Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:41:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets are Free on Friday!  (Read 13560 times)

VikingJames

Re: Tickets are Free on Friday!
« Reply #60 on April 18, 2011, 01:43:45 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=151416
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=151412
Let's face it, you could put 234252463634636 people in that stadium and, if they're Rovers fans, it wouldn't change the result would it??

If there were two hundred and thirty-four trillion, two hundred and fifty-two billion, four hundred and sixty-three million, six hundred and thirty-four thousand six hundred and thirty-six Doncastrians in the Keepmoat, I'd imagine
the ref would find it hard to turn down a half decent penalty shout in Rovers favour (for a change).

I don't care how good an atmosphere it creates, I'm not sharing my seat with 15616830908.975 people. ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 18, 2011, 01:48:56 pm by washyrover »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=151395
Quote from: \"duggiesmyhero\" post=151391
Got my tickets at 12.30 just as que was building.In front of me was a lass getting tickets
for her partner and son who'd never been before., how many people will come just because its a
freebie and probably never come back again?

How many went to Wembley who would probably not come again?
its a chance the club has to take.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 18, 2011, 01:49:02 pm by DonnyRTID »
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=151374
Quote from: \"Chrisd_123\" post=151365
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=151364
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=151358
Quote from: \"Chrisd_123\" post=151353
People on here are the most hypocritical people i've every seen!

\"Oh ticket prices are way too much, reduce them or come up with good offers\"

Am I the only person who actually supports this team and will get a season ticket no matter what?
It's just business, buy a season ticket and you commit for the season. It's pretty simple really. They still have to try and get new customers in and a one off free ticket game could do that. The same happens in pretty much every business in the world.

Get over it and support the team rather than taking every single tiny opportunity to have a dig at the club.

What a knob you are! some of us have to prioritize our finances and cant afford a season ticket \"NO MATTER WHAT\" I have no objection to the club trying to gain support or give tickets away free....god knows Ill be grateful of that next season and yes I will be there irregardless of what league we are in as I always have been, think before you open your mouth some of us cant afford to renew!! I for one am going to be a father again in July and have been gutted that I will no longer be a ST holder as I have to justify where I spend my money!

Bald Rover, your earlier post, implied that the offers were the reasons why you did n`t make buying a season ticket your priority.

Bit harsh but I must admit it makes justifies descision to not put a new season ticket as my priority !

Now, it`s no one business but yours as to why your not renewing, but you did leave your earlier post open to interpretation

If you read my whole post d**khead you'll see that my point was that I will be supporting this club whatever happens. It just seems that people on here use anything the club do to try and encourage more fans as an excuse to say \"I'm not renewing my season ticket\" or \"I may as well just not renew and wait for the offers\". I understand people are in difficulty financially, but either buy a season ticket or don't. Simple. Don't start blaming the club at every opportunity for something they're trying to do to get more fans in. The club can't win with people on here is the point i'm making.

I repeat that regardless of the argument you now post the bold part I highlighted was one of the most ridiculous comments ever posted! we all support this club and due to financial restraints some cant afford season tickets or like me cant afford to renew the four I have held for some time, likewise I probably wont be able to afford to renew my VSC membership which I see you didnt bother with so I assume that makes you a lesser supporter? and Filo yes part of the reason the season ticket hasnt taken priority is the fact that it will save me money if there are as many offers next season, I have to make a descision now to either let my season tickets go and do what I can to support this great club next season or struggle to buy season tickets now and put myself under even more financial stress....If I choose not to renew Im not any less a supporter nor is anyone else I am simply a supporter who for whatever reason cannot commit that outlay when it is needed! I applauded the spread option but it wasnt viable to myself, that doesnt make it a bad scheme it just doesnt suit myself. I also applauded the reduced price tickets to \"encourage fan growth\" but you show me one Season ticket holder who is struggling to make ends meet who after all the cheap tickets and freebies who hasnt muttered \"why did I bother \" and Ill call you a liar! ps Chris I expect to see a VSC member logo attached to your next post!! :scarf:

Me and many more, even with all the offers, i'm still better off financially and i haven't got a problem with the offers, in fact i support them. I've just been to the Moat and took 4 others with me, between us we got 12 tickets for friends. I'm all for filling the ground even if it was at a loss to me, which it isn't.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 18, 2011, 01:50:03 pm by andy didcott »
i am a season ticket holder and think this is a great idea, i dont care if i miss out on a freebie. what we need on friday is to get the place full and cheer on the lads.
if there are going to be people there who have never been before then so be it, hopefully
some of those will come back again next season.

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #64 on April 18, 2011, 01:53:11 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
just got my free tickets over the phone, for a family of four. all rovers fans, all living in Solihull 100 miles away.

i have spent hundreds, no thousands of pounds over the past 40 years, watched night games at Belle Vue, following home and away, despite leaving donny in 83, i've seen them tumble out of the League, and then go on to thoroughly enjoy the past few years, at first dragging my family with me, but we are all now 'rovers til we die' just as my dad was.

can't wait for friday, didnt think i could afford/justify cost of fuel plus four tickets, so thank you John Ryan.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 18, 2011, 01:55:45 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"LongbridgeMGRover\" post=151431
just got my free tickets over the phone, for a family of four. all rovers fans, all living in Solihull 100 miles away.

i have spent hundreds, no thousands of pounds over the past 40 years, watched night games at Belle Vue, following home and away, despite leaving donny in 83, i've seen them tumble out of the League, and then go on to thoroughly enjoy the past few years, at first dragging my family with me, but we are all now 'rovers til we die' just as my dad was.

can't wait for friday, didnt think i could afford/justify cost of fuel plus four tickets, so thank you John Ryan.

You`ve got 4 days to trawl the streets with a jerry can and a length of pipe, i`m sure you could make the whole trip a freebie :laugh:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 18, 2011, 01:56:45 pm by CusworthRovers »
Yep let's fill the chuffin place, regardless if it nips the pockets of others

If we get 200 extra ST's out of this venture, then it's a result. If we get people just attending games ad-hoc then it's a result.

That's before we talk about lifting the players with a better atmosphere, and the players coming out to a possible full stadium.......and the fact it may raise performance for a 1 off game.

This Fridays game ON THE PITCH is the most important thing to consider at this time. Not OFF THE PITCH

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 18, 2011, 01:59:19 pm by Maps »
Whilst I (sort of) applaud this, I'm not convinced it will have the desired effect - for the reasons below;

I'm a Season Ticket holder and have no specific problem with this from a financial situation. However, I agree with the earlier poster who said he'd make people pick them up on the gate before the match or failing that, at least limit to those people on the club database. The problem with a free ticket, particularly in advance (& on Good Friday, when there aren't that many other games - for example the Blades, Owls and Dingles all play Saturday) is it encourages neutrals. Those people aren't going to shout the place down for Rovers - they're going to sit back and enjoy a free game of live football. If you get a group of fans prone to singing surrounded by chin stroking neutrals just there for the day out, is it going to help or hinder the atmosphere?

If the ticket is free and you're not a diehard Rover then there must be the temptation to pick one up, just in case you've got nothing better to do. If it starts raining or if one of your mates suggests an afternoon in the pub or you just fancy doing something else, then it doesn't matter if you don't turn up - it's free, so you haven't lost anything.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 18, 2011, 02:02:59 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=151434
This Fridays game ON THE PITCH is the most important thing to consider at this time. Not OFF THE PITCH

Spot on mate!

Lets forget this juvenile \"he's getting this, I'm missing out\" mentality.  Focus on helping THE TEAM get through Friday with 3 points in the bag.

If half of you saved your moaning energy for supporting the team we'd never say the Keepmoat was quiet.

LETS MAKE THE MOAT A FORTRESS AGAIN, STARTING ON FRIDAY!

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 18, 2011, 02:05:37 pm by keyser_soze »
I'm all for this, even though I've only recently bought my own ticket. A full house will breed a better atmosphere.

I don't think I'd queue up at Oakwell to get a free Barnsley ticket, although in hindsight perhaps it would have been better to stick to people 'on the database', it still gives plenty of scope.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 18, 2011, 02:08:56 pm by Albert Trousers »
I'm a STH and I'd sooner see the stadium full week in week out if JR feels this is the only way to do it on friday then good on you John. However I would love to go to Barnsley on monday as I have never missed a game againt them since we started playing them on a regular basis but I'm struggling to afford tickets for me and the family, so if your reading this John maybe you could arrange a discount to STH at Oakwell. Then you really would be a man from above !!!!!

VikingJames

« Reply #71 on April 18, 2011, 02:09:10 pm by VikingJames »
Another problem - won't Palace fans just come in our end rather than pay full price to sit in the away stand?

EDIT - Or is it free for them as well? I read somewhere that the offer was only available to DRFC supporters.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 18, 2011, 02:10:36 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Has anyone thought that everytime this season when there has been a reduced tickets offer, that we have played terrible, maybe something to think about. I hope there are 14,000 rovers fans there, we just need a good performance to go with it.

Does this apply to Palace fans? looked on their website no mention of it, hope not tbh then we can fill the north stand as well.

I would of preferred £5 for adults £1 kids then atleast its a few more quid in the bank, the food ques will be heaving at half time :lol:

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 18, 2011, 02:18:17 pm by VivaRovers »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=151443
Another problem - won't Palace fans just come in our end rather than pay full price to sit in the away stand?

EDIT - Or is it free for them as well? I read somewhere that the offer was only available to DRFC supporters.

I thought of that when it was announced but on reflection it would be difficult for Palace fans to get a ticket as presumably they are only being sold over the phone to people on the club's database or in person at the Stadium.

Its not like playing Leeds at home where the away fans can nip down the road and buy them.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 18, 2011, 02:18:19 pm by DonnyRTID »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=151443

Can't see them coming all this way to purchase a ticket, it will cost them more than their ticket price.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 18, 2011, 02:26:59 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I've been informed there is quite a queue at the office & that they aren't sticking to 2 per person...

I've tried ringing for away tickets & can't get through. Knew I should have made the call first thing!

Wonder if they are going to refund those who have already bought a ticket that aren't STHs?

VikingJames

« Reply #76 on April 18, 2011, 02:32:43 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"DonnyRTID\" post=151451

Can't see them coming all this way to purchase a ticket, it will cost them more than their ticket price.

Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=151450

I thought of that when it was announced but on reflection it would be difficult for Palace fans to get a ticket as presumably they are only being sold over the phone to people on the club's database or in person at the Stadium.

Its not like playing Leeds at home where the away fans can nip down the road and buy them.

Are free tickets not available on the day?

Mind you, I suppose if the take-up is good enough (which it sounds like it is) then Palace fans won't bother travelling up on the day without a ticket only to risk it being sold out.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 18, 2011, 02:43:16 pm by DonnyRTID »
\"im a Season Ticket holder and have no specific problem with this from a financial situation. However, I agree with the earlier poster who said he'd make people pick them up on the gate before the match or failing that, at least limit to those people on the club database.\"

There was a woman going down the queue giving out tickets for the East stand, no questions asked, but for the South stand the one getting tickets had to be on the data base.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 18, 2011, 02:47:44 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=151417
Quote from: \"Snods Shinpad 2\" post=151416
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=151412
Let's face it, you could put 234252463634636 people in that stadium and, if they're Rovers fans, it wouldn't change the result would it??

If there were two hundred and thirty-four trillion, two hundred and fifty-two billion, four hundred and sixty-three million, six hundred and thirty-four thousand six hundred and thirty-six Doncastrians in the Keepmoat, I'd imagine
the ref would find it hard to turn down a half decent penalty shout in Rovers favour (for a change).

Imagine the queues at the drinks kiosks.

:laugh: they're already quite sizeable now.

Obviously on game days, and not right at this moment..

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 18, 2011, 02:49:07 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=151434
Yep let's fill the chuffin place, regardless if it nips the pockets of others

If we get 200 extra ST's out of this venture, then it's a result. If we get people just attending games ad-hoc then it's a result.

That's before we talk about lifting the players with a better atmosphere, and the players coming out to a possible full stadium.......and the fact it may raise performance for a 1 off game.

Well, to my maths a crowd of 12,000 Rovers fans on Friday means 6,000 season ticket holders (Roughly) and 6,000 freebies. Income - £0. If 200 of them, by your reckoning, buy £400 season tickets each for next season thats - £80,000.
If the offer were not on for Firday, and you estimate 4,000 people come and pay on the day at an average cost of £20 then that = £80,000. SO, I hope 200 extra season tickets are sold as a result of Fridays offer.......
If, of course, Rovers lose on Friday, I don't think anyone in their right mind would expect a season ticket increase next season. What I'm trying to say is that it's an overly emotional statement that is costing the club in the region of £80,000. Not to be sniffed at when we've been told the cupboards are bare. I hope you are right and that 200 extra season tickets are sold as a result of Fridays publicity stunt.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 18, 2011, 03:21:25 pm by CusworthRovers »
Can somebody explain issues about long term fan base to Benzema......All the spunk (fight/willpower) is being drained out of me.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 18, 2011, 03:36:53 pm by Rovers Return »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=151500
Can somebody explain issues about long term fan base to Benzema......All the spunk (fight/willpower) is being drained out of me.

Cusworth Rover, I read parts of this thread in utter bewilderment and the occasional outloud laugh which peters out nervousley when the realisation dawns on me that some folk dont have any sort of business acumen. All business need to promote themselves, raise the profile and it costs money. This is an excellent stunt by the Rovers and if it helps get the correct result on the pitch, then it will be worth every penny.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on April 18, 2011, 03:39:42 pm by CusworthRovers »
Thanks RoversReturn. Would you mind awfully jousting with Benny Boy should he come back with owt else.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 18, 2011, 03:41:45 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Quote from: \"Rovers Return\" post=151505

Cusworth Rover, I read parts of this thread in utter bewilderment and the occasional outloud laugh which peters out nervousley when the realisation dawns on me that some folk dont have any sort of business acumen. All business need to promote themselves, raise the profile and it costs money. This is an excellent stunt by the Rovers and if it helps get the correct result on the pitch, then it will be worth every penny.

Totally agree. It's just a shame that some individuals on this thread consider themselves to be superior because they have a season ticket and how dare the club try and do something to encourage a positive atmosphere.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on April 18, 2011, 03:54:55 pm by Rovers Return »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=151508
Quote from: \"Rovers Return\" post=151505

Totally agree. It's just a shame that some individuals on this thread consider themselves to be superior because they have a season ticket and how dare the club try and do something to encourage a positive atmosphere.

Hi Kenny, my brother, my two boys and I are long term season ticket holders. I love it when the Rovers do this and I don't give the money a second thought. It offers me the chance to drag along those that, can't afford it, those who waiver or sit on the edge or anybody else that couldn't really refuse a game of footy at a bargain price. Its all about getting them through the turnstile and cementing an association with the Rovers no matter how small. The best ones are the guys who have small children that realise, eventually, that following Manure, Chelsea, is just that and supporting them is unaffordable. Yet on the doorstep is a great football experience for them and the young ones and everybody is home for just gone five. Currently, I have lined up two Manure television fans and their offspring and an Everton season ticket holder and his young son who has found his match day experience expensive and a bloody long day.

The support of this club will grow steadily so long as the success happens on the pitch, starting on Friday.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 18, 2011, 04:13:41 pm by not on facebook »
cant belive that anyone is having ago at the club for the free ticket
issue for the palace game.

its a must not loose game ffs and rovers staying in the champ
will be determind after the outcome.

i take me hat off to the club for the forward thinking,at least they
are trying their upmost.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on April 18, 2011, 04:20:18 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"oslorovers\" post=151518
cant belive that anyone is having ago at the club for the free ticket
issue for the palace game.

its a must not loose game ffs and rovers staying in the champ
will be determind after the outcome.

i take me hat off to the club for the forward thinking,at least they
are trying their upmost.

Worth a flight over eh? :laugh:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 18, 2011, 04:42:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Great to hear the club are doing this, and hope JR risks squeezing into the south stand, am sure he'd love the experience :scarf: (just seen he is, maybe should drag in the other directors too!)

I hope all tickets are sold, and that most actually turn up on the day. If not, it sends a clear message to the board about potential support for the club.

I'd have come and paid but am working Friday night :scarf: :cry: :scarf:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on April 18, 2011, 04:56:54 pm by Filo »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 18, 2011, 05:07:44 pm by RedJ »
Anyone reckon we can actually fill the place this time? I reckon Palace'll sell out their end.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012