Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:25:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I tell you what....  (Read 1110 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
I tell you what....
« on August 28, 2021, 03:34:56 pm by PDX_Rover »
I'm keeping the faith. Adversity is part of life and definitely a part of supporting Rovers. It would be easy to support a bigger club but I love the reaction when folks ask me who I support and I tell them. Bemusement and surprise, then respect, especially living here in the States. Often I have to explain why I support Rovers, and that in itself people find interesting, given the instant success or it's the end of the world mindset so evident these days.

I lived in Portland, Oregon from 2007 - 2015 and my barber Brian is a football (sorry, soccer) nut. I'd go get my hair cut, he'd grab me a beer out of his fridge and we'd talk about the game. He developed an affection for Rovers and I even gave him a shirt which he framed and put on the wall in his shop, alongside his Portland Timbers signed shirt. It's still there, and he and his young sons follow Rovers. This makes me happy.

For better or worse, the club is woven into my life and I love it. We've seen some right shite and some unbelievable highs and endured the emotions that go hand in hand with all of that.

What I will say is that I believe we will come good under Richie. Progress takes time. I have time. Rovers are a significant part of my life and of course, I'm pissed off when we don't win. But it's all part of supporting Rovers. I'm not going anywhere.

Don't lose your mind when the chips are down. Understand the process and trust it.

RTID
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 03:49:05 pm by PDX_Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: I tell you what....
« Reply #1 on August 28, 2021, 03:36:45 pm by selby »
  Good on ye buddy.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 28, 2021, 03:38:12 pm by Spilsby Red »
Exactly, I love telling people the team I support and proud to be a rovers supporter. Through good and bad

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 28, 2021, 03:41:07 pm by mpc123 »
I'm keeping the faith for 3 weeks time, I think get the 3 forwards back and add a couple more to the aqua and we will be OK

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 28, 2021, 03:43:38 pm by normal rules »
The wins always feel better after a lean spell . Otherwise go support man shitty or similar

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 28, 2021, 04:16:18 pm by Upton Rover »
TBH I don’t think we will ever come good under RW hope I am wrong time will tell

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 28, 2021, 04:23:11 pm by redarmi66 »
Great Post PDX
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 04:36:27 pm by redarmi66 »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 28, 2021, 04:35:44 pm by PDX_Rover »
TBH I don’t think we will ever come good under RW hope I am wrong time will tell

It’s all about opinions, life. I’ve seen signs that are very encouraging. Keep the faith Upton my good man.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 28, 2021, 04:38:14 pm by StocksArmy »
One massive grumble i have with this clubs media team. Why do we have to wait hours for any post match reaction?

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 28, 2021, 04:44:34 pm by goalkick »
Good number of rovers supporters in states my son included.grandson trains in a rovers shirt with his local team.over the years have put rovers shirts in local soccer bars when over there. :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012