Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:07:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: home games.  (Read 3381 times)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
home games.
« on November 10, 2012, 05:43:16 pm by RedArmy »
ARE BORING.
the performances at home this season have been shit.
and we're trying to create an atmosphere yes? well the best way to even start one is get rid of that drum, all it does it drowns out the few of us that sings and is awful, i stand and sing in the south stand but im no longer singing till that drum has gone all its doing is ruining the small atmosphere we have no creating one at all.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: home games.
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2012, 06:33:02 pm by MrFrost »
It isn't enjoyable any more. Attendances prove that people do not want to come and watch, even after a string of great results.

Price, enjoyment, atmosphere, and obviously performances have their part to play in this.

The VSC are doing all the can to make a better match day experience, but I do worry for future attendances, as they will only decline further unless things change somehow.

It's very disheartening to see see our stadium 2/3rds empty every week.
Still a firm believer that a full stadium at a fiver a ticket is better than an empty one at 20 odd quid a ticket!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2012, 06:45:45 pm by donnievic »
ARE BORING.
the performances at home this season have been shit.
and we're trying to create an atmosphere yes? well the best way to even start one is get rid of that drum, all it does it drowns out the few of us that sings and is awful, i stand and sing in the south stand but im no longer singing till that drum has gone all its doing is ruining the small atmosphere we have no creating one at all.

Well said absolutley BANG ON and no pun intended

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2012, 07:07:22 pm by roverstillidie91 »
about time the drum went, always said it provides nothing towards the atmosphere and is relatively speaking an annoying noise in your ear

other clubs create one and without a drum either

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 10, 2012, 07:27:52 pm by RedArmy »
i hope we dont go down the same was as scunny, end up getting 3k at home, they were getting 8's not so long back in the championship if it ever does get that low it will be very very worrying!

nothing against the VSC for their efforts though!  :rtid:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 10, 2012, 07:29:12 pm by MrFrost »
i hope we dont go down the same was as scunny, end up getting 3k at home, they were getting 8's not so long back in the championship if it ever does get that low it will be very very worrying!

This is the path I fear we will go down if we stagnate in this league for a number of seasons. The evidence of potential decline is there already. The club need to be a lot more proactive to ensure this doesn't happen.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 10, 2012, 07:32:06 pm by Mr1Croft »
There was no drum for the first 15 minutes. The first 5 were okay but after that it got terrible so I decided and go and get the drum, although admittedly it didnt make it much better. My opinion is we shouldn't need a drum but truth be told there is a new breed of fans at home that won't sing without it.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 10, 2012, 07:37:38 pm by rtidbelly »
the drummer took the drum away against bradford after about 40 minutes, there was not one song sung after that. i like the drum personally but take it away for the next game and we will see how much difference it makes, then make a judgement after that. something needs to change with atmosphere, i personally dread home games to be honest as i know firstly atmosphere is no existant, get told to sit down if i try to sing and currently the form is poor. at the minute id rather spend £40 going to away games than the £10 on bus and food at home games as i enjoy it more.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #8 on November 10, 2012, 07:44:41 pm by Rovin Reporter »
To many moaners on here , we're in different league , different players , different manager but the same old idiots on the forum .

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 10, 2012, 07:51:04 pm by RedArmy »
To many moaners on here , we're in different league , different players , different manager but the same old idiots on the forum .

whats our players league and manager got to do with the drum? someone looking for an arguement bore off, a forum is for discussions not for idiots like you to pick and start arguements zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 10, 2012, 07:56:57 pm by Filo »

The irony pmsl!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 10, 2012, 08:11:12 pm by roverstillidie91 »
its because we can only fill 1/3 of the ground, never going to help the atmosphere is it

Need a few promotions this season to bring prices down because we will only get 5-6k tops anyway unless we get a decent away following

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 10, 2012, 08:14:24 pm by RedArmy »
i cant see anyone bringing over 2000 away, unless we get a cup draw etc man utd.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 10, 2012, 08:18:40 pm by rtidbelly »
5k home fans should still be able to muster a little atmosphere between them, only time i hear a noise is a corner, goal or people moaning and groaning when a pass it misplaced. other than that around 5 minutes worth of singing is actually done. is half the home attendance actually attempted to singing along then the atmosphere would be decent. fact of the matter is that only 30-50 people sing along with a drum with 300 joining every so often when they can be bothered or when something happens. Scunthorpe should be a good atmosphere local game should bring around 7500 gate but atmosphere will be lacking like it has been for 3 or so years.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 10, 2012, 08:19:58 pm by rtidbelly »
can see sheff united bringing the entire allocation of 3000 but Scunthorpe our only other real local game will struggle for 800

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 10, 2012, 08:23:43 pm by RedArmy »
there will be 6500 for scunny game, nothing about it anymore, local derby yes. not like it use to be when we played them boxing day 9 years ago!

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 10, 2012, 08:24:38 pm by Stu The Tickhill Red »
So it's this simple, the poor performances are down to G Woods and the Drummer :facepalm: Give the Drum to Woodsy and get the drummer in net! :chair: ;)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 10, 2012, 08:25:27 pm by RedArmy »
one more jumping about at conclusions, when did i say the performances were the drummers or woods fault? hmmm.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 10, 2012, 08:25:37 pm by MrFrost »
there will be 6500 for scunny game, nothing about it anymore, local derby yes. not like it use to be when we played them boxing day 9 years ago!

I agree. They will bring less than 1000. And can't see us mustering any more than the usual 5500 or so.
Sad times, when you consider they are main rivals.

Sticky-Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 10, 2012, 08:27:29 pm by Sticky-Rover »
So it's this simple, the poor performances are down to G Woods and the Drummer :facepalm: Give the Drum to Woodsy and get the drummer in net! :chair: ;)

:laugh: !! Great Post  :rtid:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 10, 2012, 08:45:50 pm by RedJ »
There was no drum for the first 15 minutes. The first 5 were okay but after that it got terrible so I decided and go and get the drum, although admittedly it didnt make it much better. My opinion is we shouldn't need a drum but truth be told there is a new breed of fans at home that won't sing without it.

With all due respect to Ryan (for anyone who doesn't know that's the drummer) I thought you did a better job with it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 10, 2012, 09:27:52 pm by silent majority »

I think your viewing Scunthorpe's attendances through rose tinted glasses. Their record attendance at Glanford Park is just a tad over 9k. The last time they were in the Championship they averaged just over 5,500. This season ( a league lower) they are averaging 3,300.

Barnsley a couple of seasons ago were getting over 10k average but despite slashing prices and doing away with match categories have slipped to 8k max.

The attendances at the Keepmoat might not be brilliant but they are holding at a reasonable level. The club are working very hard at improving the match day experience and have one of the industry's renowned experts helping them. You could give them some credit.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 10, 2012, 09:30:39 pm by MrFrost »

I think your viewing Scunthorpe's attendances through rose tinted glasses. Their record attendance at Glanford Park is just a tad over 9k. The last time they were in the Championship they averaged just over 5,500. This season ( a league lower) they are averaging 3,300.

Barnsley a couple of seasons ago were getting over 10k average but despite slashing prices and doing away with match categories have slipped to 8k max.

The attendances at the Keepmoat might not be brilliant but they are holding at a reasonable level. The club are working very hard at improving the match day experience and have one of the industry's renowned experts helping them. yYu could give them some credit.

The percentage losses are still compariable to Scunthorpe though.
It's all fine and well to say, it is happening everywhere else, but it is very disheartening to see us playing in a stadium with 10000 empty seats.
I'm presuming SM, the club won't adopt cheaper one of game offers that we have seen in past seasons?

Going forward, I wonder if the club would look at adopting the cheap season tickets Huddersfield and Bradford had success with?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 10, 2012, 09:49:01 pm by silent majority »

The attendances at the Keepmoat might not be brilliant but they are holding at a reasonable level. The club are working very hard at improving the match day experience and have one of the industry's renowned experts helping them. yYu could give them some credit.

It's all fine and well to say, it is happening everywhere else, but it is very disheartening to see us playing in a stadium with 10000 empty seats.
I'm presuming SM, the club won't adopt cheaper one of game offers that we have seen in past seasons?

Going forward, I wonder if the club would look at adopting the cheap season tickets Huddersfield and Bradford had success with?

The attendance issue is one the FSF have on a regular basis with the Premier League and the Football League. Growing attendances at any football club is a complex issue because of the interplay of different factors, but a slash and burn policy on pricing has never been the answer.

Two points, firstly I can't guarantee what the club will do with regards to one off games, but its widely acknowledged that drastic reductions in pricing never deliver the longer term benefit that you are looking for. Where are those people that came for the sold out Swansea games and the free Crystal Palace experiment? I'll tell you, where they've always been, sat waiting for the very next freebie.

The Bradford City experiment has been a disaster and not the success you think it is. Yes they have larger crowds, but they also have much larger steward costs, policing costs, maintenance costs etc etc so they are at the position where everything they have done has left them in exactly the same position.

Here's an invitation though Mr Frost, if you're really keen to see attendances improve, and I'm not dismissing your stance at all, then I will gladly fix you up with a meeting that will enable you to put your point of view across. I have a good friend who is employed by the FA, PL, FL and individual clubs to grow attendances and he will be quite happy to meet with you. Not only that but I can get you in front of the people at DRFC who will listen to what you have to say as well. Are you up for that?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 10, 2012, 10:05:43 pm by MrFrost »

The attendance issue is one the FSF have on a regular basis with the Premier League and the Football League. Growing attendances at any football club is a complex issue because of the interplay of different factors, but a slash and burn policy on pricing has never been the answer.

Two points, firstly I can't guarantee what the club will do with regards to one off games, but its widely acknowledged that drastic reductions in pricing never deliver the longer term benefit that you are looking for. Where are those people that came for the sold out Swansea games and the free Crystal Palace experiment? I'll tell you, where they've always been, sat waiting for the very next freebie.

The Bradford City experiment has been a disaster and not the success you think it is. Yes they have larger crowds, but they also have much larger steward costs, policing costs, maintenance costs etc etc so they are at the position where everything they have done has left them in exactly the same position.

Here's an invitation though Mr Frost, if you're really keen to see attendances improve, and I'm not dismissing your stance at all, then I will gladly fix you up with a meeting that will enable you to put your point of view across. I have a good friend who is employed by the FA, PL, FL and individual clubs to grow attendances and he will be quite happy to meet with you. Not only that but I can get you in front of the people at DRFC who will listen to what you have to say as well. Are you up for that?

Interesting proposal.
Can you drop me a PM?

Thanks

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 11, 2012, 08:00:33 am by donnievic »
Your joking arnt you he is shit in nets  :laugh: and yes i ment the drummer

Only way you will get decent atmosphere is if the drummer sits nearer to the away fans

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 11, 2012, 09:35:46 am by FuzzyDuck »
Poor atmosphere at the Keepmoat so the answer is to tell the drummer, one of the blokes who is doing something about the atmosphere not to bother.  There's nothing like working together to solve a problem.

The first thing I notice listening in and reading forums is how negative Rovers fans are.  Gary Woods is getting hammer for yesterday's defeat.  Getting on his back on here is really going to help!  I didn't listen in yesterday, but I'm sure he got some stick at the time and not many "bad luck Gary's". Negative whinging and moaning.  Who wants to sing with that going on?

To get a positive atmosphere the first thing needed is positivity.  Not "Gary Woods is rubbish" and "that drummer's making a racket" .  You need a group fans just to keep singing regardless and stay with the team.  They encourage others and we should build an atmosphere.

It won't be easy though.  The all seater stadium, stewards telling singers to sit down and the in built negativity of too many is all working against you.  Hopefully, the VSC will continue to work on the atmosphere issue.  I think it's one reason why we aren't performing at home.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 11, 2012, 10:17:57 am by The Red Baron »
Personally I think the atmosphere would improve dramatically if we had some football to get excited about.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 11, 2012, 01:21:16 pm by dumbroofer »
a little idea re fuzzy ducks remark about stewards telling people to sit down, now we are getting around half the crowds of past seasons cant the club get shut of half the stewards? hopefully  the less crowd friendly ones .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 11, 2012, 01:37:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I've never had a steward tell me to sit down, go up near the back you'll have no bother.....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012