Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:05:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: B&M car park, parking charge notice  (Read 638 times)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
B&M car park, parking charge notice
« on June 29, 2021, 12:18:44 am by afro goal machine »
I think this topic may have been covered before, but last week i parked in the B&M car park, town centre.
I was literally going straight in straight out, but had my daughter. By the time she twisted my arm for food and 2 hours at flip out, i had totally forgotten i had parked in the B&M car park with its hour and a half limit.
100% my fault, i even tried speeding out the car park to no avail as i got the £50 ticket yesterday.

My friend i car share with is adamant that as its only a parking charge notice it is not enforceable and his wife got one to which they ignored.

Dont get me wrong, i will pay it if i have to and this might just be my tight Yorkshire man coming out, but does anyone know where i stand and if i can just ignore it ??

Thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: B&M car park, parking charge notice
« Reply #2 on June 29, 2021, 05:53:26 am by Donnywolf »
Mate of mine overstayed when his daughter returned to car 30 mins after she should

That was 2 years ago and he has just binned every letter he gets

He's had lots but looks like they have finally given up !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 29, 2021, 06:11:44 am by Donnywolf »
Personally I try to avoid the possibility of a PCN by simply paying

DMBC Short Stay nearby is a quid for 1 hour and 2 quid for 2 hours and there is cheaper parking than that all around B&M

I try to have similar alternatives wherever I go - as I once got done for "stopping" at Robin Hood [long story] and I ignored it but it was 2 years before the letters finally stopped and it did get me down - so I decided no more avoidable stress

I even keep my Pay & Display Tickets for a month before binning them [Martin Lewis's tip]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 05:34:07 am by Donnywolf »

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 29, 2021, 06:52:32 am by rich1471 »
I park in the carpark next to pleveys £1 for 4 hours

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 29, 2021, 08:01:18 pm by colfromdonny »
I did the same, same as you totally got the times wrong totally my fault so paid up and taught myself a lesson , if you're in the wrong just man up and pay up

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 01, 2021, 08:08:29 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I have 1 currently. Ignoring was the advice in the past. I challenged mine. Keepmoat car park. There's a sign saying permit holders if you enter from the lakeside end, but as though you come from town and the Keepmoat on your left you don't see it.

They have issued court proceedings with option of mediation beforehand now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012