMI Cable cost me £3.50 ish from Amazon)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 16, 2020, 12:07:59 pm by The Red Baron »
For the last two games I've been unable to get I-Follow on Microsoft Edge, but it has worked fine in Mozilla Firefox.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 16, 2020, 12:59:31 pm by adamtherover »
I've worked with computers for 30 years, I'd like to think I know my way round them..  Using googles home app up till the Sunderland game was flawless.  It should cast the screen regardless of content.  Since the Hull game, it just went black, I'm sure they have coded something in there secretly to stop casting?,  so it goes black from my mobile,  it buffers from my tablet, but resumes the second I stop trying to cast. It doesn't work at all using Microsoft Edge or explorer on my laptop, so the hdmi cable wouldn't work.. I haven't tried Google chrome yet? I'll try that next.   Everything else for the last 3 years or so has cast perfectly...  Just ifollow.. Coincidence? I think not....

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 16, 2020, 01:38:18 pm by Janso »
Chrome definitely works. That and Firefox I think are the two recommended browsers for this, but I've used Chrome every week and only had an issue once - a night where people across the country seemed to be having issues.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 16, 2020, 02:26:05 pm by vaya »
Chrome definitely works. That and Firefox I think are the two recommended browsers for this, but I've used Chrome every week and only had an issue once - a night where people across the country seemed to be having issues.

Similarly Chrome's worked so far for me, with HDMI cable into TV. I do get some buffering every now and then, but there's a fair chance that's down to my internet speed in general.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 16, 2020, 02:37:27 pm by Spud »
I use Firefox & hdmi from laptop when at home, never had an issue. Watch on my phone when I'm away, first time last night it was buffering fir the first 5 mins or so, knocking my vpn off instantly sorted this so I assume with it on I wasn't quite getting the internet speed required.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 16, 2020, 05:40:37 pm by scawsby steve »

I know nothing about technology, J, but that post applies to me exactly.

The match when we all had issues was at Wimbledon.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 16, 2020, 05:53:09 pm by roversdude »
Don’t know why but laptop to tv buffers like crazy on iFollow, given it up as a bad job and use the EFL app on the iPad - good picture and sound just a tiny screen to what I’m used to lol

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 16, 2020, 05:54:06 pm by IDM »
Sit closer to the iPad...

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 16, 2020, 05:56:47 pm by roversdude »
Lol

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 16, 2020, 06:42:38 pm by rich1471 »
Don’t know why but laptop to tv buffers like crazy on iFollow, given it up as a bad job and use the EFL app on the iPad - good picture and sound just a tiny screen to what I’m used to lol
do you use HDMI or Bluetooth to stream it

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 16, 2020, 07:53:05 pm by Michael Shaw »
The providers of iFollow need to make it simpler to install and use, and more reliable before fans should hand over their cash.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 16, 2020, 07:58:21 pm by Filo »
The big issue I have with ifollow is they regular cut off the team line ups while they are being read out by the commentators, ant at ht and ft, they cut off straight away without giving a chance to listen to and summaries

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 16, 2020, 07:59:00 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Isn’t the reason you can’t cast from your phone to stop people using it in pubs?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 16, 2020, 08:09:30 pm by roversdude »
do you use HDMI or Bluetooth to stream it
HDMI

TinyPortal © 2005-2012