Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:06:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets are Free on Friday!  (Read 13565 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Tickets are Free on Friday!
« on April 18, 2011, 11:07:39 am by Filo »
Doncaster Rovers Free Tickets!

Jesus the seriel season ticket moaners won`t be happy! :chair:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Tickets are Free on Friday!
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2011, 11:08:53 am by Bald Rover »
Bit harsh but I must admit it makes justifies descision to not put a new season ticket as my priority !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2011, 11:11:25 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=151342
Doncaster Rovers Free Tickets!

Jesus the seriel season ticket moaners won`t be happy! :chair:

I don't care about them giving tickets away. What pisses me off is we get fans from all other clubs coming for free football. Even when it's an important game, they make the atmosphere even more stale than normal. They won't sing. I'm not saying you're a bad fan if you don't, but they're giving them away in the hope that we'll create an atmosphere, but it will do no such thing.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2011, 11:12:56 am by scuzzer »
That's like an April fool! Incredible gesture, maybe the panic's just set in of where a few of us have been worried we're heading for a good few weeks.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2011, 11:17:59 am by Filo »
The thing is word needs spreading fast, get this on your facebook page, twitter page and any other forum you use, lets get the place buzzing, I`m a season ticket holder, and I don`t care if they give free tickets away, desperate times call for desperate measures!

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 18, 2011, 11:22:57 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
What they going to do for those who have already bought theirs? It say online we've sold around £7k so there must be at least 1,500 who have paid.

I'm all for packing the place, but I think that they may have pissed off one too many season ticket holders now. They need to find a balance.

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 18, 2011, 11:30:05 am by adge »
yes , i've bought a ticket. can i get a refund ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 18, 2011, 11:32:20 am by Filo »
The season ticket holders that moan are on a par with the players that they call merceneries, they only think about themselves, now more than any time this club needs the people of the town to get behind the team, make some noise, it may just get that extra ounce of effort out of the players, if it does n`t then at least we gave it a go. I don`t care if I`ve paid and someone gets in for nowt, I want Championship Football next season even if I`m a few quid down!

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on April 18, 2011, 11:33:52 am by VikingJames »
Fine, get bums on seats for the odd game, but don't then wonder why nobody has bought a season ticket for next year (except me :dry: )

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 18, 2011, 11:38:50 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
Also, I reckon it would be more beneficial to not give away the tickets in advance but just have them on the turnstyles - there will inveitably be people who get the tickets over the course of the next few days and then not go, if you actually have to be there on Friday it will mean that we do have a full house rather than having empty seats because people haven't turned up.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #10 on April 18, 2011, 11:39:13 am by Chrisd_123 »
People on here are the most hypocritical people i've every seen!

\"Oh ticket prices are way too much, reduce them or come up with good offers\"

Am I the only person who actually supports this team and will get a season ticket no matter what?
It's just business, buy a season ticket and you commit for the season. It's pretty simple really. They still have to try and get new customers in and a one off free ticket game could do that. The same happens in pretty much every business in the world.

Get over it and support the team rather than taking every single tiny opportunity to have a dig at the club.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 18, 2011, 11:40:52 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Chrisd_123\" post=151353

Am I the only person who actually supports this team and will get a season ticket no matter what?
It's just business, buy a season ticket and you commit for the season. It's pretty simple really. They still have to try and get new customers in and a one off free ticket game could do that. The same happens in pretty much every business in the world.

Get over it and support the team rather than taking every single tiny opportunity to have a dig at the club.

Well said!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 18, 2011, 11:46:21 am by RedJ »

Like I say, it doesn't bother me at all. It's just that they're only there cos it's cheap (or free, in this case) and don't really care about what happens to the club. Believe me, I've taken some of the lad's mates with us before.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 18, 2011, 11:48:37 am by The Red Baron »
Have you considered it might be more sensible to reduce ticket prices (matchday and season tickets) across the board rather than coming out with grand gestures like this one?

As it happens, I get a season ticket because I have a good seat and I don't have the hassle of buying a ticket for each game I want to go to. If I based my decision on what is charged per game and how many \"offers\" there are, I doubt it would make economic sense.

Anyway, I hope they won't be pleading poverty after giving away all these freebies.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 18, 2011, 11:52:11 am by JonWallsend »
I've just bought three at a cost of £54 quid. Paid £11 for my sons although he could have got it for nothing as a Junior Rovers member. I look on it as an investment into the team I support but I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it. I recognise and sympathise with those season ticket holders, and people who have already bought tickets in advance that this is a kick in the teeth for their loyalty- although I don't feel like that (the wife might if she finds out tickets were going for nowt).  A nominal charge of £5 and £1 would have worked equally well to my mind.  Still fair play to the club. They can't do anymore than this to fill the ground.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 18, 2011, 11:54:41 am by Bald Rover »

What a knob you are! some of us have to prioritize our finances and cant afford a season ticket \"NO MATTER WHAT\" I have no objection to the club trying to gain support or give tickets away free....god knows Ill be grateful of that next season and yes I will be there irregardless of what league we are in as I always have been, think before you open your mouth some of us cant afford to renew!! I for one am going to be a father again in July and have been gutted that I will no longer be a ST holder as I have to justify where I spend my money!

VikingJames

« Reply #16 on April 18, 2011, 11:54:50 am by VikingJames »
It'll be embarrasing if the crowd ends up at 9k after this :D

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 18, 2011, 11:55:25 am by mushRTID »
Iv got this horrible feeling we still wont fill it.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 18, 2011, 11:55:50 am by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=151359
It'll be embarrasing if the crowd ends up at 9k after this :D

Ahhh snap!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 18, 2011, 12:04:26 pm by The L J Monk »
We filled the home section for Swansea - mainly because the game was well publicised.

If we don't fill it for the Palace game it won't be down to a lack of demand, it'll be down to a failure to get the word out.

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 18, 2011, 12:04:58 pm by ljm-drfc »
I'm a ST holder and im delighted with this news, i get my season ticket at the start of the season knowing there will be offers from time to time. I always want as many fans at the game as possible.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 18, 2011, 12:07:00 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=151358

What a knob you are! some of us have to prioritize our finances and cant afford a season ticket \"NO MATTER WHAT\" I have no objection to the club trying to gain support or give tickets away free....god knows Ill be grateful of that next season and yes I will be there irregardless of what league we are in as I always have been, think before you open your mouth some of us cant afford to renew!! I for one am going to be a father again in July and have been gutted that I will no longer be a ST holder as I have to justify where I spend my money!

Bald Rover, your earlier post, implied that the offers were the reasons why you did n`t make buying a season ticket your priority.

Bit harsh but I must admit it makes justifies descision to not put a new season ticket as my priority !

Now, it`s no one business but yours as to why your not renewing, but you did leave your earlier post open to interpretation

Chrisd_123

« Reply #22 on April 18, 2011, 12:13:50 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=151364

Bald Rover, your earlier post, implied that the offers were the reasons why you did n`t make buying a season ticket your priority.

Now, it`s no one business but yours as to why your not renewing, but you did leave your earlier post open to interpretation

If you read my whole post d**khead you'll see that my point was that I will be supporting this club whatever happens. It just seems that people on here use anything the club do to try and encourage more fans as an excuse to say \"I'm not renewing my season ticket\" or \"I may as well just not renew and wait for the offers\". I understand people are in difficulty financially, but either buy a season ticket or don't. Simple. Don't start blaming the club at every opportunity for something they're trying to do to get more fans in. The club can't win with people on here is the point i'm making.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 18, 2011, 12:17:01 pm by RedJ »
Guys - all this in-bitching will make this place an even less happy place to be, added to the woes on the pitch being discussed.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 18, 2011, 12:19:28 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=151366
Guys - all this in-bitching will make this place an even less happy place to be, added to the woes on the pitch being discussed.

All-In Bitching.

Great DVD. Admittedly more for the discerning gentleman, but good none the less.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 18, 2011, 12:20:41 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Time for some serious Donnybobbing. :scarf:

*edit: According to the ticket office....No postal tickets. No online tickets. You have to go to the ticket office in person.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 18, 2011, 12:26:01 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=151367
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=151366

All-In Bitching.

Great DVD. Admittedly more for the discerning gentleman, but good none the less.

:laugh:!!

As for Donnybobbing, Filo may be pleased to hear I've just texted my sister to see if she wants to go :P

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 18, 2011, 12:28:23 pm by ian1980 »
Down at the ground now and a queue is building up. Looks like the word is spreading.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 18, 2011, 12:33:11 pm by Bald Rover »
Quote from: \"Chrisd_123\" post=151365
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=151364

If you read my whole post d**khead you'll see that my point was that I will be supporting this club whatever happens. It just seems that people on here use anything the club do to try and encourage more fans as an excuse to say \"I'm not renewing my season ticket\" or \"I may as well just not renew and wait for the offers\". I understand people are in difficulty financially, but either buy a season ticket or don't. Simple. Don't start blaming the club at every opportunity for something they're trying to do to get more fans in. The club can't win with people on here is the point i'm making.

I repeat that regardless of the argument you now post the bold part I highlighted was one of the most ridiculous comments ever posted! we all support this club and due to financial restraints some cant afford season tickets or like me cant afford to renew the four I have held for some time, likewise I probably wont be able to afford to renew my VSC membership which I see you didnt bother with so I assume that makes you a lesser supporter? and Filo yes part of the reason the season ticket hasnt taken priority is the fact that it will save me money if there are as many offers next season, I have to make a descision now to either let my season tickets go and do what I can to support this great club next season or struggle to buy season tickets now and put myself under even more financial stress....If I choose not to renew Im not any less a supporter nor is anyone else I am simply a supporter who for whatever reason cannot commit that outlay when it is needed! I applauded the spread option but it wasnt viable to myself, that doesnt make it a bad scheme it just doesnt suit myself. I also applauded the reduced price tickets to \"encourage fan growth\" but you show me one Season ticket holder who is struggling to make ends meet who after all the cheap tickets and freebies who hasnt muttered \"why did I bother \" and Ill call you a liar! ps Chris I expect to see a VSC member logo attached to your next post!! :scarf:

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 18, 2011, 12:37:30 pm by inSODwetrust »
IM BORED! THIS IS TEDIOUS! CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012