Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 07:52:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mr McIndoe  (Read 31097 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Mr McIndoe
« Reply #30 on July 31, 2010, 06:18:45 pm by MrFrost »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Why everyone so anti McIndoe - so he chased his dream ...whats up with that???

After difficult start in life he has turned things around and perhaps reached his target - just short of the premiership.

I'll tell you something he always gave 100% for us and was and is a total class act!

Formation wise have to be 4-4-2 to inc Copps - afterall not going to drop him!

FOr the second time tonight - its a no brainer - total quality !!!!

McIndoe for me is the best player I have seen in a Rovers shirt.
He was fantastic. I think the bust up with Dave Penney was the biggest fact in his departure.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 31, 2010, 06:20:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I think Woods is total paper talk nothing more and I would be very surprised if we have recieved a bid for him...

Anyone know if we have?

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 31, 2010, 06:21:15 pm by lee.j09 »
mcindoe i would take back straight away it would be another key signing for us this year,

a question,

how old is macca these days?

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 31, 2010, 06:24:22 pm by lee.j09 »
maybe worth a short term deal given his age then.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 31, 2010, 06:31:48 pm by mushRTID »
For me, I would rather spend 200k on a younger, lower league prospect.

I loved macca as much as the next man, but we have come a long way since he was our star player. Having had a few clubs now and not really settling anywhere for the last few years you have to wonder if he can settle here again (although i think he still has links to the area so may have more chance here than the other clubs).

I can see both sides of the argument to be honest. Just because people are unsure he can do it again doesnt mean they have forgot what he did for us.

I think it would create a bit of a buzz but I also think it could be a risk.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 31, 2010, 06:37:43 pm by Jonathan »
O'Driscoll knows his stuff and knows what he can do.

Both the club and Macca have moved on a lot since he was last here, but it should not be ignored that since he left us he has played all that time in the Championship and racked up a hell of a lot of experience at this level. He proved to be a particularly big hit in the Bristol City team that reached the play offs and was instrumental for them, as we found out at Ashton Gate the previous season. I can't see why anyone would not want us to benefit from that experience and ability.

Shortly after leaving the club he gave an interview stating that he would always feel a strong connection to the town and the club and would like to come back one day. Hopefully that day is now very close.

rbut

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 31, 2010, 06:49:27 pm by rbut »
ive heard its £200,000 ;)

VikingJames

« Reply #37 on July 31, 2010, 08:16:29 pm by VikingJames »
Could this be a concern?

Michael McIndoe fired a parting shot at Bristol City boss Gary Johnson after his £300,000 move to Championship rivals Coventry.

Midfielder McIndoe, 29, has signed a two-year contract with the Sky Blues, with the fee maybe rising to £500,000 based on appearances.

Ex-Scotland B winger McIndoe said: \"The gaffer said he wanted me to change the way I play, to play either as a left wing-back or in a central midfield role, but I have been a left-winger throughout my career and that is my best position.\"

If we're looking to turn him into a more central player, will it be such a good move? He doesn't seem so happy here that Gary Johnson asked him to play centrally. Or is he likely to play the role that Shiels often plays - wide on the left but with license to drift in field?

If he does sign, it'll be interesting to see where he fits in.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 31, 2010, 08:20:48 pm by stockyboy »
I can see him playing wide left or just in behind the front 2 or lone striker. Might even play wide right and be able to cut infield and get shots on goal. But it will be interesting.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 31, 2010, 08:21:11 pm by Jonathan »
O'Driscoll will know what he is doing and Macca is a good footballer. We have every reason to trust him with the transfer funds, he has not paid a fee for any player that has not been a success.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 31, 2010, 08:21:37 pm by keyser_soze »
Is he still with that bird from Harworth? guess that could be a factor in him wanting to return to the area. The quote above is very concerning however, O'Driscoll doesn't know what a left winger is!

His worth ethic is/was fantastic, and I have no doubt that O'Driscoll will get the very best out of him.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 31, 2010, 08:22:50 pm by Jonathan »
keyser_soze wrote:
Is he still with that bird from Harworth? guess that could be a factor in him wanting to return to the area. The quote above is very concerning however, O'Driscoll doesn't know what a left winger is!

Mark McCammon would beg to differ!  ;)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 31, 2010, 08:24:12 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Think he a strong character but so what !! Apart from copps and probably JET he has the best ability I have ever seen from a player wearing red and white!!!!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 31, 2010, 08:27:31 pm by coventryrover »
I think i may in the minority of not wanting him back.

I loved him when he was here.  He provided the drive and work ethic that saw us promoted.  I dont resent him for moving on, everyone would like to earn more money.  However, that was in the lower tiers.  From what i have seen of him in this division, i just dont think he cuts the mustard.  My cov city friends are  wondering who i was raving about all those years as he just hasnt performed at the ricoh.

I would much rather any money spent on a hungry, young lower league rising star.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 31, 2010, 08:28:32 pm by grayx »
lee.j09 wrote:
ive heard that its a replacement for woods, looks like woods is on his way out and mcindoe is coming in to replace him

That wouldn't bother me too much. Would make money on the deal as well.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 31, 2010, 08:30:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Hope it is the case that he comes back here, he was quality and SOD would get him playing to a great level, here's hoping.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 31, 2010, 08:31:24 pm by MrFrost »
coventryrover wrote:
I think i may in the minority of not wanting him back.

I loved him when he was here.  He provided the drive and work ethic that saw us promoted.  I dont resent him for moving on, everyone would like to earn more money.  However, that was in the lower tiers.  From what i have seen of him in this division, i just dont think he cuts the mustard.  My cov city friends are  wondering who i was raving about all those years as he just hasnt performed at the ricoh.

I would much rather any money spent on a hungry, young lower league rising star.

Is there any talk in Coventry about him leaving?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 31, 2010, 08:32:38 pm by coventryrover »
I will try and ask some of my mates.  They would probably pay for his train fare lol

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 31, 2010, 08:33:31 pm by Jonathan »
MrFrost wrote:
Is there any talk in Coventry about him leaving?

That's where the 'rumour' started last week.

Edit - I care not what the Coventry fans think of him, similar to how I pay no attention to the Blades fans that think Billy can't hack it.

Different clubs, set ups, managers, some people are just more suited to one place than another. I think we have always been Macca's second home.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 31, 2010, 08:35:15 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Not being funny but he was a world beater under Penny so what will he be like under SOD??? :huh:

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 31, 2010, 08:36:40 pm by bedale rover »
not for me

i always thought that he was a good player but not to the extent that some people are lauding him on here

not quick enough not flexible enough not young enough :(

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 31, 2010, 08:38:03 pm by mushRTID »
Maybe Gartom or Rob will have an update?  :)

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 31, 2010, 09:11:39 pm by NathanDRFC »
Poll added to the site on this subject.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 31, 2010, 09:15:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
The saying is never go back, but with the manager we have who can get the best out of players, this move could be an exeption to the rule. Macca has every attribute that I dare say Sean likes in a player, work ethic, skill, a real football brain, & he's a winner. Add to that his experience at this level, then he would certainly improve the squad.

Doesn't look like it has worked out for him at Coventry, & watching him against us his body language just wasn't right. Maybe a move here will give him a fresh start, & a chance to play in a footballing team. One thing is for sure, he won't be a big fish in a small pond if he does sign for us, but if true that he is avalable for that kind of fee then it's an absolute snip.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 31, 2010, 09:17:48 pm by Standanista »
Very little on the Coventry boards about him, doesn't sound like he's pulled too many trees up there.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 31, 2010, 09:24:05 pm by paddymacca »
McIndoe was brilliant for this club and then was under Dave Penney who could only take us as far as he could. Don't forget Gary Johnson was Macca's manager at Yeovil before he came here and then he eventually took him to Bristol where he was arguably there best player when they almost made the premiership.

Under SOD and ROK we could get the best out of Macca again. You've all seen what they have done with Oster, Sullivan, Sharp, coppinger etc the list is endless, players who have apparently had there day or not made the most of there abilities.

He could give us another dimension to are midfield. He is brilliant at dead ball situations and is a match winner.

I know he left on bad terms with some fans, but he wanted to play at a higher level than he was at the time, i know he went to Barnsley (which is probably the reason which annoyed most people more than anything) but he wan't there very long before he went on to be a real championship regular with top teams.

I would definitely welcome him back if indeed he want's to come back to the best footballing side in the division.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 31, 2010, 09:35:08 pm by eastender »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 31, 2010, 09:40:37 pm by RobTheRover »
The thing with Macca is that he very infrequently wasted a ball.  Nothing was ever aimless with him.

Sounds perfect for us right now.

Edit: Plus we need someone with some imagination at set pieces and corners.  Loved the short corners to Greeny, the little back heel return ball for macca to run on to...... I'm getting all excited here....

Time to start the campaign...  THE RETURN OF THE MAC!

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 31, 2010, 09:42:37 pm by pkt_drfc »
eastender wrote:
The Pride or Yorkshire Forum

http://yorkshire.the-talk.net/doncaster-rovers-f9/michael-mcindoe-t3019.htm#36724

Yep and my feelings are true i posted on there sorry if that rubs people up the wrong way on here

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 31, 2010, 09:43:34 pm by Jonathan »
RobTheRover wrote:
RETURN OF THE MAC!

Here it is!

Return of the Mac!

Come on

TinyPortal © 2005-2012