Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 05:38:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: billy sharp  (Read 32416 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
billy sharp
« on June 22, 2010, 04:20:56 pm by watto-drfc »
Burnley are in talks with Sheffield United striker Billy Sharp about a move to Turf Moor, skysports.com understands.

Sharp's future at United has been the subject of speculation for some time with the player spending all last season on loan at Doncaster.

Doncaster have expressed an interest in making Sharp's move permanent, but Burnley are hoping to beat their Championship rivals to the 24-year-old's signature.

Burnley are believed to have had a bid accepted for the former Scunthorpe man and Sharp is now locked in talks with the Clarets.

Turf Moor boss Brian Laws is keen to bolster his attacking options after losing Steven Fletcher to Wolves and sees Sharp, who he worked with during his time in charge of Scunthorpe, as a key addition to his rebuilding plans for next season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re:billy sharp
« Reply #1 on June 22, 2010, 04:26:37 pm by Wellred »
Didn't skysports news report weeks ago that Burnely had already signed Billy?

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 22, 2010, 04:37:06 pm by watto-drfc »
john ryan just been on radio dee dah and said Burnley have made an offer for billy and he also mentioned there £17m parachute payment.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 22, 2010, 04:38:18 pm by Filo »
And to counter that report from Sky JR is still optimistic we`ll get him, so if as some say Billy is not Motivated by money it`s a no brainer for him

John Ryan still optimistc

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 22, 2010, 04:44:16 pm by DannyRovers »
To be fair to Sharp this is a very hard decision for him. He's done really well for us and know he can score goals with us. However he has been with laws before and scored loads with him and he will most probably be getting paid more if he goes to Burnley. I think the guarentee of first team football may make his decision.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 22, 2010, 05:08:22 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
For Burnley (like it or not):

More cash
Better chance of Premiership footy due to cash.
Playing in front of bigger crowds.
Higher profile club so more chance of a big money transfer in future.
Their bid has been accepted by Blades.

Against Burnley:

Long commute.
Laws a flaky manager.
More competition for starting place.
Supporters not as devastatingly handsome.
Bill enjoyed being at Rovers.

Seems like it boils down to what WLS values in life.

Fingers crossed his new missus doesn't like the sound of Bill having a two hour commute every day.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 22, 2010, 05:37:40 pm by Pintolager »
Even if Billy turns down a move to Burnley, let's not forget that Leeds are interested in signing him and if he is somebody who doesn't want to move away from his home in Sheffield, he could easily commute to Leeds up the M1.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 22, 2010, 05:38:13 pm by ScillyRover »
Snods Shinpad wrote:

Supporters not as devastatingly handsome.
:)

And there's also the fact that the IQ of a 1000 Burnley fans is considerably lower than any one Rovers fan !

Come on Billy !.... you know it makes sense !.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 22, 2010, 07:33:23 pm by not on facebook »
in rovers favour....

sharp wants to play for drfc

sharp has built his own house in the sheffield area so do not
want to wander too far from that area

sharps wife will want billy with easy travel distance of new gaff

you can bet your last dollar that john  ryan and sharp have been in touch
with each other week in week out since the season finished

rovers have put a offical  bid on the table

at rovers sharp WILL get first team football

as a blade fan through and through its in his blood to dislike  leeds

against rovers.....

not promotion/play off material as of yet

wage policy

not a glamour club

pulling power

the fact that nobody from sharps camp has said where he is going states
the obvious that rovers are still within a good shout.

could well go down to the wire this one

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 22, 2010, 07:41:39 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Sorry if I am being thick here - our bid has been turned down where Burnley's been accepted ? That the first hurdle we fell at ...eh??

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 22, 2010, 07:46:10 pm by Nudga »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Sorry if I am being thick here - our bid has been turned down where Burnley's been accepted ? That the first hurdle we fell at ...eh??

You never thought that Sheff UTD have moved the goal posts with regards to transfer fee?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 22, 2010, 07:52:27 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I know mate but their has been accepted so they have got to first base where we have not?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 22, 2010, 08:00:05 pm by not on facebook »
just because burnley bid was accepted by the blades it does not
mean that sharp has to go to burnley

he can pick any club that put bids in even to extent if one club has deemed
to have the lower bid

like i said 'sharp does not want to play for burnley'

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 22, 2010, 08:05:01 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Sorry but to discuss contracts with the players you need authorisation in the form of a bid being accepted?

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 22, 2010, 08:08:53 pm by bedale rover »
but ROK said that we had a bid on the table so the implication is that it is an improved bid

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 22, 2010, 08:15:06 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
JR Interview

Forward to 1:47:30

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 22, 2010, 08:18:48 pm by PDX_Rover »
He'd be daft to sign for Burnley.  I think they will struggle this season.  Laws is inept.  Plus Burnley  is an utter shite hole. I should know - I worked and lodged there for 18 months.  Horrible f**king place.

Leeds - glamour club arguably but it really would go against everything Billy believes in, being a Sheff lad through and through.

He can either be a big fish in a smaller but growing pond or a smaller fish in a slightly larger pond (in Burnley's case) or in a stinking foul pond that's seen better days and need some judicious weeding... in Leeds' case.

I don't think he would be first choice at either Leeds or Burnley.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 23, 2010, 06:43:15 am by eastender »
I heard from a reliable source last night that Billy as already told his old mate Ryan Cresswell (Rotherham Utd) that he is signing for Burnley. :(

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 23, 2010, 07:54:45 am by godlike1 »
To be honest I won't belive any thing anyone here says about where billy is going despite how convincing they belive the rumour is due to the amount of rubbish we have heard for months. The bloke would not have to work again just from his signing on fees he'd get from all the clubs he's said he's going to join.

If he doesn't join us, I'll hold no grudge against the lad ESP as how highly he speaks of the club and I think the club have shown the fans how ambitious they are by 1 trying to sign him and 2 by bidding around the 1m mark if true. Now that really is a sign of how far the club have come and want to go

I personnaly think it's time the town of donny show the club has the support to go to the next level by getting behined the team in numbers by buying season tickets and creating an atmosphere within our stadium

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 23, 2010, 08:44:48 am by Alan Southstand »
It's starting to go on a bit now and we still have no news about SOD's other targets. I sincerely hope we're not putting all our eggs in one basket (that could be where the pen is!).

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 23, 2010, 08:46:57 am by coventryrover »
Agreed godlike.

Billy is the type of striker/personality all rovers fans would love to see at the club.  The board seemed to have backed jrs noises with cash.  if we dont get him thats life but i hope that we sign a couple of quality strikers plus resign hayter and oster.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 23, 2010, 10:29:02 am by PACMAN »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 23, 2010, 10:33:58 am by MrFrost »
Reading that would make you think we are not even in the race. Mentions the clubs chasing him are just Burnley and Leeds.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 23, 2010, 10:38:50 am by 5minstogo »
PACMAN wrote:
Time to move on me thinks??? :(

http://www.thestar.co.uk/rovers/Laws-believes-Billy-is-in.6377947.jp

I think if can get a bid accepted, then Billy would want to come here.

Burnley already have 2 or 3 strikers who will probably start ahead of him and he's still trying to get the splinters out of his arse from his time at Bramall Lane.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 23, 2010, 10:53:11 am by Filo »
Let me get this right then, Burnley have yet to make a bid but from various reports Burnley are speaking to him, Sheffield United must have given them permission to speak to him! have we got the same permission and if not why not? We are the only club to have made a bid for him are n`t we? We need to get to speak to him to convince him that his future is here, unless Sheffield United don`t want to sell to us, in which case we were a tad nieve when we did n`t play him in the two games against them, when we were being \"honourable\"

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 23, 2010, 11:16:52 am by MrFrost »
Is it just paper talk though? It would seem strange though that they are talking to him but haven't made a bid.

Maybe Billy is aware of what we would offer him anyway. He was here for most of last season.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 23, 2010, 03:56:58 pm by Sprotyrover »
Don't want to get anybodies hopes up ,but a 'little bird' told me today that the story so far is Billy would like to stay at Blades but this won't happen whilever Blackwell is there. he has told them he doesn't want to go to Leeds, he doesn't want to go to Burnley,there is only one Club other than the Blades for him!.

Now blades arent happy with our latest offer and are hanging on to see if any club comes in with silly money and a daft wage deal that he can't turn down.
So it looks like its a bit of a waiting game, JR has got his'poker face on' B)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 23, 2010, 07:23:46 pm by not on facebook »
i have been saying all along that sharp does not
want to play for burnley,his sheff utd upbringing will steer
him well clear of leeds utd

which leaves two FACTS

that billy wants to plsy for sheff utd still and if not
will be more than happy plying his trade at drfc

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 23, 2010, 11:10:09 pm by Barmby Rover »
The latest on Newsnow is:

\"A lot will depend on what Billy wants to do. If he wants to go to Burnley then that is the end of the story, but Billy might not want to go to Burnley and instead come to us. We sincerely hope that is the case.\" John Ryan

\"BURNLEY expect to discover this week whether their bid to sign Billy Sharp has been successful.\" The Star

No signs of any official interest from Leeds, no quotes from local papers except:\"The Sheffield United striker, who also interests Yorkshire rivals Leeds\" The Star

All interesting little quotes, nothing official from Burnley or Leeds, only from The Star. They are a Sheffield newspaper, so it may be in their interest to help the Blades to keep the Billy isssue boiling.

If BS decides to go for the money I wonder just how quickly something else will appear? I suspect it would be almost immediate, there is always a plan B and it will not leave us too short for the next season. JR was also saying how much he would like the two young loanees to come back, kicking at open doors there I reckon.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 24, 2010, 07:47:14 am by CusworthRovers »
Barmby Rover wrote:
I suspect it would be almost immediate, there is always a plan B

she said i love you baby oh oh oh ohhhhhh.

Is there anybody else who always gets the urge to say that (or more the oh oh oh ohhhhh bit) everytime somebody says Plan B.

If it just me, then I feel silly now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012