Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:27:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank - Flag Designs  (Read 34571 times)

BlackBank

Black Bank - Flag Designs
« on March 06, 2015, 07:32:16 pm by BlackBank »
If you haven't seen our news recently, we have managed to surpass our initial target of £500 in our 'Flag Fund'. As such we are looking to invite fans to submit designs that they want to see created using the money raised.

In a couple of weeks we'll look to run a poll and let fans decide which flag(s) they want to see decorating our stadium next season.

Below are a couple of designs just to kick things off:

You can find out more info on our website: http://blackbank.co.uk/flag-designs/

Welcome to the Black Bank

LC

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RTID75

• VSC Member
Re: Black Bank - Flag Designs
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2015, 07:40:15 pm by RTID75 »
Apologies in advance, but am I the only one who finds that skull design pretentious and embarrassing?  :chair:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2015, 08:03:12 pm by Nudga »
Yes

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2015, 08:59:16 pm by NickDRFC »
Apologies in advance, but am I the only one who finds that skull design pretentious and embarrassing?  :chair:

Wouldn't say pretentious or embarassing but I don't like it, looks like a logo for a death metal "band" (screeching and playing instruments loudly doesn't make music for me).

Couldn't suggest a better one though so will be behind it!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2015, 09:11:31 pm by acko »
whats wrong with the badge we already have

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2015, 09:38:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Skull's alright but I'm f***ed if I understand why it's got dancing dinosaurs with big Afros on either side of its head.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2015, 09:50:56 pm by RobTheRover »
I like the logo. It's dark and brooding, much like the name Black Bank is. The KMS is too nice for opposition teams. Let's set the tone as somewhere to revere. 

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 06, 2015, 09:55:18 pm by RTID75 »
Skull's alright but I'm f***ed if I understand why it's got dancing dinosaurs with big Afros on either side of its head.

They're Margesimpsonosauruses.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 06, 2015, 10:12:16 pm by scaley back rover »

Don't dice with JJ Price

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 06, 2015, 11:22:35 pm by Canadian Rover »
Silly idea and I'm prepared to be shot down in flames here.... but any thoughts on the black back logo someway referring to the coal mines too? 

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 06, 2015, 11:27:14 pm by wilts rover »
Silly idea and I'm prepared to be shot down in flames here.... but any thoughts on the black back logo someway referring to the coal mines too? 

We have just as much connection to the railway as we were formed as a railway team

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 06, 2015, 11:58:53 pm by southwestexile »

Noticing that is making me warm to it

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 07, 2015, 07:01:19 am by Nudga »
How about this Viking that River Don (Charles) did for me. I don't mind that being nicked.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 07, 2015, 07:32:44 am by auckleyflyer »
Fek all wrong with the Viking!?
why skulls n dancing dinos? its somert my goth 14y old would come up with!!!
How about a Viking on a train (von ryans express!!!:):) holding coal pick's covers all bases?

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 07, 2015, 07:38:06 am by Belle_Vue »
Why not take the Viking and create an 'ultra' design if thats what your after. A viking is already an imposing character.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 07, 2015, 08:58:53 am by GazLaz »
That's a Viking on the Black Bank logo.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 07, 2015, 10:05:16 am by RTID75 »
Why not take the Viking and create an 'ultra' design if thats what your after. A viking is already an imposing character.

That's exactly what I mean. It's the skull that leaves me cold. Who are we trying to kid with that? Go one step further and we'd be at the 'Well come to hell' banners you see at certain fruit cake Turkish grounds.

Banners? Yes! Atmosphere? Yes! Thinking we can ever be 'Ultras' - no.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 07, 2015, 10:09:29 am by Boomstick »

That's exactly what I mean. It's the skull that leaves me cold. Who are we trying to kid with that? Go one step further and we'd be at the 'Well come to hell' banners you see at certain fruit cake Turkish grounds.

Banners? Yes! Atmosphere? Yes! Thinking we can ever be 'Ultras' - no.
Bore off then. With that attitude we wont achieve anything.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the Black Bank ULTRAS!!!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 07, 2015, 10:16:43 am by acko »
could be me,could be my age,but I find the black flag design a bit like welcome to Donny fight us if you dare.nothing to do with atmosphere,might be all right in league one but after that ,leeds ,millwall etc will treat it as an invitation for conflict

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 07, 2015, 10:25:44 am by GazLaz »
It depends what your definition of "Ultras" is.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 07, 2015, 10:29:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Boomstick

Are you looking forward to that for NEXT season? Given that there's nowt to play for THIS season.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 07, 2015, 10:33:23 am by godlike1 »
I really like the idea but..........

I agree that the logo is not welcoming to fans, it almost makes it look like some hooligan group intent on causing Agro and fighting at the club

Is that the impression we want to create?...........

The fact that this is my first impression means that there will be others who will think the same

This needs to be very carefully thought out to get the full backing of everyone, not just those on here and the founders, in order that it is bought into by everyone

I hope one day that I'll bring my son to the black bank stand but not with that image no way hozay

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 07, 2015, 10:40:46 am by Filo »
The Black Bank politically correct non aggressive flag?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 07, 2015, 10:41:59 am by bobjimwilly »
that dove looks a bit menacing Filo. And where has it nicked that olive branch from?

Viking Jack

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 07, 2015, 12:45:33 pm by Viking Jack »
I like the initiative and the idea of having flags and banners in the south stand, but I have to agree with some of the others, all the black flags and skulls are a bit much. It's not menacing or impressive, it's something a skinny teenager would do to try and be 'edgy' and it comes off as awfully cringey. Imagine if Barnsley had banners with skulls on, we'd mock them mercilessly.

What's wrong with red and white? and the club crest?

edit: I'll just say as well that I'll still back it, because whatever we get has to be better than what we have now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:49:18 pm by Viking Jack »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 07, 2015, 01:39:35 pm by The Red Baron »
Surely what we are aiming for is a hostile but non-violent environment. A difficult balancing act for sure.

I like the idea of the Viking logo. Surely it could be made to look fearsome enough without getting into the realm of skulls?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 07, 2015, 02:00:22 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
First of all, great to see a positive post by Boomstick - go go go!

A Viking skull/berserker is spot on. Black is a good thing too.

Its the opposite to the vommit centred cheerleader, pom pom, teddy bear Yankie crap that sports clubs have imported over past years.

It's about unbridled passion, attracting people who want to go berserk and scream and shout and make a striking display. Some people crave that and no better place than a footy stadium for that to be expressed. It will attract more fans.

As for flag designs, I like the skull emblem on a cross in the first post, though think the emblem should be much bigger, AND use viking swords - what is on there are 12th century european ones. Typical Viking swords have a different blade end and a much shorter cross guard.

This is the beginning, it will develop  :scarf:

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 07, 2015, 02:04:15 pm by redwine »
Hmmn, skulls on flags.

I think I'm going to turn up with a crutch, a wooden leg and a parrot and my shoulder for the Peterborough game.

:)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 07, 2015, 02:20:44 pm by Mr1Croft »
Absolutely spot on there BRR.

When we discussed designs for our logo, we discussed the Viking and we did feel we could exploit that a lot more than what the club has in recent years and we did try to incorporate that as much as possible.

But we need to remember that we're not trying to recreate the Rovers badge here, we're trying to create an identity and the viking skull seemed fitting given what we were trying to achieve. The name 'Black Bank' is almost a play on words. Black and Skulls are often symbols of death, with the word Bank also meaning an inclined surface, or a surface that has risen. We are trying to breath new life and rise our dead atmosphere at the Keepmoat and so both the name and logo symbolise that.

We did try viking swords in the initial design but we wanted to ensure the logo was as simple as it could be and merchandise friendly for embroidery and that meant the guard had to be bigger which is why we opted for a more medieval type sword.

I do think there is currently a perception that 'Ultras' is a dirty word because we automatically think of the Italian and Turkish Ultras which are more of a case of being the exception than the norm. In truth Ultras are just fans who want to support the team both vocally and visually, and that includes colour. We want the South Stand awash with our colours next season. We've made our logo black and white to make it stand out on a red backdrop.

Getting back on topic, we want fans to designs the flags, and that design can pretty much be anything with as much colour or vikings as you want!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 07, 2015, 03:06:59 pm by Canadian Rover »
Can't see any logic on not having the rovers logo on ot at all. Call it the black bank...have different flags etc... but why another brand/logo.... overall seems to dilute not add to the one thing that unites us all drfc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012