Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:48:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester or not???  (Read 18726 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re:10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester
« Reply #30 on November 23, 2010, 10:35:41 am by Alan Southstand »
The cost of fame, eh?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

who_are_ya

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 23, 2010, 11:29:52 am by who_are_ya »
I think prices for football should be set,for example.

Premiership - 25 pounds cat a

Championship - 18 pounds cat a

Leauge 1 - 15 pounds cat a

Leauge 2 - 12 pound cat a

Conforence - 6 pound cat a

Prices like this would get loads more through the turnstiles,i understand it will never happen but this is what football prices SHOULD be like.     :dry:

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 23, 2010, 12:01:52 pm by Rios »
who_are_ya wrote:
I think prices for football should be set,for example.

Premiership - 25 pounds cat a

Championship - 18 pounds cat a

Leauge 1 - 15 pounds cat a

Leauge 2 - 12 pound cat a

Conforence - 6 pound cat a

Prices like this would get loads more through the turnstiles,i understand it will never happen but this is what football prices SHOULD be like.     :dry:

You've got no chance with that.  I went to Stalybridge v Gainsboro earlier this season and it was a tenner and that's several levels down... even AFC Goole was £6 and that was four years ago in the Mickey Mouse Tin Pot Pub League!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 23, 2010, 01:57:10 pm by Superspy »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Superspy wrote:

also, that derby price is a joke, how much was it last year? don't remember it being anywhere close to that.

First year in the Championship was £22, last year was £27 (I think) and this year may be more.

Rather than Derby upping their prices, all this one is, is a case of them upgrading us in their match categories, meaning we're now classed alongside the likes of Leeds & Sheffield United and pay the same as their fans do, when we visit Pride Park.

its £31 this year i think.

well at least its only a category change and not a price hike per say, which isn't so bad, but £31 for championship football is still a joke.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 23, 2010, 01:59:22 pm by ctay »
Just spoke to a mate of mine and for Season ticket holders to purchase extra tickets it is £6.

Home end at the Walkers then!

who_are_ya

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 23, 2010, 02:43:15 pm by who_are_ya »
ctay wrote:
Just spoke to a mate of mine and for Season ticket holders to purchase extra tickets it is £6.

Home end at the Walkers then!

Smart Thinking

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 23, 2010, 03:52:24 pm by The Red Baron »
Derby have already announced prices for the game. Adult tickets range from £31 to £36 if bought in advance. £3 extra if bought on the day.

Sheffield United- not sure if ours will be a Cat A or Cat B game, although probably the former. If it is, adult tickets range from £30 to £34.

Looks like being a very expensive festive period.  :(

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 23, 2010, 05:04:59 pm by normal rules »
It won't be an expensive festive period - there will just be games that are poorly attended!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 23, 2010, 06:07:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thing is it won't make too much difference to these clubs as they have a much higher ratio of ST holders etc.

Again more fuel for us to get ST and other advance tickets better priced.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 23, 2010, 06:09:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'll go if I can get a ticket in the home end, any chance of managing that?

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 26, 2010, 05:45:15 pm by NathanDRFC »
The FSF have emailed me the following - which requires action by Rovers fans. The more that email, the more chance we will have.

The FSF fully Supporters the use of COMMUNITY DAYS as a way of reducing Prices for particular games and applauds them for doing this

Our only Complaint against these is where clubs “DO NOT OFFER” these discounts to Away Supporters. We cannot understand why clubs would treat what are in effect their guests for the day in this way.

We have looked at various ways over the years to challenge the concept of not passing on the discount. We believe we may have come up with an answer to this problem and it is using the Football Leagues own Policy against their own rules, as outlined below.

We have just achieved a BIG Success using this argument against Huddersfield Town this Tuesday. They were intending to not pass on the discounts at their game against MK Dons. We submitted a similar argument to the one below and attached to this e-mail. Within a matter of Hours they changed their policy.[/colour]More info about this success can be found at http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/milton-keynes-dons-fans-ticket-refund.php

The FSF would like you to follow the same argument and send this Letter/Document to Leicester City and see what they say. Would you be prepared to do this and let us have copies of the correspondence?

LETTER

Having made contact with the Football Supporters’ Federation,www.fsf.org.uk, I appreciate your comments about the Football League rules currently allow for these “Community Days Promotions”. We believe that this rule BREAKS the Football Leagues own Policy on Discrimination as listed below.

Rules should reflect the Current Policy of any organisation. As this one obviously doesn’t follow that guideline, We will be taking this up with the Football league

Football League Anti Discrimination Policy
The Football League seeks to ensure that spectators, players, officials and others involved at football matches and in football generally should be protected from discrimination, including that on the grounds of age, Race or Ethnic Origin, Religious Belief, Sexual Orientation, Disability, Gender or any other unjustifiable reason.

The Football League promotes inclusion and is committed to working with partner agencies to provide education and information to promote inclusion.

The Football League has procedures to deal with any incidents of prejudice ensuring that those who believe they have been abused or treated unfairly can raise their issue through the channels explained in this charter.
If any complaint of this nature is received The Football League will investigate if appropriate with assistance from other football and statutory agencies and make recommendations or change procedures as necessary.

One widely held definition of Ethnic Origin is “Ethnicity is defined from the recognition by others as a distinct group and by common Cultural, Linguistic, Religious, Behavioural or Biological traits”. Hence any group of Supporters could be classified by that definition as a distinct cultural group from other supporters groups, hence they could be classed as an Ethnic group and therefore the Football Leagues Anti Discrimination policy would apply.
The Same is true of Charging Supporters a Different price based on where they come from is also in breach of the “any other unjustifiable reason” part of the Football Leagues Anti Discrimination policy.

On a Final Point Doncaster Rovers did a similar promotion for our recent game against Swansea City. Unlike Leicester though they offered the same promotion to Swansea City supporters and made them feel welcome and valuable to the game at the Keepmoat.

In view of the above facts, could you please reconsider your decision not to pass of the Discounts to Doncaster Rovers Supporters’ that are available to Leicester City Supporters for our game on Saturday 11th December 2010?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 26, 2010, 06:22:13 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Sounds good to me.  Anybody know the Leicester City e-mail address to use?

3gP

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 27, 2010, 09:30:03 am by 3gP »
tickets@lcfc.co.uk
and ask them to forward it to Lee Hoos Chief Executive

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 27, 2010, 09:48:17 am by Rovers Return »
Done :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 27, 2010, 10:16:22 am by Filo »
Done!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 27, 2010, 11:11:06 am by CusworthRovers »
Done. See below. We all need to do this and get some parity here. This is not only a matter of principle for Rovers fans, but fans of all football clubs.

Hi there, please could you forward this to your Chief Exec.

I have read that you are introducing a Community match discount v Doncaster Rovers on Saturday 11th December 2010. Prices are effectively £10. I have phoned your ticket office politely and asked if this offer will be extended to away fans, to which I was told NO.

I would like to attend this match with my brother in law and 3 children, a total cost of £77. However I refuse to pay this, especially as the home fans will pay considerably less. I do feel we are being discriminated against and feel it totally unjust.

I feel your club would be seen in a good light to offer this excellent community discount to the away fans also. Please also bear in mind the current economic situation and that we are in a very costly festive season, both in terms of home life and watching football.

As said, I do feel this is most unjust and I repeat 5 Doncaster fans will not be going to this game due to the current away pricing situation. 5 fans will not be buying 2 matchday magazines and will not be buying refreshments from your stadium.

I look forward to your response

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 27, 2010, 11:24:29 am by Filo »
Do we have the FSF email address for any potential replies to be forwarded to or is someone on here co ordinating the replies?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 27, 2010, 12:23:42 pm by Rovers Return »
Filo wrote:
Do we have the FSF email address for any potential replies to be forwarded to or is someone on here co ordinating the replies?

Silent Majority is the local representative it would be interesting to get his input. I will PM him and text him.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 27, 2010, 12:35:39 pm by mutleyrover »
Vote with your feet and do not attend.  Attend a local match instead and give much needed revenue to one of your local non league sides.  I will be doing this for the Leicester game and intend to do it for the Derby match too.  £31 (£34 on the day) is ridiculous for a football match at this level.  They obviously need to charge these prices to pay the stupid wages they have their players on.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 27, 2010, 01:22:51 pm by silent majority »
All,

We (the FSF) would appreciate it if nobody else sent the letter out to Leicester. We have instigated a process that we hope will work as has been shown in recent weeks. Because its the weekend we don't expect anything to happen so if you all hang fire we can let you know what to do next.

We are in discussion with Leicester and it may be a good idea to let them back down in private, if we publicise it too much they may dig their heels in.

The e-mail address to use to coordinate responses is the ticketing rep for the FSF who is alan.bloore@fsf.org.uk

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 27, 2010, 08:14:25 pm by hoolahoop »
Sorry my e-mail went off yesterday.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 27, 2010, 08:50:17 pm by silent majority »
hoolahoop wrote:
Sorry my e-mail went off yesterday.

No need to apologise Hoola, just a bit of mis-communication.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 27, 2010, 08:59:12 pm by hoolahoop »
Phew I just hope they will see the sense in us taking twice as many supporters down...........it just doesn't make sense economically, morally or spiritually.
The beauty of football for real fans, is the duel between teams on the pitch and the banter between rival fans off the pitch.
Why oh why do people not see that they are gradually taking away exactly what makes the /a game so interesting for supporters. Excessive stewarding/policing and pricing structures are killing the game as emphatically as an elephant stomping on an ant.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 27, 2010, 09:02:40 pm by DRFCSouth »
I was thinking about a trip to the Derby game but won't bother. QPR is similar if buying on the day. Its a disgrace whats being charged in a lot of grounds. I think a lot of fans will begrudgingly still pay over £20 but over £30? Disgrace. :angry:

irelandsonthewing

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 27, 2010, 11:04:10 pm by irelandsonthewing »
i think that what leicester do is up to them,we would be up in arms if they were telling us what to do with our prices,wouldnt we? simple thing is that if you think its too much,and everybody has a different view of what is too much for them personally,then dont go.regarding going in their end,surely nobody would even consider going in their end after the views that were expressed on here regarding leeds fans in our seats earlier this season :unsure:

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 27, 2010, 11:21:38 pm by DRFCSouth »
irelandsonthewing wrote:
i think that what leicester do is up to them,we would be up in arms if they were telling us what to do with our prices,wouldnt we? simple thing is that if you think its too much,and everybody has a different view of what is too much for them personally,then dont go.regarding going in their end,surely nobody would even consider going in their end after the views that were expressed on here regarding leeds fans in our seats earlier this season :unsure:

Agree with you regarding contacting Leicester. Don't think we need to beg them to drop their prices. They need to look at their own morals, as do we if we are running 'home-only' prices. Regarding the prices, not sure I'll bother going to any games over £30 anymore, just out of principal. Its just too much, as is £20 plus for some Rovers fans.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 28, 2010, 03:58:59 pm by silent majority »
hoolahoop wrote:
Phew I just hope they will see the sense in us taking twice as many supporters down...........it just doesn't make sense economically, morally or spiritually.
The beauty of football for real fans, is the duel between teams on the pitch and the banter between rival fans off the pitch.
Why oh why do people not see that they are gradually taking away exactly what makes the /a game so interesting for supporters. Excessive stewarding/policing and pricing structures are killing the game as emphatically as an elephant stomping on an ant.

I hope they do, although we have had quite a few issues with Leicester City this season and have spent some time trying to mediate with them.

We(FSF)have been campaigning for some time over unfair pricing which is slowly killing the game off at all levels. We need to get rid of categorisation first and foremost and then move onto more realistic pricing for all supporters to ensure the future health of our national sport.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 30, 2010, 07:31:57 pm by washyrover »
Any progess with leicester?.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 04, 2010, 06:03:05 pm by normal rules »
Wanted to get this back up the list on the forum - anyone any news?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 04, 2010, 07:06:47 pm by CusworthRovers »
Good call. Another plus/advert for this site. I've kept my eye on this thread and suspect I will hear any news here first. I'm standing my decision that 5 of us will not be going unless we get some community discount. It's killing me, true, even more so with today's game postponed, but we will not be going

TinyPortal © 2005-2012