Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:24:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I'll be the first then..  (Read 6888 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: I'll be the first then..
« Reply #90 on September 28, 2014, 12:04:19 am by dickos1 »
Exactly.
You've no idea

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on September 28, 2014, 12:08:19 am by coventryrover »
brian mcdermott,megson,billy davies etc etc
Exactly.
You've no idea

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on September 28, 2014, 12:09:05 am by dickos1 »
Give over...
Dear me

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on September 28, 2014, 12:12:28 am by pib »
Exactly.
You've no idea

Yes I have, Dickos. Whilst your unwavering defence of our manager is admirable, I don't have to rattle off a list of managers to validate my view.

But, if you insist:
Gary Rowett, I think would do a better job.
Mark Robins, I think would do a better job.
Dean Saunders, I think would do a better job.
Gary Megson, I think would do a better job.

I'll pre-empt your next post. I'm not saying 'we should appoint Dean Saunders', and I hate dinosaur managers like Megson, but I still think they'd both do a better job of getting this side organised and doing the basics than Dickov is.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on September 28, 2014, 12:12:59 am by coventryrover »
I have never called for a managers head, ever.  But nothing i saw today showed me that the players had any spirit, belief or plan.  Thats down to one man and its happened too many times. 

Did you go today

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on September 28, 2014, 12:44:31 am by bfdoncaster west »
who wood you get as manger

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on September 28, 2014, 12:55:59 am by bfdoncaster west »
who wood you get as new owners

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on September 28, 2014, 08:50:13 am by DonnyOsmond »
Everytime we lose a game, idiots on here panic themselves, who is quickest to say Dickov out.
It's stupid.
Nobody could do anything better with this squad with the injuries we've got.
Stop Pissing and whining and get behind them,
It's embarrassing at the minute to associate myself with so called rovers fans

We've got two injured players, Main and Jones. All the rest have League One or higher experience, even the players who have come in for the two injured players are experienced, it's not really guaranteed that Main will be a success anyway seeing as he's scored around 1 in 10. You're clutching at straws if you think we're going to massively improve when the two injured players return.

I'm assuming you didn't go today as there's people who week in week out who have to watch shite displays every week and terrible defending with no goals or chances at the other end. There's no point going at the moment unless you want to end up on the phone to the Samaritans after the game. It's not all about results, we're not even performing well. At the worst times under SOD we played well and lost. Under Saunders we played terrible and won. Under Dickov we play terrible and lose. It's just depressing stuff and another manager could probably produce better performances/results then Dickov with this current team.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:03:04 am by DonnyOsmond »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on September 28, 2014, 08:56:41 am by The Red Baron »
Everytime we lose a game, idiots on here panic themselves, who is quickest to say Dickov out.
It's stupid.

Were you there yesterday, dickos?

I have to say the fans who were there yesterday were very good. There were no shouts of "Dickov Out" or chants of "You're not fit to wear the shirt"- even though both would have been fully justified.

There was only one thing that was embarrassing- and that was the performance we put on.

Pardon the pun, but that team is going in One Direction only- down to League 2.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on September 28, 2014, 08:59:54 am by The Red Baron »
It's stupid.

We've got two injured players, Main and Jones. All the rest have League One or higher experience, even the players who have come in for the two injured players are experienced, it's not really guaranteed that Main will be a success anyway seeing as he's scored around 1 in 10. You're clutching at straws if you think we're going to massively improve when the two injured players return.

True, DO. It isn't a relegation squad by any means, but that's where we're heading unless something is done.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on September 28, 2014, 09:22:27 am by Donnyrovers »
It's stupid.

Take your head out his arse its pathetic to say nobody could do better than him with what we have got is embarrassing. Has someone else has pointed out he's making the exact same mistakes he did at Oldham he isn't learning and we are getting worst under him. No way should we have been completely outclassed by Oldham, Port Vale and Walsall the way we have its completely f***ing unacceptable and something has to change.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on September 28, 2014, 09:24:49 am by BigH »
It's hard to escape the thought that even a guy like dear old Ronnie Moore could get so much more out of this group of players...

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on September 28, 2014, 09:32:16 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's stupid.

Were you there yesterday, dickos?

I have to say the fans who were there yesterday were very good. There were no shouts of "Dickov Out" or chants of "You're not fit to wear the shirt"- even though both would have been fully justified.

There was only one thing that was embarrassing- and that was the performance we put on.

Pardon the pun, but that team is going in One Direction only- down to League 2.

The fans at games shouldn't do that and it's credit to our fans that we don't. Less than 500 there tells a story.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on September 28, 2014, 09:41:31 am by Sheepskin Stu »
I'm surprised that Dickov hasn't brought anyone in on loan. The squad is paper thin and so there is not enough competition for places. I can't believe he hasn't asked the board for reinforcements.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on September 28, 2014, 09:43:35 am by Filo »
I think on the whole the Rovers fans have been incredibly patient with Dickov, especially after the capitulation of last season, he was given the benefit of the doubt after the shambles in the boardroom, but when you have fans like me and others that have stood by him now questioning his tenure, I think it's time he was shown the door, it's not been good enough and at this stage of the season a new man will have time to turn the season around, assess the squad before the January transfer window. The board need to act swiftly and Decisively to address this decline, it can't be allowed to go on any longer.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on September 28, 2014, 10:52:53 am by The Red Baron »
I'm surprised that Dickov hasn't brought anyone in on loan. The squad is paper thin and so there is not enough competition for places. I can't believe he hasn't asked the board for reinforcements.

I suspect the answer would tell us a great deal. Either he's asked for reinforcements and been told "No" or he thinks he can manage with the squad he's got.

It is reminiscent of last December when we were without Jones and tried to "muddle through" without bringing in a replacement on loan. A lot of fingers were being pointed at the Board then, but we did make several signings when the window opened.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on October 01, 2014, 02:08:42 pm by BRMC_rover »
I've defended him no end of times but I've had enough now.

Who'd come here though now really?

I think many talented managers would still come here. We are renowned for giving managers time, we hear that there is still funds for players on loan, so why wouldnt somebody come and correct what needs to be and get us playing consistently again.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on October 01, 2014, 08:07:37 pm by idler »
In my opinion most out of work managers will be willing to take a risk.
They are in the public eye when they are working and in contact and opposition to other managers,coaches and players.
They are in the shop window and generally think that they can improve a side, even when proving that they can't.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on October 01, 2014, 09:27:14 pm by les@donr »
I think on the whole the Rovers fans have been incredibly patient with Dickov, especially after the capitulation of last season, he was given the benefit of the doubt after the shambles in the boardroom, but when you have fans like me and others that have stood by him now questioning his tenure, I think it's time he was shown the door, it's not been good enough and at this stage of the season a new man will have time to turn the season around, assess the squad before the January transfer window. The board need to act swiftly and Decisively to address this decline, it can't be allowed to go on any longer.

Filo, excellent post, and totally agree.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012