Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:43:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre-Peterborough game  (Read 2185 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Pre-Peterborough game
« on February 05, 2019, 03:10:17 pm by Al4475 »
For those folk who like to get into the ground early. Weather permitting, prior to the Peterborough Game on the pitch (1:40kick-off) there will be the Kindersport+ kids cup final between Kirk Sandall Junior School and Norton Junior School - the winners will become the representive school of Doncaster Rovers for the North of England (div 1) finals with a chance to play at Wembley on play-off final day.

Interesting for me personally as I have won this leg on several occasions (kindersport+ moniker and it's forerunner) in the past (6 times in donny and once in Rotherham) with 4 different schools (twice apiece with kingfisher, Norton and Kirk Sandall and once with bramley Grange) but have never quite managed to get a team through the north of England's (beaten semi finalists twice.) It would be a great experience for all the kids of both schools if there was a smattering of a crowd around.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Pre-Peterborough game
« Reply #1 on February 05, 2019, 07:21:53 pm by roversdude »
Just how old are you Al do you keep getting held back a year
Sorry couldn’t resist

Mark Lyall

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 05, 2019, 08:56:05 pm by Mark Lyall »
My son's playing for Kirk Sandal , really looking forward to it . Hoping for a win followed by a convincing win for the Rovers .

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 06, 2019, 10:17:19 am by Al4475 »
Very amusing RD - lol.

I think Norton are going into the game as favourites - their qualifying campaign was very impressive whereas ours was a little chequered - fingers crossed our lads will be ready tho.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2019, 05:45:29 pm by Al4475 »
Congratulations to Norton Junior school on winning the kindersport+ cup final on penalties!

Much as it pains me to say it their pens were first class and ours weren't!

How I regret getting Scully, coop and Co in there when I was assistant head! Lol

Norton become doncaster rovers for the divisional north of England finals, which I believe is happening on March 13th, at the keepmoat!

Good luck to my old stomping ground - unlucky my current lot - 4 finals in the last 5 is a good return to be fair!

All at Kirk Sandall wish Norton the best of luck in the next phase - it would be great to see them at Wembley on play-off finals day (when Rovers play Barnsley too - one can hope! Lol)

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2019, 05:51:19 pm by moses »
Alan your Kirk Sandall team beat my lads team from Dunsville in the group stages.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012