Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:58:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Squad Contracts  (Read 5212 times)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
Squad Contracts
« on February 01, 2017, 06:42:46 pm by Danmckay456 »
Has anyone any info of the squad when each players contract expires , interested to see who's out of contract in the summer. 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Squad Contracts
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2017, 06:48:30 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Apart from the loanees and some of the youth contracts (Pugh, McCormick?) I think the only ones out of contract in the summer are Marosi (apparently in negotiations), ATS, McSheffrey and Keegan

ATS must be desperate to get some game time

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2017, 06:57:27 pm by Danmckay456 »
Your probably looking at those 3 going with lack of gametime and injury unless they have an unbelievable run in the side which I can't see , potentially Evina and Etheridge on the transfer list as well. At least it's not going to need much of an overhaul though 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2017, 07:19:55 pm by DearneValleyRover »
ATS has been an excellent ambassador for the club since his injury and will be given time to prove himself so doubt very much he will be leaving this summer

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2017, 08:12:54 pm by DonnyEl »
Has anyone any info of the squad when each players contract expires , interested to see who's out of contract in the summer. 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Loans
16. Jordan Houghton (End of the Season)
24. Niall Mason (End of the Season)
25. Connor Grant (End of the Season)
7. Gary McSheffrey
13. Marko Marosi
18. Paul Keegan
20. Aaron Taylor Sinclair
21. Joe Pugh
31. Joseph McCormick
1. Ross Etheridge
2. Craig Alcock
5. Mathieu Baudry
6. Andy Butler
9. John Marquis
11. Andy Williams
15. Joe Wright
17. Matty Blair
26. James Coppinger
27. Cedric Evina
-Tony Donaldson
2. Mitchell Lund
3. Tyler Garratt
4. Luke McCullough
10. Tommy Rowe
14. Harry Middleton
19. Liam Mandeville
22. Will Longbottom
23. Alfie Beestin
29. Reece Fielding
38. Ian Lawlor
39. Alfie May

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2017, 09:22:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
Can McSheffrey pass Brooker and Martin as being the worst bit of injury-laden business we have done?

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2017, 10:27:01 pm by dijit8 »
Steve Gallen and Haken Hayrettin in Richardsons day had worse injury records, don't think either played

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 02, 2017, 09:49:44 am by Canadian Rover »
Can McSheffrey pass Brooker and Martin as being the worst bit of injury-laden business we have done?

The Toe

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 02, 2017, 11:23:45 am by The Red Baron »
Steve Gallen and Haken Hayrettin in Richardsons day had worse injury records, don't think either played

Both sat on the bench but never got on the field. I think Hayrettin was with us for 18 months.

I saw Steve Gallen in a pre-season game. He went off after about ten minutes with a cut head that needed stitches. Oddly enough he was picked for the Republic of Ireland Under-21s while with us, despite never playing a first team game.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 02, 2017, 11:53:58 am by Chris Black come back »
Another in that same squad I think was Simon Black who appeared on team photo yet never emerged again that season to play a game.

Then in different guise around that time was that striker we signed for a day before he thought better of it and ripped up contract and went to Chesterfield. Forget his name.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 02, 2017, 11:56:42 am by Dutch Uncle »
Another in that same squad I think was Simon Black who appeared on team photo yet never emerged again that season to play a game.

Then in different guise around that time was that striker we signed for a day before he thought better of it and ripped up contract and went to Chesterfield. Forget his name.

Darren Roberts

Edit: According to Wiki he was actually our player for a short while, which presumably must have been during close season, consistent with your recall CBCB. I couldn't remember whether he signed for us and then signed for Chesterfield, or whether he pulled out of signing for us, but it seems you are right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Roberts_(footballer)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:11:48 pm by Dutch Uncle »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 02, 2017, 12:03:50 pm by NickDRFC »

The Blacks don't seem to have much luck in our team, do they Chris? ;)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 02, 2017, 12:29:13 pm by The Red Baron »
Darren Roberts was signed by Ian Atkins. When Uncle Ken fired Atkins and brought in Sammy Chung he had second thoughts.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 02, 2017, 12:37:03 pm by craigdrfc »
David Byng anyone??? Think we signed him from Torquay same sort of time as Moore and Colcombe ... dont recall him troubling the match day announcer, but could be wrong.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 02, 2017, 12:40:48 pm by The Red Baron »
Byng was another who sat on the bench a couple of times.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 02, 2017, 05:40:29 pm by Al4475 »
Was the other guy from Mansfield around the same time Steve(?) Harper

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 02, 2017, 06:06:51 pm by The Red Baron »

I think Steve Harper went to Mansfield. I think we got him from Burnley.

I was right. We even made a £20k profit on him!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Harper_(footballer,_born_1969)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:10:47 pm by The Red Baron »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 02, 2017, 06:08:05 pm by The Red Baron »

Martis I think you mean.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 02, 2017, 06:17:36 pm by NickDRFC »

At least we got a few games out of Martis (or portions of games), don't think we can put him in the same category as Brooker or McSheffrey (since he's been permanent at least!)

Martis I think you mean.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 02, 2017, 06:21:10 pm by Dutch Uncle »

I think Steve Harper went to Mansfield. I think we got him from Burnley.

I was right. We even made a £20k profit on him!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Harper_(footballer,_born_1969)

Unfortunately no profit on Harper TRB. We paid 25K for him (sources Ashes to Glory book and B.J.Hugman 1999-00)

We did apparently have a 40% sell on clause as well as the 20K fee when we sold him, but he later went on a free to Hull when he left Mansfield, so that didn't help.

Mind you I reckon he did quite well for us, and was not a bad bit of business overall.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 02, 2017, 06:56:05 pm by The Red Baron »
I'm surprised we paid a fee for him, although I think that was the time Uncle Ken was being quite free with the cheque book. That soon changed of course...

I suppose at least we got something for Harper.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 02, 2017, 09:20:05 pm by RoversAlias »
Martis' spell here is worth it for the winner in that 4-3 against Scunny and whoever we played when he scored the winner on tele in a 1-0 in the Championship. Ipswich or someone?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 04, 2017, 01:46:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Martis was a decent signing for us at the time he always in every game had one point where he totally lost concentration but i remember him putting some very good performances in.
If i remember right before he signed for us he had a game at premier league level where he probably had the worst game of his career he couldn't do anything right that day. I'm sure he scored an own goal and was destroyed by the guy he was marking was it Michael Owen it was when he was playing for West Brom against Liverpool i think.
 I think it was his last game for them no shame in Owen doing that like he made a lot of defenders look stupid but it was one of those days where he shouldn't have got out of bed.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 04, 2017, 10:07:16 am by RedJ »
He'd have had a hard time marking Michael Owen against Liverpool when he left them in 2004...

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 04, 2017, 10:40:22 am by NickDRFC »
ATS has been an excellent ambassador for the club since his injury and will be given time to prove himself so doubt very much he will be leaving this summer

That's great to hear but you don't give someone a new playing contract because they've been well behaved whilst injured. If Fergie thinks he's good enough and deserves a new deal then fair enough, but I think he'll need to prove himself on the pitch rather than off it to get a new contract.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 04, 2017, 11:05:15 am by colincramb »
Shame about GM this season, think he would have destroyed the opposition we are up against

TinyPortal © 2005-2012