Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:08:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation  (Read 31028 times)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation
« Reply #60 on February 20, 2016, 05:50:40 pm by Iberian Red »
Anyway, I can't be arsed anymore. I can't believe some people on here are genuinely not concerned at our plight and will aimlessly back the board and anything they do. Enjoy next season sat in the Keepmoat with 11000 empty seats.

No wonder John Ryan wanted out.

Is everything that comes out of your mouth total boll**ks,or do you just save it all up for this forum?
If you seriously believe anyone on here wants us to go down,you're a bigger toss pot than I ever gave you credit for.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 20, 2016, 05:51:03 pm by MrFrost »
Serious question Frosty, can you outline exactly what you want from the club and how they are to go about achieving this within the restrictions of FFP?

Maybe not come out and spin bullshit about going for promotion to set everyone up for disappointment.
FFP is for wages and not transfer fees, so maybe sign some in demand quality players that will cost money instead of free transfer or players who cost a "nominal" fee.

How much did Rotherham, Bournemouth, Brentford etc spend to get out of the division? If you want success, it is nearly impossible to do it on a shoe string.

Like I said, most on here are happy for us to struggle as long as we are "sustainable". Fortunately, this forum only respresents the opinions of a minority, most who I know who attend are of the same thinking of myself.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 20, 2016, 05:51:26 pm by MrFrost »
Anyway, I can't be arsed anymore. I can't believe some people on here are genuinely not concerned at our plight and will aimlessly back the board and anything they do. Enjoy next season sat in the Keepmoat with 11000 empty seats.

No wonder John Ryan wanted out.

Is everything that comes out of your mouth total boll**ks,or do you just save it all up for this forum?
If you seriously believe anyone on here wants us to go down,you're a bigger toss pot than I ever gave you credit for.

Ahh the abuse starts. Go away.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 20, 2016, 06:18:52 pm by wilts rover »
Serious question Frosty, can you outline exactly what you want from the club and how they are to go about achieving this within the restrictions of FFP?

Maybe not come out and spin bullshit about going for promotion to set everyone up for disappointment.
FFP is for wages and not transfer fees, so maybe sign some in demand quality players that will cost money instead of free transfer or players who cost a "nominal" fee.

How much did Rotherham, Bournemouth, Brentford etc spend to get out of the division? If you want success, it is nearly impossible to do it on a shoe string.

Like I said, most on here are happy for us to struggle as long as we are "sustainable". Fortunately, this forum only respresents the opinions of a minority, most who I know who attend are of the same thinking of myself.

And how much have Sheffield United spent to stay here? How much have Burton spent? Or Gillingham? Or Walsall? Are you telling me we dont have as a big a budget as Rochdale or Port Vale - who are both above us.

In my opinion the squad now is worse than what it was at the beginning of the season - and at the beginning of the season it was one that should have been challenging for promotion. You can blame who you want for where we are now - but there is only one person who can change it.

Sustainability is a long term project. If you want to support a club whose only strategy is to spend more than anyone else then you probably shouldnt be following Doncaster Rovers.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 20, 2016, 06:20:27 pm by MrFrost »

And how much have Sheffield United spent to stay here? How much have Burton spent? Or Gillingham? Or Walsall? Are you telling me we dont have as a big a budget as Rochdale or Port Vale - who are both above us.

In my opinion the squad now is worse than what it was at the beginning of the season - and at the beginning of the season it was one that should have been challenging for promotion. You can blame who you want for where we are now - but there is only one person who can change it.

Sustainability is a long term project. If you want to support a club whose only strategy is to spend more than anyone else then you probably shouldnt be following Doncaster Rovers.

I want a club that shows ambition and desire to be successful. I see no evidence of that anywhere.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 20, 2016, 06:21:20 pm by Campsall rover »
Is now looking a real possibility

3 points off the drop as it stands and we don't look like even getting a point at the moment let alone a win.

Everything at the club is a shambles at the moment.

Support is at its lowest levels since the Conference, results and performances are at that level too.

Someone needs to come out and be accountable and state what their plan is to stop the rot. It's not good enough any more.
For heaven sake get a grip.
How can you say everything at the club is a shambles. DRFC is one of the best run clubs in the football league and under the current owners are in safe hands.
The knee jerk reactions I see on here just astound me.
Yes our current form is very poor and was unexpected but I am confident we will improve and stay up.
Fergie will bring in the players he wants in the summer.
GET A GRIP

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 20, 2016, 06:22:12 pm by dickos1 »
Signing Williams didn't show any ambition no?
Signing a proper goalie?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 20, 2016, 06:25:40 pm by MrFrost »
Is now looking a real possibility

3 points off the drop as it stands and we don't look like even getting a point at the moment let alone a win.

Everything at the club is a shambles at the moment.

Support is at its lowest levels since the Conference, results and performances are at that level too.

Someone needs to come out and be accountable and state what their plan is to stop the rot. It's not good enough any more.
For heaven sake get a grip.
How can you say everything at the club is a shambles. DRFC is one of the best run clubs in the football league and under the current owners are in safe hands.
The knee jerk reactions I see on here just astound me.
Yes our current form is very poor and was unexpected but I am confident we will improve and stay up.
Fergie will bring in the players he wants in the summer.
GET A GRIP

What is your definition of well run? Having minimal spend? Dwindling attendances? Hoping for mid table at best? A club with zero presence in the town and the marketing clout of your local newsagents?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 20, 2016, 06:26:36 pm by MrFrost »
Signing a proper goalie?

At the same time signing players like N'Guessan on long term deals.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 20, 2016, 06:28:08 pm by dickos1 »
And that's the boards fault how?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 20, 2016, 06:28:55 pm by MrFrost »

I'd like the think they'd have the power of veto for stupid signings.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 20, 2016, 06:35:03 pm by raggytash »
Well scunny and fleetwood have a nice loophole which any club can do... Ie an office for rent 1.5 of 2 million... It's obvious there's no intention of investment whatsoever, club Doncaster is a joke and even Baldwin won't say figures but it's a known fact is less than 150 a month!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 20, 2016, 06:39:54 pm by dickos1 »

I'd like the think they'd have the power of veto for stupid signings.

Ridiculous, if that happened here I would stop going, if you think brammall should be making football decisions then you're dafter than I thought

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 20, 2016, 06:40:37 pm by wilts rover »
Well scunny and fleetwood have a nice loophole which any club can do... Ie an office for rent 1.5 of 2 million... It's obvious there's no intention of investment whatsoever, club Doncaster is a joke and even Baldwin won't say figures but it's a known fact is less than 150 a month!!

Fleetwood are below us in the league.

The evidence for 'investment' - if you call having to spend more money out than what you have coming in 'investment' - is in the past club accounts.

Club Doncaster is a benefit scheme that will benefit you if you are a gym user and support sport in Doncaster. You appear to have a problem with that?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 20, 2016, 06:41:19 pm by dickos1 »

Why is it obvious? They're losing millions every year running this club,

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 20, 2016, 06:42:58 pm by Campsall rover »
Signing a proper goalie?

So you want the board to make the signings do you. He was PD's signing.
This board have got more sence than you give them credit for and we should be very thankful that our club is in local hands with people who care about the town and football club.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 20, 2016, 06:43:09 pm by MrFrost »

The evidence for 'investment' - if you call having to spend more money out than what you have coming in 'investment' - is in the past club accounts.

Club Doncaster is a benefit scheme that will benefit you if you are a gym user and support sport in Doncaster. You appear to have a problem with that?

Ah yes, Club Doncaster. A scheme which I believe to be a good idea yet is marketed like an elite club - ergo there is no marketing at all. Hardly anyone knows about it.

dickos - it isn't that long ago since the board were very active the transfer dealings and decided who was brought in. Did you stop going then?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 20, 2016, 06:44:17 pm by MrFrost »
Signing a proper goalie?

So you want the board to make the signings do you. He was PD's signing.
This board have got more sence than you give them credit for and we should be very thankful that our club is in local hands with people who care about the town and football club.

Even if that means undoing our achievements of the last 12 years, slowly and silently slipping down the leagues in an every increasing empty stadium?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 20, 2016, 06:47:27 pm by dickos1 »

Ah yes, Club Doncaster. A scheme which I believe to be a good idea yet is marketed like an elite club - ergo there is no marketing at all. Hardly anyone knows about it.

dickos - it isn't that long ago since the board were very active the transfer dealings and decided who was brought in. Did you stop going then?

I have no problem in the board suggesting players to the manager but he should always make the final decision,
You're saying the board should've overruled the manager that's a completely different situation

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 20, 2016, 06:47:54 pm by Campsall rover »
Mr Frost do you remember someone called Richardson, yes you would be entitled to moan. He turned our club into a laughing stock.
You really don't know when you are well off do you.
Get a grip on reality please.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 20, 2016, 06:48:56 pm by MrFrost »

I have no problem in the board suggesting players to the manager but he should always make the final decision,
You're saying the board should've overruled the manager that's a completely different situation

Do you think Dean Saunders was behind the signings during the experiment? Did you stop going then?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 20, 2016, 06:49:35 pm by MrFrost »
Mr Frost do you remember someone called Richardson, yes you would be entitled to moan. He turned our club into a laughing stock.
You really don't know when you are well off do you.
Get a grip on reality please.

Yes I do, I was fully aware, I was there.
Still, you're just ingnoring the questions I am asking. Because you know i'm right but won't admit.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on February 20, 2016, 06:51:00 pm by dickos1 »
Saunders always said he had the final say, I believed him you obviously don't

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 20, 2016, 06:52:29 pm by MrFrost »
Saunders always said he had the final say, I believed him you obviously don't

I can assure you, he didn't.

I'm past caring anyway, every post you make on the forum dickos is to argue or disagree with someone.
Even to the point of last week being adement there were no Police in the stadium when there clearly were.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 20, 2016, 06:56:22 pm by dickos1 »
Don't be daft, it just winds me up when this board is rammed after a defeat but when things are going well they disappear, it's the mentality, you want us to do shit so you can come on here and say you were right,
Last week I said it was the worst performance in years, I don't think many disagreed, but god almighty your reaction tonight is ridiculous

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 20, 2016, 07:01:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Our performances are terrible at the moment and it's the fault of the players. Ferguson looks fed up with them.  Confidence and lack of Jones type figures on the pitch is an issue.

Again the opposition today were average and we just have to create and take chances better.  Our midfield is a big problem. I like Keegan but he's not dynamic enough for this team. We need better technical players.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 20, 2016, 07:01:45 pm by raggytash »
Like many other disgruntled fans, the facts don't lie, this board had us top half of championship albeit with Jr on board... 12000 at home good times.... Then a slow dying death commences, relegated, no investment, same old b*llocks at mto, attendances down to 5000 but still there doing a great job??? I'm simply going on facts folks, and with there considerable wealth success could easily be sought, but it's obvious success is not wanted and in my honest opinion I think there's an underlying issue

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 20, 2016, 07:01:52 pm by MrFrost »
Don't be daft, it just winds me up when this board is rammed after a defeat but when things are going well they disappear, it's the mentality, you want us to do shit so you can come on here and say you were right,
Last week I said it was the worst performance in years, I don't think many disagreed, but god almighty your reaction tonight is ridiculous

I don't come on here after a win and think things are fine. I've not been happy with the way things have been done at the club since the experiment.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 20, 2016, 07:02:55 pm by MrFrost »
Like many other disgruntled fans, the facts don't lie, this board had us top half of championship albeit with Jr on board... 12000 at home good times.... Then a slow dying death commences, relegated, no investment, same old b*llocks at mto, attendances down to 5000 but still there doing a great job??? I'm simply going on facts folks, and with there considerable wealth success could easily be sought, but it's obvious success is not wanted and in my honest opinion I think there's an underlying issue

Exactly.

bally1950

« Reply #89 on February 20, 2016, 07:09:43 pm by bally1950 »
Well I am with BFYP.

I have been saying the same all season....And to consider giving Coppinger another contract is IMO a load of rubbish. I firmly believe he has not had a good game all season, I may be wrong but do not recall anything outstanding.. Que Serra Serra

TinyPortal © 2005-2012