Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:22:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club up for sale?  (Read 31011 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Club up for sale?
« Reply #30 on October 26, 2014, 03:50:16 pm by the vicar »
I think the real term is penny pinching

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 26, 2014, 04:38:57 pm by BobG »
I don't.

if anything, it's removing rotten apples.

BobG

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 26, 2014, 05:09:40 pm by sheriff2971 »
I don't.

BobG

So you're suggesting Steve was a rotten apple? Do you have any evidence of this, before jumping the gun?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 26, 2014, 06:16:09 pm by StocktonRover »
I don't.

BobG

So you're suggesting Steve was a rotten apple? Do you have any evidence of this, before jumping the gun?

You don't need evidence for an opinion!

sheriff2971

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 26, 2014, 06:19:40 pm by sheriff2971 »
I don't.

BobG

I wouldn't say it is an opinion, more deformation of character.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 26, 2014, 06:26:16 pm by StocktonRover »
I don't.

BobG

I wouldn't say it is an opinion, more deformation of character.

I would say its an opinion, we view it differently - however it certainly isn't defamation of character.

Its not worth us as fans getting all wound up over it, people get made redundant all of the time. If the business abide by employment law there's not a thing any of us could do about it.

If Mr Utley feels he hasn't been dealt with in line with employment law, then there is a route for him to go to a tribunal and put his case forward.

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 26, 2014, 07:17:10 pm by walter the red »
What was the little demonstration all about yesterday in the south stand- Suddenly at about the 16th min 2 rows in front of me a large bespectacled man jumped up ,dashed down the steps waving a rovers shirt,his younger companion was still in his seat waving a flag. the man ran along the pathway behind the goal and got the (small ) section near the back of the stand singing "there's only one Steve Uttley "-now was this all prearranged as it appeared to be this one man and youth trying to orchestrate a puzzled audience ??

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 26, 2014, 07:28:04 pm by lee.j09 »
I don't.

BobG

My opinion is there is a rotten apple on this forum

Lee

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 26, 2014, 07:31:46 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I guess it's the same reason that anyone gets made redundant - the position is no longer required....

Jenny, please don't be naïve.
People get made redundant because companies want to cut costs.
It's also a device to get rid of those whose faces don't fit.
Uttley came into the latter category because of his close association with JR, likewise Dave Parker.
His departure also helps to cut costs which those in control are certainly not averse to.
Meanwhile those closer to the throne get their offices refurbished.
Apparently, most unusually, the owners were out in force yesterday.
Maybe you'll get your wish to see another employee made redundant...
If that happens don't be surprised to see a certain NCO promoted from the ranks.
Helps to keep the costs down.

Slated when they don't attend, and then slated when they do, they just can't win can they?

Not sure why you would think I'm slating them for attending because I'm certainly not.
The more they attend, the more they will learn about football and its fans...and the more interested they may become.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 26, 2014, 07:33:19 pm by StocktonRover »
I don't.

BobG

My opinion is there is a rotten apple on this forum

Lee

Lee, there are numerous rotten apples on this forum - trouble is, one mans rotten apple is another mans cider.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 26, 2014, 07:34:01 pm by Lifelong supporter »
I think there has been a lot of leaking things over the last 2 years,maybe  that will stop now.

You will never stop leaks, and often those keen on stopping leaks are those with something to hide.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 26, 2014, 07:38:41 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Make the photographer redundant the post no longer exists, then employ a picture taker on half the salary.

happens all over the place slightly different job description and job title

Uttley was more than a photographer.
In fact he was in charge of the media department until they had the bright idea of appointing someone above him who had no experience of media management.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 26, 2014, 07:45:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
Hey Lifelong, what is JR up to now btw? Does he attend games?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 26, 2014, 08:04:37 pm by Lifelong supporter »

Not Rovers games, as far as I know.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 26, 2014, 09:44:45 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Make the photographer redundant the post no longer exists, then employ a picture taker on half the salary.

happens all over the place slightly different job description and job title

Uttley was more than a photographer.
In fact he was in charge of the media department until they had the bright idea of appointing someone above him who had no experience of media management.

Not disputing that at all Lifelong it was a pure analogy on how companies get get round stuff

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 26, 2014, 09:50:01 pm by BobG »
Hi Sherif, and Lee too

If you've been around a while, you 'll be able to judge those that let their emotions talk and those that use their brains instead. I t's a really, really important distinction. And it's one that should inform your thoughts before you jump to the plain silly conclusions that you have. Me? I have a brain. And I use it. It's amazing what conclusions you can come to when you link facts (facts!) separated by time and space. It's the noticing, remembering and thinking that's important in reaching conclusions about this particular subject. Try it sometime.

BobG

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Uttley
« Reply #46 on October 26, 2014, 10:39:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
My only puzzlement was his 'secondment' to JR and Crowdfunder. Was it a conflict with his then current employer? Did he risk his own position by helping JR with the takeover thinking he was joining up with his new paymaster?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 26, 2014, 10:44:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Probably only Steve could ever answer that

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 26, 2014, 11:13:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Lifelong.

I don't understand you. You are clearly close to Ryan. That much is obvious. But why this antipathy towards Bramall and Watson? They were happy to sell up to Ryan. If he had had the funds to satisfy the League.

Why do you continue to carp at what happens in the club? Surely pissing off the current owners can't help the club can it? There's no-one else to take over.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Current owners
« Reply #49 on October 27, 2014, 12:48:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I really want to see what they can do without the spectre of JR/KP hovering in the background. But one way or another, they have got to connect to the fans. They have to set the foundations that the whole of the fanbase can relate to. David Blunt has got to come out and state his vision for the club. JR's words were "This town should be able to support a Championship club". He didn't put a timesale on it or a value but we bought in to it. The owners need to put their own stamp on it by spreading a simple message that resonates with the vast malority.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 27, 2014, 10:07:05 am by River Don »
I guess it's the same reason that anyone gets made redundant - the position is no longer required....

Uttley came into the latter category because of his close association with JR, likewise Dave Parker.
His departure also helps to cut costs which those in control are certainly not averse to.
If that happens don't be surprised to see a certain NCO promoted from the ranks.

Slated when they don't attend, and then slated when they do, they just can't win can they?

Not sure why you would think I'm slating them for attending because I'm certainly not.
The more they attend, the more they will learn about football and its fans...and the more interested they may become.

I sit in the block in front of their box, I can't remember the last home game they weren't there.

I can't make midweek games very often, perhaps it is those fixtures they are missing?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 27, 2014, 10:12:08 am by Filo »

Personally, I don't go to games to see who's in the Directors box, and if JR didn't parade himself around the pitch when he did attend, then I wouldn't have a clue if he was there or not, I go to watch the game and support the team, not Director/Owner spotting.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 27, 2014, 10:34:58 am by Yargo »
What was the little demonstration all about yesterday in the south stand- Suddenly at about the 16th min 2 rows in front of me a large bespectacled man jumped up ,dashed down the steps waving a rovers shirt,his younger companion was still in his seat waving a flag. the man ran along the pathway behind the goal and got the (small ) section near the back of the stand singing "there's only one Steve Uttley "-now was this all prearranged as it appeared to be this one man and youth trying to orchestrate a puzzled audience ??
Someone on day release forgot medication?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 27, 2014, 11:33:10 am by wesisback »
Someone on day release forgot medication?

madbadrob

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 27, 2014, 11:45:31 am by madbadrob »
BobG I am assuming you are saying Steve Uttley was a bad apple because he supported JR.  If so then no surprise there seeing as the VSC have an anti JR agenda.  As for leaks from the club.  All the 'leaks' I hear have never come from Steve and in fact Steve used to get annoyed when we 'broke' information he was lining up for the press days before he could.  The leaks come from much lower down the pay line than where Steve was. But again you would know that.  I also wonder how much info Martin is given which he divulges to his select few. 

But back to my agenda. BobG if you have any evidence that can be substantiated about Steve being a bad apple then I would welcome you sharing it and if you dont then I feel you should be issuing a public apology because that comment may be an opinion but that opinion could if Steve wanted to find you issued with an injunction.

As for the person asking what the demo was on Saturday.  It shows how good the VSC is at disseminating information.  We the fans decided that on the 14th minute we would have a one minute of Theres only one Steve Uttley to show the club and Steve that he was going to be missed.  It  was no more a demonstration than a group singing Paul Dickovs barmy army for an hour. 

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 27, 2014, 11:58:02 am by Yargo »
Anyone know what his favourite cheese was?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 27, 2014, 11:59:02 am by IDM »
  It shows how good the VSC is at disseminating information. 

Did the VSC have this information to disseminate in the first place?

And, in respect of Steve Uttley, has it been officially confirmed he is leaving?  Why would the VSC comment, publicly, on something that is unofficial?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Uttley
« Reply #57 on October 27, 2014, 12:12:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Scuse my memory but where has the VSC made any statement about Steve Uttley?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 27, 2014, 12:22:52 pm by bobbymax »
 :that:

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 27, 2014, 12:34:40 pm by wesisback »
Anyone know what his favourite cheese was?
Johns was Austrian Smoked - Packs a punch but for an acquired taste.
No doubt the current lot would be Swiss. Not very interesting, looks firm but ultimately full of holes!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012