Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:23:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester or not???  (Read 18728 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re:10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester or not???
« Reply #120 on December 10, 2010, 05:07:41 pm by silent majority »
hoolahoop wrote:
silent_majority wrote:
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
I realise you are saying football league policies are being contravened and thats whats being worked on, but also the law of the land is surely being contravened

No, the FL policy goes further than the law of the land.

SM surely you can't be serious ? :unsure:

Hoola,

What I meant was that the FL, with regard to football supporters promise more and do so in very plain language, such as here;

ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY

The Football League seeks to ensure that spectators, players, officials and others involved at football matches and in football generally should be protected from discrimination, including that on the grounds of age, race or ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, gender or any other unjustifiable reason.

We have always considered that football fans exhibit particular traits to their football club that marks them out as a distinct group, i.e. that Doncaster Rovers fans are distinctly different to fans from Grimsby, Scunthorpe, whatever. For the FL to put in their policy a phrase that says 'or any other unjustifiable reason' acknowledges that aspect. Try and find something in any law of this land that uses a phrase that is so simplistic and yet so wide ranging.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on December 10, 2010, 05:58:53 pm by hoolahoop »
Wid you fella just wish the Chief Exec. at LCFC realised that the wording is quite specific i.e. they are quite clearly discriminating against us both on pricing and available facilities. Clearly NOT justifiable behaviour eh ?

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #122 on December 11, 2010, 12:29:02 am by DRFC MYERS »
are tickets still available?

neil grainger

« Reply #123 on December 11, 2010, 12:41:10 am by neil grainger »
All you lads and lasses going tomorrow - Good on you and I hope the Rovers do you proud.

Come on you Reds!!!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on December 11, 2010, 05:06:48 am by PDX_Rover »
Best thing we can do. Best the f**kerd. Then wipe your arse on the ticket and leave it on the seat :)

MK32

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on December 11, 2010, 08:33:39 am by MK32 »
Maybe Mr Ryancan talk some sense inter his counterparts in the Leicester City boardroom

MK32

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on December 11, 2010, 08:36:33 am by MK32 »
MK32 wrote:
Maybe Mr Ryancan talk some sense inter his counterparts in the Leicester City boardroom

Ouch, reading that offends me!! Got to be more careful when posting from the phone I reckon!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on December 11, 2010, 09:36:01 am by silent majority »
PDX_Rover wrote:
Best thing we can do. Best the fcukerd. Then wipe your arse on the ticket and leave it on the seat :)

My advice is to hang on to your ticket until we hear back from the Football League. We have appealed on their decision to support the stance of Leicester City, not surprisingly, and they now have 14 days to respond to our appeal. There is still every chance you will get your money back.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on December 11, 2010, 10:07:34 am by MrFrost »
My father would like to know if there is a link to watch the game today online?

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on December 11, 2010, 10:13:33 am by scuzzer »
Bugger it, come 5 o'clock i'll still think we've had great value if we can come away with 3 points, they can shove their extra 16 quid where the sun don't shine!

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on December 11, 2010, 10:17:29 am by roversam »
MrFrost wrote:
My father would like to know if there is a link to watch the game today online?
Scroll down about 20 threads Mr Freeze ;)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on December 11, 2010, 12:29:55 pm by wilts rover »
Dear Mr Bettles

Thank you for your reply to my recent correspondence querying the inequality in pricing of tickets for the game (todays) against Doncaster Rovers. I do notice that it has taken you 13 days to respond rather than the 48 hours promised in your customer charter and I am afraid this only reinforces the perception that you give an inequality of service to one person as opposed to another, depending on what postcode they live in. I am particuarly disappointed as I did at one time live in Leicester and watched both City and Tigers and had the opinion that they were both well run and fair sports clubs with a Family ethos treating everyone equally, of ourse times change and it is plain this assumption is no longer true.

I shall most certainly follow your advice and write to the Football League bringing to their attention the relevant sections in the Equality Act that came into force in October 2010. I shall also wite to my MP to ask for his opinion on this, as well as the MP for Leicester. As a Union Steward and equality I have fought against equality and discrimination all my life and fail to see why your football club supports it on a moral if not legal basis.

For your information I shall not be attending the game.

Regards

in reply to

Thank you for writing to Leicester City Fanzone.

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration over the pricing for the Doncaster Rovers Fixture, Leicester City consulted with the Football League before making their decision and have followed their rules regarding local promotions.

If you are unhappy with the decision, I would suggest writing to the Customer Services Department at the Football League for further guidance.

We wish you and your club every success for the future.

Kind Regards,
Tom Bettles

On Behalf of Fanzone

TinyPortal © 2005-2012