Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:22:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Upcoming entertainment at Doncaster Little Theatre  (Read 1692 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Upcoming entertainment at Doncaster Little Theatre
« on May 13, 2010, 10:55:18 pm by Al4475 »
Hey all,
I know now of quite a few of you on here that have paid a visit to Doncaster Little Theatre recently for JRs 'One Man Show' (or watched the 'stolen' video on Rovers Player), The Panto, Girls Night Out, Brassed Off and suchlike, so I would like to shamelessly publicise a few things that we've got happening now the footy season has finished (and prior to the World Cup) - just in case any of you may fancy owt!

May 24th-May 29th (7:30 KO, bar open from 6:00pm):
Scuffer by Mark Catley: \"A Day in the life of a Donny Chav!\"
Danny's skint - nowt new there! His girlfriend, Amy, has left him. The flat's a mess and he's out of weed. The only thing different about today is that he's about to get kneecapped by a criminal queen named Cathy. See, Danny owes some really bad people £800, and if he doesn't get it by tonight, Cathy'll be paying him a visit with her trusty baseball bat!
He can't beg, can't borrow and he's crap at robbing so Danny, Amy and her dad (Jack) set off on a quest through Donny to somehow raise the money. From Stainy to Silver Street, Card Game to Karaoke, with Cathy and a pyscho named Cauldron in pursuit, Danny's day gets more and more 'interesting.'

This play looks at the way some families around towns and cities live - a la Shameless/Royal/Family and The Simpsons, with tenderness, infertility, debt, violence, caring and general strife - it'll be a super show.

As the theatrical season draws to a close, 'Blood Brothers,' 'Pinafore Pirates' (one for the kids) and DNA hit our stage.

Next season kicks off with 'Girls Night Out in Ibiza' (primarily for the ladies - but enjoyable for the fellas too!) 'The Changeling' (a tragedy written by one of Shakespeare's contemporaries) and the Panto - 'King Arthur, a Pantomime Adventure in Camelot.'

Throw in some fantastic 'away from the mainstream' films, live local bands, brass bands, magicians, mediums, clairovoyents (spelling - sorry), touring professional theatre companies, our local amateur dramatic friends and the possibility of another JR night, we offer a huge variety of entertainment to suit many tastes. Pop in and offer your support if you like - Doncaster Little Theatre supports DRFC.

Ticket prices vary from show to show, so ring the box office for details on 01302 340422 Mon - Sat 4-8pm!

Anyone who's been in feel free to send me feedback via a thread on here or via PM.

Many thanks
Alan Roberts (Vice-Chair, Doncaster Little Theatre)

PS - Filo, RTR and other MODS, if i'm contravening any forum rules by sticking these threads on here on occasion please let me know!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012