Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:21:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Clingan  (Read 2365 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Clingan
« on November 10, 2012, 07:13:39 pm by mushRTID »
Very impressive, good touch, passing (with both feet) and will only get better as we go on.

Reckon he will be the better of our CM's and its finding the right art we in there for him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Clingan
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2012, 07:19:33 pm by MachoMadness »
Looked very good today. Too good for this level I reckon. Hopefully, if we can get Bennett and Cotterill fully fit soon, he'll give them licence to really get forward and get into good positions. Possibly if Copps returns too, we'll have plenty of creative options going forward which we've been lacking lately.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 10, 2012, 07:21:08 pm by grayx »
will be gone though unless we act quickly... which we don't

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2012, 07:42:16 pm by Filo »
Looked very good today. Too good for this level I reckon. Hopefully, if we can get Bennett and Cotterill fully fit soon, he'll give them licence to really get forward and get into good positions. Possibly if Copps returns too, we'll have plenty of creative options going forward which we've been lacking lately.

Talking of Copps more splinters in his arse today, zero playing time again!

And Clingan was the only positive to come out of today, best player on the pitch by a mile

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 10, 2012, 07:43:45 pm by dickos1 »

Talking of Copps more splinters in his arse today, zero playing time again!

And Clingan was the only positive to come out of today, best player on the pitch by a mile

Griffin was also very good, very impressed with him today

MartinB

« Reply #5 on November 10, 2012, 08:17:41 pm by MartinB »
I thought he was unfit and lacked in forward ambition, did not shy from getting the ball though. Mainly picking it up from a centre half taking a few touches before playing it backwards or sidewards, looks to have potential but not great today..tbh none of our players were great today. It was my first game watching today in nearly a year and it was pretty boring. Paynter out wide made no sense at all.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 10, 2012, 08:31:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I thought 'Badger' Griffin had an excellent game too, has a cool head on him.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 10, 2012, 08:55:44 pm by vaya »

I thought 'Badger' Griffin had an excellent game too, has a cool head on him.

First time I've seen both Clingan and Griffin for extended periods, good games from both of them.

Utter bobbins though from the ref and the linesman in front of the West stand on missing that shove on Syers (amongst other things)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 10, 2012, 11:09:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Majority of his former clubs have said he didn't pass forward often. He's more of a backward or sidewards guy. Reckon we could do with someone who can create something in midfield.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 11, 2012, 09:30:30 am by Viking Don »
Thought Clingan grew into the game after they totally controlled the first 25 minutes, then they scored just as we were starting to play. Typical but I thought we did play reasonably well in the second half and deserved a draw.

Anyway, now we seem to have someone who can do the role Woods was doing I'd like to see Woods back in the side pushed forward in his more natural position, as we are sadly lacking a bit of creativity up there. Hume with Brown or Paynter, not both.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 11, 2012, 09:35:15 am by Al4475 »
Thought he was quality yesterday, also felt Harper had a decent game holding alongside him and both Quinn and Griffin played well too!

Thought Husband was uncharacteristically poor yesterday (by his standards) but he's still only young and learning his trade.

Pity about the result as I thought the overall performance was pleasing!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012