Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:01:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets are Free on Friday!  (Read 13562 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Tickets are Free on Friday!
« Reply #120 on April 19, 2011, 08:59:36 am by Filo »
I wonder if anyone from marketing has thought, while we`ve got queue`s at the ticket why not send someone down the queue and ask a few questions, i.e. why won`t you come on a normal matchday? What do they think is a reasonable price for a Rovers match? etc get a snapshot of opinion!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on April 19, 2011, 09:13:14 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
I've managed to 'DoncasterRobert' four people so far. I really hope we get a lock out.

As the sage Mr Cusworth has so rightly pointed out, the best marketing tool will probably be us. Drag your friends/bit on the side/granny/probation officer/meth dealer to the 'Moat!

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on April 19, 2011, 09:14:06 am by adge »
don't you have to get up out of your chair to do that?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on April 19, 2011, 09:48:26 am by CusworthRovers »
......and also put down and leave the remote control.

Yes, it's going to be tough, but I think these people can do it with help. I'll talk it through later on how to get out of the chair, put down the remote and dare I say, actually move and think......if I may be so bold. They say moving and thinking is the new Gucci

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on April 19, 2011, 10:01:11 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=151686
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=151582
I may be shot to pieces for this (especially as I'm not totally aware of the economics behind this) but would £13 for adults and £5 for kids - for every game - work? Lower prices should mean more can afford to go, right? and more often, too, as the price doesn't change. Just a suggestion, and as I say, I'm expecting to be taken apart.

Ze Germans do it! So why cant we?

Yea they do, thats why there attendances are the best in europe. Earlier in the season Dortmund fans boycotted a away game at their rivals shalke because they were paying £19 and the majority of Shalke fans were paying £13. The same weekend Liverpool fans were being charged £51 for tickets at Manchester United.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8986321.stm

Bradford did ridiculously cheap season tickets this year and get great attendences for a mid table league 2 club, but they didn't make any profit at all. Surely there can be a middle ground, since in this country prices for games is too expensive.

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 19, 2011, 11:22:24 am by adge »
yes , cussy , but both at the same time ?

duggiesdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on April 19, 2011, 12:41:23 pm by duggiesdad »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=151362
We filled the home section for Swansea - mainly because the game was well publicised.

If we don't fill it for the Palace game it won't be down to a lack of demand, it'll be down to a failure to get the word out.

its been mentioned on calender and look north so the words out and i hope a few scunny take the offer up  aswell

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on April 19, 2011, 07:54:09 pm by ravenrover »
It's also been on Talksport radio this evening

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on April 19, 2011, 08:33:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
wonder if anyone from marketing has thought, while we`ve got queue`s at the ticket why not send someone down the queue and ask a few questions, i.e. why won`t you come on a normal matchday? What do they think is a reasonable price for a Rovers match? etc get a snapshot of opinion!

Yeah well, as Dave Morris keeps saying there isn't an issue with queues outside the ticket office. He said his office is above the ticket office and he would know if there were long queues.

A few weeks ago I was in those very same offices in the Keepmoat looking out of the same windows and, Dave Morris would be lucky to see the lake never mind the queues !!

Back to the very valid point you make and we've put this to him a number of times and he says they are well aware of fans opinions, from the feedback they get from e-mails, fans forums, AGMs etc !!

What do you think ?? I think he's listening to the wrong people. It's rare that we get occasions like this, where we have so many folk who may not come very frequently so it's a golden chance to gauge opinion.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on April 19, 2011, 10:44:36 pm by drfcsteve »
Don't get me wrong, the offer is absolutely fantastic but it is shocking how little advantage the club is taking from it, if I were JR I'd be fuming.

Golden opportunity to get new names on the database for future marketing- missed.

Golden opportunity to cross sell tickets for other games and season tickets- missed.

Golden opportunity to get some primary research from the Doncaster public- missed.

All these things would have been so easy to do and wouldn't have cost a penny, it absolutely baffles me that we've handed out completely free tickets without even asking people for an email address. I don't know any other business that caries on the way we do.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on April 20, 2011, 07:41:49 am by bobjimwilly »
My brother said he had to give his name, house number and postcode to get his tickets. Can't commment on everyone else, obviously, but sounds like they were doing that for the majority.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on April 20, 2011, 09:08:07 am by inSODwetrust »
It was on BBC Sport's 606 Facebook page too

TinyPortal © 2005-2012