Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:37:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR interview  (Read 11182 times)

Yargo

• Forum Member
Re: JR interview
« Reply #60 on September 29, 2014, 09:57:21 am by Yargo »
I've always wanted to know what was JR's favourite cheese

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 29, 2014, 10:00:50 am by bpoolrover »
Is razzle still going?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on September 29, 2014, 10:02:26 am by Wild Rover »
So, once again you assume Dick and Terry have pots of cash sloshing about. It seems it's ok for JR to have money tied up in assetts but it's beyond your reckoning that the same might apply to TB and DW.

I suppose the BIG difference is Ryan only had 25 million, so much easier to "Tie up in Assets"

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on September 29, 2014, 10:05:29 am by bobjimwilly »
So, once again you assume Dick and Terry have pots of cash sloshing about. It seems it's ok for JR to have money tied up in assetts but it's beyond your reckoning that the same might apply to TB and DW.

Exactly Baz. People who think TB has £500million+ sat in a bank account or ISA are deluded. Using their assumptions I have £100k+ sat in my bank account because my house, car etc are worth more than that...

:facepalm:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on September 29, 2014, 10:21:10 am by Bentley Bullet »
BB

Also (although irrelevant for this discussion) I haven't got a clue what you're on about with your chronology.

We HAD Billy Sharp for 2.5 of the four years that we were in the Championship. Of the other 1.5 years, 6 months was Ryan's crackpot experiment, 6 months was the start of 2008-09 when we were barely even competitive, never mind promotion candidates and the other 6 months was the second half of 08/09, when we had a striker with the second highest goals-to-games ratio in the division.
What precisely is the point you're trying to make?

I was (as was Wellens) referring to the first season in the Championship, when having a striker with the second highest goals-to-games ratio in the division just shows how a striker of Billy Sharp's quality would have improved the team to the extent of a play-off place, at that particular time.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
JR
« Reply #65 on September 29, 2014, 10:25:10 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
So the extent of JR's ambition didn't stretch to freeing up some of his assets to complete the takeover. Seems his ambition was to spend other peoples money without taking the risk. Oh, and whist doing so belittle  your rich Amigos in public. Genius!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on September 29, 2014, 10:33:16 am by Filo »
So the extent of JR's ambition didn't stretch to freeing up some of his assets to complete the takeover. Seems his ambition was to spend other peoples money without taking the risk. Oh, and whist doing so belittle  your rich Amigos in public. Genius!

Nail, Head!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 29, 2014, 10:39:28 am by bpoolrover »
Think it's stupid that a nice little interview turns into this

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 29, 2014, 10:41:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
When JR sold his dream to TB and DW and persuaded them to join the board, he did so because he couldn't afford to achieve his dream on his own, otherwise I'm sure he would have done.

His dream was also our dream, all of us on this forums dream. Just because TB/DW are richer sugar daddies doesn't mean they are better parents of the company. And it certainly doesn't mean that they are taking more risk with their money than John Ryan ever did.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 29, 2014, 10:44:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Got you. So are you saying that in the first half of the season, when we managed to pick up 18 points from 24 matches, Billy Sharp would have turned us into promotion candidates?

Or are you saying that in the second half of the season, when we picked up 40 points from 22 games, dropping Heffernan and playing Billy Sharp would have meant that we'd have got 60 points from 22 games?

Do you see my confusion here?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 29, 2014, 10:53:10 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yes BST, I see your confusion. You're confusion seems to be caused by what I'm saying, and what you're thinking I'm saying.

Now you're thinking I'm thinking a player of Billy Sharp's quality should replace Paul Heffernan. Am I right?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 29, 2014, 10:56:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
His dream was also our dream, all of us on this forums dream. Just because TB/DW are richer sugar daddies doesn't mean they are better parents of the company.

Yes they are, because sooner or later you have to learn that you can't spend what you haven't got without there being consequences.

Don't be pointing the finger at two people who helped JR (and us) realise those dreams. We are all aware the in football you can go down as well as up. We are now reaping the consequences of 'our' ambition.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on September 29, 2014, 11:16:23 am by Bentley Bullet »
Ah, I see.......So we shouldn't have ambition........Right then, Conference here we come!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on September 29, 2014, 11:33:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Well, unless you're expecting Bramall to have bought us the right to play 12 players, he'd have had to replace SOMEONE, right?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 29, 2014, 11:49:02 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST

Got you. You're implying that if Bramall had bought the right to play 12 players, he'd have had to replace SOMEONE, right? WRONG! I see how you tried to trick me there. You mean that if Bramall had spent enough cash to get us in the top six of the league, he wouldn't have had to replace someone - The twelfth man would have been the ref!

Nice one!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on September 29, 2014, 11:59:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Much as I love pointless discussions, work is pressing. If you've owt sensible to say on this subject, I'm all ears.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on September 29, 2014, 12:01:15 pm by RJHeader »
BB.

Much as I love pointless discussions, work is pressing. If you've owt sensible to say on this subject, I'm all ears.

The words of a beaten man

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on September 29, 2014, 12:15:13 pm by Filo »
BB.

I would n't call it beaten, the problem here is no matter how many facts you put forward, and how rational those facts are you can't change an opinion of a person who refuses to change that opinion, no matter how overwhelming those facts are

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on September 29, 2014, 12:29:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 True that, it's like banging your head against a brick wall, sometimes.  :headbang:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on September 29, 2014, 12:43:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here you go RJ

1) You present a fact.
2) I say "Boomshanka"
3) You present another fact.
4) I say "Boomshanka"
5) You present a third fact.
6) I say "Boomshanka."
7) You say, "f*** this, it's a waste of time."
8) I say, "Nah, nah, nah, nah-nah. I've won."
9) Boomstick "likes" my post.

Edit:
10) Then BCS "likes" my post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:38:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on September 29, 2014, 12:47:34 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
JR would have not stood for these abject performances

He would've. He & Dickov are friends, remember!?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on September 29, 2014, 12:50:10 pm by RobTheRover »
BB.

I would n't call it beaten, the problem here is no matter how many facts you put forward, and how rational those facts are you can't change an opinion of a person who refuses to change that opinion, no matter how overwhelming those facts are

"I see no ships" - Lord Nelson

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on September 30, 2014, 12:03:52 am by Viking Don »
Personally I reckon we should be thankful we've had and have now, owners who are prepared to part with cash to fund our hobby. Could have been an awful lot worse.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on September 30, 2014, 12:17:39 am by Sammy Chung was King »
O'Driscoll had a valid way of getting consistency,he judged games on performances,not when we had played rubbish and somehow managed to win,he was looking for a consistent level of performance.
Yes in the end he went too long without results and that did for him,but that's the only way to get consistent results.

Under Paul it has been hit and miss throughout his tenure,we have very rarely got consistency,yes we have had a terrible run of injuries,but then again,the other managers did,but found a way round them.
The spine of the team isn't right at the minute,if he get's some players in to rectify that,then he might start getting results,i hope he does.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on October 01, 2014, 12:19:57 pm by BRMC_rover »
Personally I reckon we should be thankful we've had and have now, owners who are prepared to part with cash to fund our hobby. Could have been an awful lot worse.

But owners are not just lumped with this 'burden' are they? They take ownership of a club, usually because they enjoy the sport and are competitive. They have made money with a professional venture and want to compete in Sport with a project. I think we have had a good enough budget to at least see some consistency and steadily improving results. Unfortunately we are not seeing this and hearing PD's comments about not needing the loan market, either means he is a fool, stubborn or is hiding the owners reluctance to spend anything further this season.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 01, 2014, 12:26:37 pm by DRNaith »
I personally do wonder about TB/DW monetary input, SM said earlier TB had "Put in" 14million, but from personal wealth of 500 million that's a mere 0.028%. That being spread over what, 8 years. That would be the equivalent of your average supporter ( like me ) putting in £280 a year, for same 8 year period.
Its when you see other local clubs "Owners" putting in fairly decent amounts for "Transfers" that irks most supporters.
Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative of what the "Owners" have done in the past, but cant help thinking the pot is too "Dry" now.

Just my opinion of course, and if I had the 500 million as opposed to TB, then 1/5 of that would be "Investment Marked",( similar to his "Terry and Liz" fund ), then all supporters be happy.

14 million is 2.8% of 500 million

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on October 01, 2014, 12:55:01 pm by Wild Rover »
Dyslexic Calculator. Or Dyslexic me. Better go back and adjust.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 01, 2014, 02:29:57 pm by PDX_Rover »
Dyslexic calculator? Sounds like an Aphex Twin song.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on October 01, 2014, 11:35:18 pm by BobG »
Does dyslexia apply to numbers as well as words? Or is there a separate word for dyslexia in numbers?

Just wondering like... I always thought the word related to words.

BobG

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on October 02, 2014, 04:49:59 am by PDX_Rover »
Yes Bob. It's bumners.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012