Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:48:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre-season Friendlies  (Read 2806 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Pre-season Friendlies
« on May 23, 2016, 09:17:57 am by The Red Baron »
I guess the answer is no, but has anyone heard about these? A lot of teams seem to have got dates confirmed already.

Makes me wonder if we are going abroad to train and if that's the case any games may be behind closed doors.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Pre-season Friendlies
« Reply #1 on May 23, 2016, 10:37:02 am by MrFrost »
What happened to the tour if Thailand

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 23, 2016, 10:43:07 am by del boy »
What happened to the tour if Thailand

Thats next season

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 23, 2016, 10:46:02 am by wing commander »
    How important actually are they??? Does it make any difference if they are behind closed doors?? We had a decent pre season last year against decent opposition yet started badly and the least said about the end the better...
    I don't go to them in truth..If I lived in the centre of Donny I might but even though it's only a round trip of 30 miles its not worth it to see 40 odd players stroll about in a uncompetitive environment..i'm not convinced they achieve that much...

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 23, 2016, 12:38:01 pm by Mike_F »
I like to get to one or two just to cast my eye over the squad/triallists but you can't read much into them.

Remember when we had Jason Walker on trial from Barrow. He seemed to score at least one in every game but we didn't follow it up which makes me wonder what a trialist has to do!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 23, 2016, 12:43:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
A mate of mine scored a hat-trick in a behind closed doors game, in a trial match during Billy Bremner's reign. Bremner turned him down, saying he didn't do enough!

My mate always claims that what Bremner meant was that he wasn't dirty enough!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 23, 2016, 12:49:17 pm by RedJ »
I usually go to the home ones, mostly to shut the little one up asking when Rovers are playing next...

Before he started coming to football with me, I only really went to the ones that seemed particularly appealing (as far as friendlies go, that is).

Theresonly1barrowrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 23, 2016, 12:53:10 pm by Theresonly1barrowrover »
I like to get to one or two just to cast my eye over the squad/triallists but you can't read much into them.

Remember when we had Jason Walker on trial from Barrow. He seemed to score at least one in every game but we didn't follow it up which makes me wonder what a trialist has to do!

Jason Walker has just been released by Barrow. I am not suggesting that Rovers should look at him again, but his strike partner, 25 goal Andy Cook is now out of contract and is looking for a league club. Now he is worth a look at.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 23, 2016, 03:13:14 pm by Mike_F »
Walker must be about 35 by now so no surprise he's been released. I though he was worth a punt at the time though. I think there was a £25k price tag on him.

Cook could certainly be worth a trial...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 24, 2016, 12:04:06 pm by Copps is Magic »
Rosso Main away 12th July 7:45pm.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 24, 2016, 09:31:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Lovely!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012