Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:28:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Atmosphere again  (Read 32497 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Atmosphere again
« Reply #150 on February 05, 2014, 12:01:26 pm by RedJ »
Get Duerden on!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on February 05, 2014, 12:13:36 pm by River Don »
I think the thing about the atmosphere at BV was it seemed quite good if you were stood on the pop. In other sections of the ground the sound was just lost in the expanse of the huge Rovers pitch.

JMT

After this amount of time, I think we can see the atmosphere at the KM won't just grow naturally.

But if they can create a space for singers, which doesn't restrict people moving around in it and incentivise people to use that area for that purpose, then I think there is a chance that something might grow organically.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #152 on February 05, 2014, 12:47:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There has been little concerted effort to promote the South Stand as the club has stunted any initiative and growth with it's pricing policy. Remember when South was recatogorised to A and £28 a ticket? Its been like banging heads eversince for common sense to prevail. Just when we believe we've negotiated the right conditions to foster growth in the South the club throw in a curveball. The introduction of Cat C in West with no consultation is that curveball.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on February 05, 2014, 01:48:19 pm by hoolahoop »
Who said we don't join in. My point was about unallocated seating and enjoying where we sit.

Saying ' the lads at the back are good entertainment' almost implies that you don' t take part yourself.
My apologies if you are part of this group and sing your heart out as do the older lads with you.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on February 05, 2014, 08:35:10 pm by normal rules »
Sw corner anyone? That way you influence both the south and west stand?

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on February 07, 2014, 08:34:21 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Sorry if this has already been mentioned earlier on in the thread, I can't be arsed to read all 7 pages, but, if a 'singing section' came to light and by the sounds of it - it would be in the North West corner. Obviously this means the majority of people who want to be involved would have to move from the likes of the South Stand etc, etc.

What happens if this safe standing also comes to light? (see SilentMajority's recent thread) Surely the safe standing section would be in the South stand? This meaning either: Choose to stand in safe standing with probably minimal atmosphere, or stand in the North West section and create an atmosphere - this meaning rules will be broken in the North West!

So, basically the 'singing section' would have to be in the South Stand if 'safe standing' occured and people who have re-located to the North West from the South would have to re-locate from the North West to the South ..............!

Or am I just confusing things!?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #156 on February 07, 2014, 08:49:06 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Atmosphere is not just about a singing section. It's about engagement of all fans with the event.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on February 07, 2014, 09:19:13 am by silent majority »
SoundbiteBarmyArmy,

I couldn't possibly imagine a 'safe standing' section being erected in the N West corner alongside the away fans, common sense tells you that it would be in the South stand. The Police, who would undoubtedly have a say, and the local SAG who would enforce this, have always maintained that standing leads to outbreaks of violence ( I know, it's a crazy assumption) and therefore the request would have to be met by allowing the two sets of fans who wish to stand to be at opposite ends of the ground.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on February 07, 2014, 09:27:54 am by Boomstick »
Safe standing is years away, and I'm sceptical it will ever happen. So this shouldn't distract the campaign to get a designated singing section near the north west corner.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on February 07, 2014, 09:31:01 am by RJHeader »
Surely the best place would be an area no fans are in? I.E the NW corner in the away end. Then shifting the away fans towards the East Stand a block or two?

This therefore doesnt chuck people our there season tickets seats

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on February 07, 2014, 09:32:05 am by silent majority »
Safe standing is years away, and I'm sceptical it will ever happen. So this shouldn't distract the campaign to get a designated singing section near the north west corner.

Obviously it's not a subject that you understand a whole lot. Being a member of the campaign I can tell you it's a lot closer than you imagine. It might take a few years for everybody to adopt it but several clubs already have planning applications submitted which include rail seating, and one club is having some fitted in an existing stadium this week.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on February 07, 2014, 09:34:55 am by silent majority »
Surely the best place would be an area no fans are in? I.E the NW corner in the away end. Then shifting the away fans towards the East Stand a block or two?

Yes but that doesn't allow for the complications I've highlighted. Plus by giving the northern end of the east stand to the away fans permanently leaves the regular east stand home fans having to suffer a reduced catering service which is currently very poor.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on February 07, 2014, 09:37:54 am by RJHeader »

Yes but that doesn't allow for the complications I've highlighted. Plus by giving the northern end of the east stand to the away fans permanently leaves the regular east stand home fans having to suffer a reduced catering service which is currently very poor.

Fair point. I think wherever it ends up. It will annoy some people wont it! Cant please everyone unfortunately.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on February 07, 2014, 09:40:52 am by silent majority »
No you can't. But there will be time to plan this.

Our suggestion has always been to have small areas converted to test the application and acceptance. I would suggest the south west or south east corner to start with.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on February 07, 2014, 09:48:33 am by Boomstick »
If it can't be done in the north west corner, then I think centre few blocks of the south stand would be best

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on February 07, 2014, 05:33:33 pm by i_ateallthepies »
If it can't be done in the north west corner, then I think centre few blocks of the south stand would be best

Unfortunately it can't be that simple.  The standing area would have to be restricted to the rows furthest back in the stand so that the view for those seated in the sections to each side of the standing support isn't obstructed.  The standing block would have to be like an inverted pyramid probably not extending any further than half way down the stand.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on February 07, 2014, 06:27:30 pm by Al4475 »
I assume the Safe Standing zone would have to be in an area where it didn't cause restricted views to the seated spectators nearby - so that'd mean it'd have to be slap bang in the middle of the ends wouldn't it?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on February 07, 2014, 06:29:56 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Spot on AL.  The corners would cause least disruption to adjacent seated views.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012