Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:53:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharp, Ryan and Attendances  (Read 16980 times)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
Re: Sharp, Ryan and Attendances
« Reply #120 on September 09, 2013, 09:05:18 am by roverssam1879 »
If the prices came down then  would attend more games, the price of a 90 mile round trip plus ticket is quite a lump to pay more than once a month.

bring the prices down and get fans thru the gates, the loss in the reduced ticket price would be covered by  not only the extra fans paying for a ticket but also the merchandise, food, programes, half time draws and so on...it would alos create somewhat a better atmoshpere and would likely bring people back to another game or games in the future.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on September 09, 2013, 11:01:57 pm by BobG »
Have you got the sums mate to show how this works out? I'd be interested. especially the merchandising, food, programmes, half time draws numbers. Always did wonder what percentage of the crowd buy any of those things and what contribution they make to the overall finances.

Cheers!

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on September 09, 2013, 11:05:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bob

Einstein. "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome is a definition of insanity."

Course, by that definition, O'Driscoll was off his bleeding rocker for a couple of years when he kept selecting Lewis Guy and expecting him to suddenly look as though he knew one end of a football pitch from the other.

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on September 09, 2013, 11:15:36 pm by Ian H »
That's the point Bob - let someone create the statistic - give it a try - I appreciate that some ST holders will move to "whinge mode", but if you don't try you'll never create the stat.

Incidentally, if anyone is going to pay Huddersfield prices but not contemplating the next home fixture, shame on you - don't give the West Yorkshire shite your money if you won't shell out for the Keepmoat.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on September 09, 2013, 11:23:59 pm by BobG »
But we did Ian. Those free tickets and the tenner specials. I suspect that as they've not been repeated they don't cost in. So if someone has stats that prove otherwise I'd be very interested.

Bob

PS Thank you Billy. I didn't know the reference. That's worth knowing too.

PS Left that shiitty employer at long, long last!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:34:45 pm by BobG »

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on September 10, 2013, 08:40:29 am by roverssam1879 »
Have you got the sums mate to show how this works out? I'd be interested. especially the merchandising, food, programmes, half time draws numbers. Always did wonder what percentage of the crowd buy any of those things and what contribution they make to the overall finances.

Cheers!

BobG

I havent Bob, but i sure would have a crack at working it out if i had something to go on... it just seems a viable option. An empty seat wont create income but someone sat in it just may do that as well as add to the non existant atmoshphere... it might even get us a home win!!!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on September 10, 2013, 08:49:55 am by idler »
Why not ask fans on the way in or on the concourses what if any food they buy?
We could also have a questionnaire on here asking how many buy what and where. 
The same about programmes and half time draw tickets.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on September 10, 2013, 08:54:21 am by roverssam1879 »
Good idea Idler, im just not sure what i would do with my findings in terms of who to present it to or get the right people listening.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on September 10, 2013, 08:58:02 am by PDX_Rover »
Surely the club and vendors know what's been sold in which outlet?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on September 10, 2013, 09:07:09 am by idler »
Surely the club and vendors know what's been sold in which outlet?
that's true but if two out of a group of four bought you could ask the other two if they ever bought or why not.
You could ask ages as well to find out which groups buy and which don't.
Then ask about half time draw tickets and programmes.
If I attend every game and buy a programme, food, drink and half time draw tickets that's great. I miss a game it's a fair loss to the club. If four go and one of each buy one item it's not so bad if one of them misses a game.
We know how much we sell and where but what do we know about who buy them?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on September 11, 2013, 09:16:01 pm by les@donr »
As mentioned on this thread before, trying to convert other clubs followers isn't going to work. Instead focus on the future, Rovers needs to get into all the local schools and college and get youngsters on-board, they may even bring reluctant relatives to games, but youth is the future for Rovers which might not see increased attendance immediately, but over time the youngsters become adults and will be hooked on Rovers.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on September 11, 2013, 09:20:07 pm by SLO@DRFC »
We can assure you Les this is already happening!

They currently engage with 72 out of the 123 schools in Doncaster, which equates to 12,371 young people. They undertook 54,585 participants visited over a 39-week period averaging 1,400 engagements per week.  The target for a full year is 72,800 visits.

Players have conducted 343 visits, which equates to two per school day.

The business plan is to engage will all 123 schools within the Doncaster Borough within the next two years. 

The Club and Community Foundation have provided regular opportunities for children in Doncaster to secure Rovers match tickets.  Over 30 schools have already signed up to an attendance for attendance scheme for 2013/14 where throughout the season any child with an exemplary attendance record will receive a free match ticket for selected games and any adult wishing to accompany them will receive a discount on their ticket.

From September when the school term starts again the club will once again be visiting schools in Doncaster through the Rovers Roadshow.  On the back of every Roadshow visit to a school the opportunity to take part in a special match day experience, which includes chance to meet Donny Dog and take part in the family area experience, which has complimentary face painting and computer games available for children.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012