Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:40:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Bigger Picture  (Read 3999 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: The Bigger Picture
« Reply #60 on March 25, 2023, 01:43:42 pm by roversdude »
Apologies I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but have we any solar panels on the roof. There has been great advances in storage of energy, granted not enough to power the energy hungry floodlights. Is there anything in place at Cantley Park where players will spend more time than at the ground itself

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on March 25, 2023, 02:46:47 pm by since-1969 »
SM has said in the past TB will provide funds when necessary

That’s right, there is no hard and fast rule depending on which league we’re in.

TB as far as I’m aware is providing funds currently to help with cash flows as the changing energy scene is creating havoc with that. The club received a demand quite recently for an immediate payment somewhere in the region of £325,000, needless to say it was challenged.
So will they still be cutting its floodlight use during match days . As it is noticeably that at least third of the lights are seldom used !

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 25, 2023, 02:50:47 pm by roversdude »
I think it’s been covered before that we don’t need all the lights on to meet minimum standards

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 25, 2023, 08:03:20 pm by Padge_DRFC »
As a rough guide, if we were back in League One and we decided we didn’t want the owner subsidy and became ‘self sustainable’ would we broadly have a budget that should keep us up all things being equal but not much more than that, if we didn’t take on debt to fill the spending gap?

I think that’s probably the more realistic measure as we can’t and shouldn’t expect Terry to be around forever subsidising us.

Yes, the increase in solidarity and TV payments makes it much easier to do.

Why does it make us more competitive when everyone else in league 1 will get this?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 25, 2023, 08:11:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
As a rough guide, if we were back in League One and we decided we didn’t want the owner subsidy and became ‘self sustainable’ would we broadly have a budget that should keep us up all things being equal but not much more than that, if we didn’t take on debt to fill the spending gap?

I think that’s probably the more realistic measure as we can’t and shouldn’t expect Terry to be around forever subsidising us.

Yes, the increase in solidarity and TV payments makes it much easier to do.

Why does it make us more competitive when everyone else in league 1 will get this?

Doesn’t make us more competitive. Just means the owners don’t need to put as much, or any, cash in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012