Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:40:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets are Free on Friday!  (Read 13559 times)

VikingJames

Re: Tickets are Free on Friday!
« Reply #30 on April 18, 2011, 12:41:51 pm by VikingJames »
There are two schools of thought here:

1) Great - the club are doing whatever they can to get folk into the ground for a big game. That is wonderful and nobody should be bothered about money if we've got 13k people cheering us on.
2) Fair enough, but what about STH's who are the most loyal customers having committed to every game, but get the worst deal. A ST is a big commitment, and for some people, it isn't looking like it has been worth it.

The issue is, there is a strong case for each side of the debate, but some people (including the club if you read some of the comments on the Facebook page) aren't willing to consider both sides.

I think it's very good that the club are doing something, but I am also concerned that they don't really seem to give a toss about me as a STH, and are pretty much telling me to \"shut up and get on with it.\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 18, 2011, 12:43:25 pm by Highland Rover »
Free tickets.........Highland exiles on their way !!!  Both of us !!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 18, 2011, 12:46:37 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=151376

1) Great - the club are doing whatever they can to get folk into the ground for a big game. That is wonderful and nobody should be bothered about money if we've got 13k people cheering us on.
2) Fair enough, but what about STH's who are the most loyal customers having committed to every game, but get the worst deal. A ST is a big commitment, and for some people, it isn't looking like it has been worth it.

The issue is, there is a strong case for each side of the debate, but some people (including the club if you read some of the comments on the Facebook page) aren't willing to consider both sides.

I think it's very good that the club are doing something, but I am also concerned that they don't really seem to give a toss about me as a STH, and are pretty much telling me to \"shut up and get on with it.\"

I`ve got to agree, the responses from whoever updates the facebook page at the club are poor and only antagonise the situation

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 18, 2011, 12:47:32 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Highland Rover\" post=151377
Free tickets.........Highland exiles on their way !!!  Both of us !!

Freeloaders! :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 18, 2011, 12:47:56 pm by MrFrost »
Everyone loves a freebie!

Chrisd_123

« Reply #35 on April 18, 2011, 12:48:16 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=151374
Quote from: \"Chrisd_123\" post=151365
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=151364
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=151358
Quote from: \"Chrisd_123\" post=151353
People on here are the most hypocritical people i've every seen!

\"Oh ticket prices are way too much, reduce them or come up with good offers\"

Am I the only person who actually supports this team and will get a season ticket no matter what?
It's just business, buy a season ticket and you commit for the season. It's pretty simple really. They still have to try and get new customers in and a one off free ticket game could do that. The same happens in pretty much every business in the world.

Get over it and support the team rather than taking every single tiny opportunity to have a dig at the club.

What a knob you are! some of us have to prioritize our finances and cant afford a season ticket \"NO MATTER WHAT\" I have no objection to the club trying to gain support or give tickets away free....god knows Ill be grateful of that next season and yes I will be there irregardless of what league we are in as I always have been, think before you open your mouth some of us cant afford to renew!! I for one am going to be a father again in July and have been gutted that I will no longer be a ST holder as I have to justify where I spend my money!

Bald Rover, your earlier post, implied that the offers were the reasons why you did n`t make buying a season ticket your priority.

Bit harsh but I must admit it makes justifies descision to not put a new season ticket as my priority !

Now, it`s no one business but yours as to why your not renewing, but you did leave your earlier post open to interpretation

If you read my whole post d**khead you'll see that my point was that I will be supporting this club whatever happens. It just seems that people on here use anything the club do to try and encourage more fans as an excuse to say \"I'm not renewing my season ticket\" or \"I may as well just not renew and wait for the offers\". I understand people are in difficulty financially, but either buy a season ticket or don't. Simple. Don't start blaming the club at every opportunity for something they're trying to do to get more fans in. The club can't win with people on here is the point i'm making.

I repeat that regardless of the argument you now post the bold part I highlighted was one of the most ridiculous comments ever posted! we all support this club and due to financial restraints some cant afford season tickets or like me cant afford to renew the four I have held for some time, likewise I probably wont be able to afford to renew my VSC membership which I see you didnt bother with so I assume that makes you a lesser supporter? and Filo yes part of the reason the season ticket hasnt taken priority is the fact that it will save me money if there are as many offers next season, I have to make a descision now to either let my season tickets go and do what I can to support this great club next season or struggle to buy season tickets now and put myself under even more financial stress....If I choose not to renew Im not any less a supporter nor is anyone else I am simply a supporter who for whatever reason cannot commit that outlay when it is needed! I applauded the spread option but it wasnt viable to myself, that doesnt make it a bad scheme it just doesnt suit myself. I also applauded the reduced price tickets to \"encourage fan growth\" but you show me one Season ticket holder who is struggling to make ends meet who after all the cheap tickets and freebies who hasnt muttered \"why did I bother \" and Ill call you a liar! ps Chris I expect to see a VSC member logo attached to your next post!! :scarf:

I get that but not once did i state that anyone was a 'lesser supporter' because they couldn't afford a season ticket. If i did mean that i'd have said it. I was having a go at the people who are hypocritical on here and want reduced ticket prices and really slag the club off for not doing so and then when the club do make the offers, the same people then slag the club off saying it's pointless buying a season ticket. All I was saying was offers or not offers i'd buy a season ticket because I want to go every week and it doesn't really bother me if they want to attract new fans with offers that may make the saving of a season ticket slightly less. My arguement had nothing to do with the financial side of things, it was to do with how people on here just react to these offers as if the club are completely forgetting season ticket holders when infact, in the long run, that's probably the complete opposite of what they're doing.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 18, 2011, 12:48:38 pm by Bald Rover »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=151375
IM BORED! THIS IS TEDIOUS! CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!?

I agree its tedious but Im sick of people belittling supporters who cant attend every game or cant afford a season ticket! a supporter supports wether that means he/she can afford to attend one game or 46! we are all supporters and we do what we can not what someone assumes we all should do!

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 18, 2011, 12:51:22 pm by Fal »

Come on, your season ticket is cheaper than buying a ticket game by game. You don't see non STH moaning that you are paying less than them overall should a fan pay game by game. Get over yourself and support the club in this time of need, moan at the end of the season!

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 18, 2011, 12:52:51 pm by Bald Rover »
Quote from: \"Fal\" post=151385

Come on, your season ticket is cheaper than buying a ticket game by game. You don't see non STH moaning that you are paying less than them overall should a fan pay game by game. Get over yourself and support the club in this time of need, moan at the end of the season!

It is nearly the end of the season lol and did having a ST work out cheaper than paying game by game?

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 18, 2011, 12:53:16 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
We will probably get a fiver in the club shop from our ST vouchers. Wahooo. Problem is is that all the people who will have freebies will  be buying all sorts from the shop and it'll be inaccessible, which is all well and good as it's revenue for the club. I'm in limbo land over this. I'm a bit annoyed that ST holders are loosing out but the prospect of having a full ground really excites me. If the club subsidised our Barnsley away tickets that would be nice. Not gonna happen though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 18, 2011, 12:55:31 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=151381

:thumbsup:

One would assume you were at the front of the queue?  :P

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 18, 2011, 12:57:42 pm by duggiesmyhero »
Got my tickets at 12.30 just as que was building.In front of me was a lass getting tickets
for her partner and son who'd never been before., how many people will come just because its a
freebie and probably never come back again?

VikingJames

« Reply #42 on April 18, 2011, 12:59:44 pm by VikingJames »

As I've told you, my concerns aren't financial. They are the fact that, if you read the DRFC Facebook page, the club don't seem to give a shite about STH's concerns. Which is worrying given that they are their most loyal customers.

Non STH's shouldn't moan that I pay less for my season ticket than they do game by game because:
1) Paying less overall is my reward for giving the club a lump sum and my commitment to all 23 games in advance.
2) If you pay game by game, you will pay less than me anyway, as presumably you won't attend every home game. And if you do attend every home game, surely it'd make sense to get a ST and save yourself some money.
So that's a stupid argument really.

Don't tell me to \"get over myself.\" Strange how you decided to pick out MY post among a series of posts that were much more negative than mine. Wonder why that could be? :dry:

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 18, 2011, 01:00:19 pm by Kenny_Senior »
As long as the message reaches enough people then every seat in the home section will undoubtedly be filled. Lets face it, everyone likes a freebie, don't they!!

It's a good move by the club, even if it does upset a few of the current season ticket holders. No individual is bigger than the club and at the moment, our Championship survival is at stake.

Does Jimmy Whinger really want to watch League One football next season? At least by filling the stadium on Friday (which is what will happen now) the club are doing everything they can to get the ground full and get a positive atmosphere created for the players to perform in.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 18, 2011, 01:00:30 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=151386

It is nearly the end of the season lol and did having a ST work out cheaper than paying game by game?

A season ticket does work out cheaper than buying game by game, despite the offers, assuming that you attend every game

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 18, 2011, 01:00:35 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"duggiesmyhero\" post=151391
Got my tickets at 12.30 just as que was building.In front of me was a lass getting tickets
for her partner and son who'd never been before., how many people will come just because its a
freebie and probably never come back again?

How many went to Wembley who would probably not come again?

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 18, 2011, 01:02:38 pm by Fal »
Let me guess, you are my good friend SSR on FF.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 18, 2011, 01:03:39 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=151383
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=151375
IM BORED! THIS IS TEDIOUS! CAN'T WE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!?

I agree its tedious but Im sick of people belittling supporters who cant attend every game or cant afford a season ticket! a supporter supports wether that means he/she can afford to attend one game or 46! we are all supporters and we do what we can not what someone assumes we all should do!

I wasn't having a pop at you there mate (sorry if it seemed I was), I just meant the whole topic in general, it has literally been done to death!!!

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 18, 2011, 01:06:02 pm by washyrover »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=151342
Doncaster Rovers Free Tickets!

Jesus the seriel season ticket moaners won`t be happy! :chair:
one season ticket holder more than pleased here.Scout idea is still tin pot,Talking to the season ticket holders in the family stand either they have moved south or have not renewed.Once again great idea for friday long live KING JOHN many thanks for your love and support of the rovers.

VikingJames

« Reply #49 on April 18, 2011, 01:06:32 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Fal\" post=151396

Yeah, you seem to have a problem with me.

Feel free to PM me to air your concerns, rather than hiding behind snide comments on the main forum.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 18, 2011, 01:07:49 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=151366
Guys - all this in-bitching will make this place an even less happy place to be, added to the woes on the pitch being discussed.

This forum won't have any effect on the atmosphere at matches. It's just for a selection of fans who like to discuss the club more than most others and like to hear the sound of their own voice. On Friday, we'll have 12,000 fans at the game and not just the 300 or 400 or so regulars from on here.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 18, 2011, 01:08:52 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=151350
The season ticket holders that moan are on a par with the players that they call merceneries, they only think about themselves, now more than any time this club needs the people of the town to get behind the team, make some noise, it may just get that extra ounce of effort out of the players, if it does n`t then at least we gave it a go. I don`t care if I`ve paid and someone gets in for nowt, I want Championship Football next season even if I`m a few quid down!

I would much rather the board (who are obviously funding this measure) had saved their money and spent it on decent players rather than binning it like this!! It's absolutely ridiculous. If you add up the money the board have had to fork out for this friday + the shortfall they must have made up for the £10 matches + the kids go free matches, Doncaster could have bought a decent player or two and no-one would be worrying about relegation!!!!

All this does is p!ss people off, waste money, and is likely to have zero effect on the outcome of the game. What next.......a gypsy to come and bless the nets???  :headbang:

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 18, 2011, 01:17:05 pm by Fal »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=151399

Feel free to PM me to air your concerns, rather than hiding behind snide comments on the main forum.

Is that a threat? Seriously SSR, take a chill pill rather than going all out defensive. My problem with you not necessarily on here is your negativity on a lot of subjects. I mean your comments some time ago having a go at your fellow fans was probably the best of the lot.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 18, 2011, 01:22:20 pm by george-friend »
STOP MOANING !!

What else should the club do then ?
The fans dont sing much anyway and 5000 more fans would be great for the players and lets not forget that the \"rovers bug\" can grow on people and they may then go and buy a st.

Some people find something to moan at all the time. Seriously :thumbdown:

Oh and yes i am a season ticket holder in the ss and it really doesnt bother me,owt to boost the attendence

VikingJames

« Reply #54 on April 18, 2011, 01:25:46 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Fal\" post=151403
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=151399

Is that a threat? Seriously SSR, take a chill pill rather than going all out defensive. My problem with you not necessarily on here is your negativity on a lot of subjects. I mean your comments some time ago having a go at your fellow fans was probably the best of the lot.

I'm not threatening anything. Do what you like. I just wouldn't mind getting to the root of the problem. Lots of posts at the beginning of this thread were very negative, but you seemed to pick out my (more balanced) view. Coincidence?

Negativity - the buzzword of lots of people on this forum. That's half the trouble. We have a bit of a culture of sweeping realistic/honest views under the carpet and branding them as negative, and that is the problem with DRFC here. Maybe they should think twice about telling STH's to shove their concerns up their arses when it comes round to next summer, when I'm parting with another lump sum of money for my ST.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 18, 2011, 01:27:12 pm by benaldo »
Not moaning, just wishing the Doncaster board had spent money on players rather than funding concessional tickets for a Doncaster public who don't want to watch a bottom half Championship side unless it's free. Let's face it, you could put 234252463634636 people in that stadium and, if they're Rovers fans, it wouldn't improve the singing one bit or change the result would it??

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 18, 2011, 01:37:20 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=151412
Let's face it, you could put 234252463634636 people in that stadium and, if they're Rovers fans, it wouldn't change the result would it??

If there were two hundred and thirty-four trillion, two hundred and fifty-two billion, four hundred and sixty-three million, six hundred and thirty-four thousand six hundred and thirty-six Doncastrians in the Keepmoat, I'd imagine
the ref would find it hard to turn down a half decent penalty shout in Rovers favour (for a change).

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 18, 2011, 01:39:27 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=151416
Let's face it, you could put 234252463634636 people in that stadium and, if they're Rovers fans, it wouldn't change the result would it??

If there were two hundred and thirty-four trillion, two hundred and fifty-two billion, four hundred and sixty-three million, six hundred and thirty-four thousand six hundred and thirty-six Doncastrians in the Keepmoat, I'd imagine
the ref would find it hard to turn down a half decent penalty shout in Rovers favour (for a change).

Imagine the queues at the drinks kiosks.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 18, 2011, 01:41:23 pm by CusworthRovers »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=151390
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=151381

:thumbsup:

One would assume you were at the front of the queue?  :P

Nice one Filo. Let's just hope the chuff isn't then selling them on.

Nice opportunity for any 3pm critics out there to see for themselves what's happening instead of just taking the words of knee jerk untruths on here

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 18, 2011, 01:41:46 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=151417
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=151416

Imagine the queues at the drinks kiosks.

That would n`t bother you, you`ve never bought anything from the kiosks, you f**king cheapskate! :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012