Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:04:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Game off  (Read 5695 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Game off
« Reply #30 on December 26, 2020, 06:47:30 pm by RoversAlias »
It's clearly gotten around the league one teams, I do wonder if some group of players or one club somewhere have been lax and led to it spreading it around.

I still think it's silly that the EFL or PFA haven't paid to make sure every team gets tested weekly at least.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 26, 2020, 06:51:03 pm by drfchound »
That does seem to be a potentially likely reason RA.
Don’t the PL players get tested routinely on a regular basis.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 26, 2020, 07:37:49 pm by rich1471 »
Premier League get tested twice a week

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 26, 2020, 08:19:05 pm by drfchound »
I saw a piece on the bbc website a few days ago in which Paul Lambert of Ipswich suggested that the EFL are putting lives at risk with the scarcity of testing of lower league players.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 26, 2020, 09:16:45 pm by ravenrover »
Depends how the vaccinations are played hopefully once key workers and high risk people are vaccinated things can start opening up more. Really hope we don't go down the line of until 100% of the population are vaccinated then it's essentially lockdown for all.

Specifically with football seems like these guys should be the least at risk from spread so you'd like to think we can get to a point where just those testing positive don't play rather than the game been called off. Given the age of footballers they'll be among the last to be vaccinated so if we don't start taking a less all or nothing approach this stop start will likely be ongoing well in 2022
100%? We have at least 3 on the is Forum who won't be getting vaccinated

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 26, 2020, 09:20:07 pm by normal rules »
Whilst testing affords some level of comfort, it’s just a moment in time. You can walk out of a room where you are tested and catch it. Player tests negative before a match, but then catches it off someone who is backroom staff, official, media or anyone else at the match who has not been tested. I do not believe everyone who attends a behind closed door game is tested? The security individual manning the players entrance for instance.
This virus is proving time and again, that our efforts may reduce its spread, but we are certainly no where near stopping its spread.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 26, 2020, 10:02:53 pm by scawsby steve »
Depends how the vaccinations are played hopefully once key workers and high risk people are vaccinated things can start opening up more. Really hope we don't go down the line of until 100% of the population are vaccinated then it's essentially lockdown for all.

Specifically with football seems like these guys should be the least at risk from spread so you'd like to think we can get to a point where just those testing positive don't play rather than the game been called off. Given the age of footballers they'll be among the last to be vaccinated so if we don't start taking a less all or nothing approach this stop start will likely be ongoing well in 2022

Apparently, Raven, it's around 20% of the population who won't be getting vaccinated, leaving the 80% that's needed for herd immunity, getting their jabs. That's around 50 million.

Like I said, that's asking a lot of this bungling government to achieve, or any government for that matter.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 26, 2020, 10:49:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I saw a piece on the bbc website a few days ago in which Paul Lambert of Ipswich suggested that the EFL are putting lives at risk with the scarcity of testing of lower league players.

He also mentioned a circuit breaker. I reckon that'd be a decent idea till at least Jan 23rd. Stop training till the 18th.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 26, 2020, 11:20:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Apparently, Raven, it's around 20% of the population who won't be getting vaccinated, leaving the 80% that's needed for herd immunity, getting their jabs. That's around 50 million.

Like I said, that's asking a lot of this bungling government to achieve, or any government for that matter.

Having accompanied my mum for her first jab on Christmas eve at Adwick Leisure centre, I can say first hand the operation they have there is second to none. The NHS staff and volunteers who deliver the roll out programme have no interest in cheap political points scoring and just get on with the task in hand.

The real game changer will be the Oxford vaccine which will mean they can ramp up the roll out as they are not limited to where they can deliver it.

Every injection is a step towards where we want to be. Maybe you should praise the government on this one as we've got ahead of the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 27, 2020, 08:42:01 am by drfchound »

He also mentioned a circuit breaker. I reckon that'd be a decent idea till at least Jan 23rd. Stop training till the 18th.

That could be a big help.
It would  also give clubs the midwinter break that some want.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on December 28, 2020, 05:57:58 pm by Donnywolf »
How come that Man City reported Kyle Walker and  Gabriel Jesus were self isolating (or tested positive maybe) ... and Sky Sports News said (this morning) so they will miss the next 3 games - rather than saying so Man City cant play for 20 days

Is it a squad size thing - or what ?

Everton Man City now off - extra Man City players involved

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 28, 2020, 07:17:18 pm by drfchound »
I just saw on the local evening news that Rotherham have been told that unless they play their fixture tomorrow they will face a possible points deduction.
I’m sure I heard Paul Warne say that they have only had a nine day break instead of the ten day that has been recommended.
Maybe Paul Lambert was on to something earlier this week.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 28, 2020, 07:25:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I just saw on the local evening news that Rotherham have been told that unless they play their fixture tomorrow they will face a possible points deduction.
I’m sure I heard Paul Warne say that they have only had a nine day break instead of the ten day that has been recommended.
Maybe Paul Lambert was on to something earlier this week.

Yes, I heard that too and does sound strange why they would be threatened with a points deduction.

Kind of increases the frustration of the inaction of the Bolton case last season. Player welfare? Which is the most genuine case?

There's maybe more than meets the eye?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 28, 2020, 08:32:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
Just had a tweet from a Millers fan who said that the EFL had instructed rufc to bring a player back from isolating a day early, to be on the bench!

I can’t see it, myself, but who knows.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 28, 2020, 08:35:03 pm by Filo »
Just had a tweet from a Millers fan who said that the EFL had instructed rufc to bring a player back from isolating a day early, to be on the bench!

There has to be something more to that story

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 28, 2020, 08:46:54 pm by rich1471 »

possible that if the league gets cancelled no tv or advertisement money gets paid to the EFL

There has to be something more to that story

TinyPortal © 2005-2012