Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:24:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Duplicate charges at the bar at the stadium...  (Read 407 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Duplicate charges at the bar at the stadium...
« on September 02, 2023, 12:04:01 pm by adamtherover »
Just a heads up, on weds I bought 2 pints, tapped the contactless machine and it came up approved, turned away, the bar man shouted I hadn't paid and the screen said 11 pound still, so I tapped it again, sorted.   Until I checked my statement this morn, 2 lots of 11 pound had been debited.  Halifax has refunded one, and said it's not the first time they have seen bars put a 2nd order through quickly , get you to pay again, and basically hope you don't notice..  hope this isn't the case,  as it would leave me strongly debating as to spending another penny in the ground again, ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Duplicate charges at the bar at the stadium...
« Reply #1 on September 02, 2023, 12:15:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Similar happened to me at The Lakeside pub a year or two ago. The waitress said the card reader had lost its signal so would I swipe it again. I did, and then when I got home I realised it had charged me twice.

I rang the pub and the manager said that the system would normally pick up on transactions repeated so close to each other, but I will be refunded. That was OK, although he couldn't do it over the phone. I had to call in the pub. 

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 02, 2023, 02:31:21 pm by idler »
I once had that problem at Tesco some years ago. I did it three or four times. When I checked my statement I had bought three or four TVs in about 90 seconds.
It was a ball ache having to go to the store to put it right a few days later.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 02, 2023, 08:25:53 pm by Petche »
And that's why I will always prefer to use cash, where possible!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012