Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:07:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Diouf  (Read 17870 times)

VikingJames

Re: Diouf
« Reply #30 on October 31, 2011, 11:43:26 am by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=195577
Big Sam turned him down as he's out of shape and could prove disruptive on and off the pitch.

No such qualms for us.

It's alright for West Ham who are sitting pretty at the top. We're in a relegation scrap and needed a striker.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 31, 2011, 11:44:37 am by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=195578
Big Sam turned him down as he's out of shape and could prove disruptive on and off the pitch.

No such qualms for us.

It's alright for West Ham who are sitting pretty at the top. We're in a relegation scrap and needed a striker.

All the more reason to sign one who's fit then I'd have thought?

VikingJames

« Reply #32 on October 31, 2011, 11:46:08 am by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=195579
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=195578

No such qualms for us.

All the more reason to sign one who's fit then I'd have thought?

Is that possible though? That's my point.

West Ham don't NEED a striker, so they can afford the luxury of turning him down. We really do, so we're bound to take a chance on a player that others in better positions might reject.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 31, 2011, 11:46:52 am by Filo »
Top class t**t no doubt but he`s better than what we`ve got at the moment and thats what counts in my eyes, have people forgot about some of the t**ts we`ve had playing for us before?

Was n`t Jamie Lawrence recently tagged when he played for us?

Colin Sutherland, say no more?

And who was that player that threw his wife down the stairs and killed her, I think he played for Scarborough as well, are have I dreamed that one up?

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 31, 2011, 11:47:10 am by KC_DRFC »
This forum makes me chuckle, we could sign Messi and some people still wouldn't be happy

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 31, 2011, 11:50:42 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=195582
Top class t**t no doubt but he`s better than what we`ve got at the moment and thats what counts in my eyes, have people forgot about some of the t**ts we`ve had playing for us before?

And who was that player that threw his wife down the stairs and killed her, I think he played for Scarborough as well, are have I dreamed that one up?

Was it Micky Norbury?

And Colin Sutherland gained legendary status for being a t**t!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 31, 2011, 11:51:19 am by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=195581

West Ham don't NEED a striker, so they can afford the luxury of turning him down. We really do, so we're bound to take a chance on a player that others in better positions might reject.

And my point is if we do NEED a striker then it would make sense to sign a fit one. Surely with McKay's incredible contact book we'd get one who is both affordable and match-fit.

We signed Giles Barnes even though he'd had no pre-season and wasn't fit. I'm yet to see evidence that he's fully fit. It will take Diouf a fair while to get to a level where he can do himself justice.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 31, 2011, 11:52:24 am by inSODwetrust »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 31, 2011, 11:53:42 am by DonnyNoel »

You haven't dreamt him up although those weren't the circumstances of his manslaughter charge, I believe it was a fight outside a nightclub? I believe the \"stairs\" incident happened to another former player. Not that its a trivial matter but I recall on one of the old forums it was worked out that we could put together a DRFC Prison XI.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 31, 2011, 11:54:41 am by DRFCBRADFORD »
Give the guy a chance,maybe what we need sharp and diouf up front ,take sum pressure of sharp ,now we need sum muscle in midfield and woods back.may have a chance off staying up.

VikingJames

« Reply #40 on October 31, 2011, 11:55:15 am by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=195587
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=195581

And my point is if we do NEED a striker then it would make sense to sign a fit one. Surely with McKay's incredible contact book we'd get one who is both affordable and match-fit.

Well clearly not!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 31, 2011, 11:55:51 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=195586

Was it Micky Norbury?

And Colin Sutherland gained legendary status for being a t**t!

Thats the one, so I did n`t dream it! :thumbsup:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 31, 2011, 11:56:27 am by wing commander »
Some of you are just unbelievable,any chance we can see the lad play before you hang him out to dry!!!!!!

I am convinced some on here wont be happy until we are back in the conference so they can smile smugly and say i told you so....

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 31, 2011, 11:58:34 am by MrFrost »
Obviously those slating the signing won't remember the likes of Padi Wilson, Prince Moncrieffe, and the Esdaille brothers. All of who did time, mainly for drug dealing.

Get a grip and get behind the guy while he is here.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 31, 2011, 12:06:28 pm by Wild Rover »
One thing i know for certain is i awoke this morning feeling ok, now i feel better than that. Good signing, ok might not be fit, but i am sure it wont take too long to get fit.

Couldn't care less about his past, everyone has one, or they have lived a sheltered life, the difference being he was in the public eye.

Ok, not everyones cup of tea, but whilst here he will recieve my support as do all the players.

The Loan Arranger

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 31, 2011, 12:08:32 pm by The Loan Arranger »
What do we call him ........ El?    ;)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 31, 2011, 12:09:13 pm by eastender »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=195595

Get a grip and get behind the guy while he is here.

Well said Mr F , Give the lad a chance ,he's only here for an initial 3 months at a cost of 24k, and if he can help us get another 25 points on the board then i'll be more than happy.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 31, 2011, 12:10:46 pm by retford rover »
Are we signing Bob Carolgese  as his minder
lol

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 31, 2011, 12:14:47 pm by Adam »
Quote from: \"KC_DRFC\" post=195583
This forum makes me chuckle, we could sign Messi and some people still wouldn't be happy

Messi isn't a tit.

stoxy001

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 31, 2011, 12:15:25 pm by stoxy001 »
the guys an absolute tool....but I'm not bothered, cos he'll terrorise most championship defences!

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 31, 2011, 12:20:58 pm by inSODwetrust »
Lets be honest, if everyone agreed with each other and saw the 'good' in everything and everyone, this forum would be pointless, and football (the greatest sport in the world) would be boring!

Also, El Hadji Diouf spat at an 11 year old Celtic fan! How would you react if it was your son etc?

First class C**t!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 31, 2011, 12:22:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
So he's a tool, so what. We only have him for 3 months and considering the fact that we had only one striker in the 16 on Saturday it's something we need. If he does well he will be off in Jan and we will have a few more points. If he's crap he will be off in Jan and we will be no worse off. I suppose what fans of other clubs who to be fair have only patronised us in the past mean more to some than our club trying to pull itself out of the relegation places.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 31, 2011, 12:23:11 pm by Drover »
Quote from: \"Adam\" post=195605
Quote from: \"KC_DRFC\" post=195583

Messi isn't a  tit.

But some on here would still find something to moan about him? :headbang:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 31, 2011, 12:24:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"ryanb86\" post=195549
how much of this will we see??

[attachment=858]dioufspitting.jpg[/attachment]

It'll be worth all the hassle as long as Lewis Dunk has to wipe some off his face.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 31, 2011, 12:25:04 pm by Wello »
Tit or no tit he's here and he's a rovers player who would of thought we'd have a player of his calibare at Doncaster on the cold days watching us play the likes of Leek town on a boxing day with 500 fans there, we've come a huge way in ten years & theres still more than half of the town as Leeds fans, so were not doing too bad.

on the other hand don't be suprised to see Billy exit the club to free the wages up for the others to come in. just worries me where we go if we can't sign these players on longer deals in Jan.

Lewis Dunk is attracting prem sides, so Diouffy might not get the chance to spit in his face, or as Jason Bent aka 110% says \" I think the red card was harsh as it wasn't a greeny\" ha

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 31, 2011, 12:25:38 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=195607

Also, El Hadji Diouf spat at an 11 year old Celtic fan! How would you react if it was your son etc?

I`d smack him in the mouth for being cheeky to a footballer! ;)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 31, 2011, 12:26:57 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=195612
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=195607

I`d smack him in the mouth for being cheeky to a footballer! ;)

:lol:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 31, 2011, 12:27:44 pm by The L J Monk »
This is a guy who, having seen a fellow player lying on the turf with his leg in three pieces, thought it suitable to say \"f you and f your leg\".

Maybe that's what Dean meant when he said he wanted a few more \"Roy Keane types\".

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 31, 2011, 12:32:38 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=195615
This is a guy who, having seen a fellow player lying on the turf with his leg in three pieces, thought it suitable to say \"f you and f your leg\".

Maybe that's what Dean meant when he said he wanted a few more \"Roy Keane types\".

Don`t forget that Alfie Halland did the same to Keane previous to Keane knee capping him!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 31, 2011, 12:34:58 pm by SkellowRover »
Don't get me wrong he will get my support when he's on the pitch as will any player who wears our shirt, BUT even if he scored 40+ goals and fired us to the premier league imho he would still be a vile piece of work that i dislike. Any man that says \"fetch your 1 year old daughter i'll f**k her too\" wants castrating.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012